PDA

View Full Version : The guilty party

retread
08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I had an interesting talk with the owner of the (ex) dealership where I had my Spyder serviced today; it seems that BRP is not entirely at fault for the number of dealers giving up their franchises. GE Financial has been pushing all the cycle manufacturers to increase stocking requirements, because GE is the biggest outfit in that market, and they want to increase their profits. Most dealers buy their stock with credit, GE gives them the credit, and collects the interest, my dealer was paying over 5K a month just in interest when they dropped BRP.

john

musicarcade
08-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Sounds like GE Financial may be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

ARtraveler
08-03-2010, 02:00 PM
:agree:Good information update. :popcorn:

Smylinacha
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Sounds like GE Financial may be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

:agree::agree:

pjp623
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
That may be true, but I also know of Can Am dealerships that have been trying to get the Spyder line and are continually put off by BRP. :spyder:

bjt
08-03-2010, 05:41 PM
That may be true, but I also know of Can Am dealerships that have been trying to get the Spyder line and are continually put off by BRP. :spyder:

Maybe BRP's Application to be a Spyder Dealership forms are on backorder. :D

spydsense
08-03-2010, 06:53 PM

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

AMTJIM
08-03-2010, 07:03 PM
I believe GE is owned by HSBC.

boborgera
08-03-2010, 08:37 PM

:agree:I know one dealer here in NJ that wants to sell Spyders, but are locked out . Don't know if this is true, but he told me that the other dealers in the area have some kind of exclusive deal to sell Spiders.

Trickie Dick
08-03-2010, 08:51 PM
:agree:I know one dealer here in NJ that wants to sell Spyders, but are locked out . Don't know if this is true, but he told me that the other dealers in the area have some kind of exclusive deal to sell Spiders.
I would imagine they have protected territories, just like auto dealerships from most manufactures.

pjp623
08-04-2010, 06:58 AM
:dontknow: That may be true, but in Vermontwe only have 2 dealerships right now for the entire state, so we certainly could support at least one more.

DSQUARE
08-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I have friends in the Motorcycle and RV business that are having the same thing occur, and it's not only "GE". Other financial institutions that the average consumer does not deal with and may not have heard of are doing the same thing. Since alot of business have folded, and consumers are being "TIGHT" inventorys are not turning as quickly, so "THEY" want the dealers to take on more inventory even though it isn't moving as fast, just so "THEY" can make profit off the interest payments, and to HELL with the small businessman, and let's face it. Unless a dealer has more than one dealership, and they are both doing steady good business, he isn't doing any better than us the regular working stiff, and somtimes woorse.

Pincushion
08-04-2010, 07:30 PM

:clap:I bet that's the problem ....:roflblack: