PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Hell and Back

SpyderAnn01
08-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks to Steve for coming down from Canada and for Someguy Mike for organizing our ride to Hell. It was a lot of fun. I didn't feel so bad about going to Hell on a Sunday as we rode past Catholic Church Road on our way there. Great to put faces with names. Let's do it again soon.

And to the Silver RS with the dog on back we were at the Dam Site Inn you should have stopped in.

Firefly
08-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it-- glad you had a good time. I did manage to ryde up to Mikes later on and visit with him and Steve for a bit.

I think that was actually 'Pope Church Road' you're referring to....:shocked:

SpyderSteve
08-02-2010, 01:38 PM
:agree: It was a Great time, Thanks to everybody for showing up, hope to see everbody in Sept. at SPYDERFEST :2thumbs: Special thanks to Someguy for putting me for the 2 nites :thumbup: Steve

Some Guy
08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
I think that was actually 'Pope Church Road' you're referring to....:shocked:

Nope...it really is Catholic Church Road. I think Pope Church Road is farther west and closer to you.

Some Guy
08-02-2010, 02:36 PM
:agree: It was a Great time, Thanks to everbody for showing up, hope to see everbody in Sept. at SPYDERFEST :2thumbs: Special thanks to Someguy for putting me for the 2 nites :thumbup: Steve

It was a fun weekend. I guess you made it home OK. Looks like you made pretty good time as well! :thumbup:

Ruby's going to miss you...she had you trained just right! :roflblack:

mxz600
08-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I didn't know about this until last night. I helped my daughter move yesterday (these college kids move annually) but if I had known about the ryde I might of been able to get out of it. Oh well maybe next time. Sorry I missed you Steve, it would have been good seeing you again. I have not been keeping up with Spyderlovers as much lately, crazy busy at work and falling behind with my work at home. I guess I need to make time though, you blink and you could miss something.

Firefly
08-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Nope...it really is Catholic Church Road. I think Pope Church Road is farther west and closer to you.

Ahh-- okay---- Pope Church is the one closer to Jackson that I've been on plenty--- we were on it for awhile the day we went to hell....

SpyderSteve
08-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I didn't know about this until last night. I helped my daughter move yesterday (these college kids move annually) but if I had known about the ryde I might of been able to get out of it. Oh well maybe next time. Sorry I missed you Steve, it would have been good seeing you again. I have not been keeping up with Spyderlovers as much lately, crazy busy at work and falling behind with my work at home. I guess I need to make time though, you blink and you could miss something. To bad you missed it but family comes 1ST. :agree: it would have been nice to see you to. I will be in Niagara Falls NY and Buffalo on Fri. To far to ryde for wings? :ohyea:

mxz600
08-02-2010, 04:03 PM
To bad you missed it but family comes 1ST. :agree: it would have been nice to see you to. I will be in Niagara Falls NY and Buffalo on Fri. To far to ryde for wings? :ohyea:

I'll be in North Carolina on friday. Come on down for some fine food, drink, and a little fishing for some big catfish.:D

SpyderSteve
08-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I would love to , but i have a meeting with your very NICE border guards on Friday about getting one of those nexus passes for crossing the border easier [took me 2 hrs. to cross on Sat.] But we will hook up soon :thumbup:

SpyderSteve
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Some Guy;233986]It was a fun weekend. I guess you made it home OK. Looks like you made pretty good time as well! :thumbup:

Ruby's going to miss you...she had you trained just right! I am no [huligan] but i am happy with my time[no twisties] and as far as Ruby goes i sent you a email:thumbup: Wings are on me at the anchor bar on Friday :cheers: ?

k3232668
08-02-2010, 05:20 PM
It was good getting together with other spyder riders saturday. I hope it didnt take 2 hours to cross the border heading home. Good luck with your border crossing pass or ID.

SpyderSteve
08-02-2010, 05:28 PM
It was good getting together with other spyder riders saturday. I hope it didnt take 2 hours to cross the border heading home. Good luck with your border crossing pass or ID. I left Mikes house at about 8 am i was in Canada at 10.15 am :clap: I will find the shed # tomorrow {i am sore and tired} Thanks for showing up Kelly, hopefully you make Tennessee :f_spider: Steve

NancysToy
08-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Nancy and I had a great time, and enjoyed meeting both some old and new friends. Hope to do it again soon...but my delayed projects beckon loudly. The RT is running like crap, but it made it home. For an old Brit bike rider, that is good enough.

SpyderAnn01
08-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I,m in Utica, NY to pick up my RT trailer It would have been a nice ride on the Spyder but hitch is still in box. Scotty, at this rate you'll have your windows in before I move my rock pile. I had to drive the long way around as my passport is expired.

SpyderSteve
08-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks again Scotty and Nancy, and CanAnn I know you guys are all very busy with other projects and it was nice of you to show up :2thumbs:

GadgetGuy442
08-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Sandy and I had a geat time meeting everyone in Hell... hmm..that didn't come out quite right... but I think you know what I meant! We're looking forward to the next time we can get together. Connecting to other SpyderRyders was a real treat: great people, great stories and experiences, and great passion for the product!

Bill :2thumbs:

NancysToy
08-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I,m in Utica, NY to pick up my RT trailer It would have been a nice ride on the Spyder but hitch is still in box. Scotty, at this rate you'll have your windows in before I move my rock pile. I had to drive the long way around as my passport is expired.
It would have been a nice ride, but that hitch installation is not quick. I understand why you used alternate transportation. Funny about the passport, Lamont's snuck up on him, too, so he had to pay through the nose to expedite it for Magog.

I may have the windows done by the time you get back...if the weather cooperates tomorrow. I got two more in today, so only one to go. Of course if you count finishing the inside work, foaming, replacing trim, and then painting the trim, you may beat me yet. :D Next on the list is painting the house, but I have to throw another set of plugs in my RTS, and I have a BMW to fix. I'm not sure how I got by before I retired. :roflblack:

SpyderSteve
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Sandy and I had a geat time meeting everyone in Hell... hmm..that didn't come out quite right... but I think you know what I meant! We're looking forward to the next time we can get together. Connecting to other SpyderRyders was a real treat: great people, great stories and experiences, and great passion for the product!

Bill :2thumbs: :clap:

RLS
08-03-2010, 01:07 PM

Bill :2thumbs:

Joan and I wanted to chime with a BIG:2thumbs: Can't wait to get together again with everyone that can make it on the 21st of August in Cement City. We are going to try and get to the dealer on the 18th when BRP is going to be at the dealership for demo rides.