PDA

View Full Version : North Shore

Paula(Butch2025)
08-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Butch and I are heading up to the North Shore on Thursday thru Sunday. We'll be somewhere between Duluth (AeroStitch) and Two Harbors for a much needed long weekend. If anyone is going to be in the area let us know, and we'll try to meet up.

Paula

ARtraveler
08-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Im a little to far away to join you---but suggest you ride further north--like all the way to Grand Marais--and maybe cruise the Sawbill or Gunflint trails--paved of course. The scenery gets even better once you are past Two Harbors, and you will definately enjoy the twisties on HWY 61. Tofte has a nice restaurant or two as well as Grand Marais. We always used to stop at Blackwoods in Two Harbors on our way to Grand Marais. Enjoy your trip to one of our favorite places in Minnesota.

bikeguy
08-02-2010, 09:44 PM
heading up to the North Shore on Thursday thru Sunday.

Paula

I envy you. In 1992 I was working in Two Harbors for about a week and got to make the trip up the north shore from Duluth all the way into Canada with my wife. Unfortunately, we were in a cage but it was still one of the most beautiful drives we have ever taken. I can only imagine how much more beautiful it would have been on two or three wheels. As the saying goes; "If the Good Lord's willin' and the creeks don't rise" maybe we will be fortunate enough to make that beautiful trip again some day but this time on the Spyder RT. Y'all have a wonderful trip.

Cotton

Paula(Butch2025)
08-03-2010, 08:17 AM
We make the north shore trip quite often, we are only 1.5 hours away from Duluth. :clap: Even the ride there is fun if you take hwy 23 or detour thru J.Cooke St. Park. Two Harbors is our base for the weekend, where we go each day will depend on our mood that morning!

Paula

ARtraveler
08-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Have a great weekend getaway in the land of 10,000 lakes. I also liked HWY 23 and Jay Cooke State Park. Lived in West Duluth, so that was often an evening ride for me.

SethO
08-12-2010, 12:51 AM
do you run hwy 1 to ely, that is a great run. Then go west to effy south to grand rapids, on hwy 38 is twisty.

SpyderAnn01
08-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Butch and I are heading up to the North Shore on Thursday thru Sunday. We'll be somewhere between Duluth (AeroStitch) and Two Harbors for a much needed long weekend. If anyone is going to be in the area let us know, and we'll try to meet up.

Paula

Hope you had a great time. You should just rename Duluth to Aerostitch, MN! Did Butch get his new riding pants?

Paula(Butch2025)
08-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Nope, not yet...maybe he'll break down and get them before we head for the smokies.

Paula(Butch2025)
08-22-2010, 11:10 AM
do you run hwy 1 to ely, that is a great run. Then go west to effy south to grand rapids, on hwy 38 is twisty.

Butch just laghed when he read this...he has always hated hwy 1. But on the spyder it migiht be a different story!