PDA

View Full Version : Wheel lift!

packbuckbrew
08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Out riding my RTS over the weekend and really got some wheel lift on the inside wheel in a tight turn. Nothing really to scary, really reminded me the way my snowmobile feels when I get ski lift. The computer seemed to kick in pretty quickly and the revs went way down and I think it was braking. Should I be able to feel the brake pedal depressing? Anyway, pretty fun, this thing is real stable, maybe at times too stable, but my wife and life insurance agent probably prefer it that way

canam9
08-02-2010, 03:23 PM
:2thumbs::ani29:

fastfraser
08-02-2010, 03:26 PM
:2thumbs: Good to know Nanny is at work ! I work her out quite often .

Raptor
08-02-2010, 03:39 PM
:2thumbs: Good to know Nanny is at work ! I work her out quite often .

As much as I curse that :cus: Nanny, it's a good thing to have. I have toyed with the idea of defeating it, but I have chosen not to, at least not at this time. I charge pretty hard and I have gone a bit too hard a few times and ole Nanny kept me honest (and probably on the road)!

I heard somewhere that if you do disable the VSS the machine will do things in an unlimited condition that even the most experienced pilots will not be able to handle. It's the nature of the Y configuration. Of course we all have to know what our limits are, but we sometimes push just a little too hard. Of course that wouldn't be me... :shocked:...:roflblack: :roflblack:

M2Wild
08-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Not able to fish tail a little around the corner kinda takes the fun out of it.

altonk
08-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Not able to fish tail a little around the corner kinda takes the fun out of it.

But u can three wheel drift :ohyea:

BajaRon
08-03-2010, 12:59 AM
The key to Nanny Control is "SMOOTH"!

If you can enter and exit the turn smoothly you'll find you're going faster and the Nanny doesn't bother you.

It's a challange but it can be done. Like hitting a golf ball in the sweet spot on the club. You can feel it.

Raptor
08-03-2010, 01:55 AM
The key to Nanny Control is "SMOOTH"!

If you can enter and exit the turn smoothly you'll find you're going faster and the Nanny doesn't bother you.

It's a challange but it can be done. Like hitting a golf ball in the sweet spot on the club. You can feel it.

Ron, now you are talking! There is nothing like puring a golf shot. That is one of the finest feelings in the world! :D

And you can definitely drift a Spyder. It takes practice but it can definitely be done without defeating th VSS. However, I am finding that picking a slightly different line and being smoother is actually faster. It also puts less stress on the bike. Which method I choose depends on my mood.

Just today I was doing both but I pulled a kind of slide job that was epic! My @ss was hanging off that bike like a mug! This guy was jogging and just stopped and watched me go by. These Spyders are not a match for a good rider on a good sport bike but they are a gas to ride hard and they can hold their own. I'm having a blast!

BajaRon
08-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Ron, now you are talking! There is nothing like puring a golf shot. That is one of the finest feelings in the world! :D

And you can definitely drift a Spyder. It takes practice but it can definitely be done without defeating th VSS. However, I am finding that picking a slightly different line and being smoother is actually faster. It also puts less stress on the bike. Which method I choose depends on my mood.

Just today I was doing both but I pulled a kind of slide job that was epic! My @ss was hanging off that bike like a mug! This guy was jogging and just stopped and watched me go by. These Spyders are not a match for a good rider on a good sport bike but they are a gas to ride hard and they can hold their own. I'm having a blast!

I can't say I've drifted my Spyder in the classic sense. But I know what you're saying. I have gotten all 3 wheels to slide equally in a hard turn. But it isn't very far or very long. It's very smooth and controlled when I have done it.

M2Wild
08-03-2010, 10:08 AM
But u can three wheel drift :ohyea:
Dang ..... I can't wait to try that. That sounds like a LOT of fun.:D