PDA

View Full Version : Oil change finally done

Roger
08-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Yes the oil change is done! but i first got a new oil tank plug thanks to someone posting that they got it at auto zone. I then took it to the dealer where they removed it after acouple wacks with a hammer ( i told you it was tight) yes i could have done that but i'am not the one who put it in and just in case their was any trouble at least i was at the dealer. So i went home then the next day i went on a nice ride with marianne,chezeburger and bill pitmon was about 170 miles for me and more than that for marianne and chezeburger. marianne turned 5000 miles on the ride i was at 5,750+ and for got about the pin but i took a picture and will submit it. sunday i did the oil change and put the hindle back on and i never checked to see if i was getting oil in the airbox so i did i had about 2 teardrops worth of oil in it and that was after 5,750 miles so not to bad. When i changed the oil i measured out the exact amount required only for my personal test and what i learned was after i ran the bike for a few miles and rechecked the oil and it was perfectly at the full level which tells me that i was riding with it a little low but stll in the safe zone. i did put in amsoil in it i will let you know how i like it after awhile. The bike preforms alot better now and i should mention i did change the hcm filter also i wish i took a picture of it cause it did not have any metal bits in it, it looked pretty dirty so i will be changing that filter everytime!!! The next thing i did was put the quarter turn screws in the rightside panel now it matches the leftside just order the same part numbers that are on the otherside dont order the washer they are way over priced. You will just have to trimm a little plastic but no big deal. Any ? just ask.