PDA

View Full Version : Floor Boards

stillriding
07-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Has anyone installed ISCI's $550.00 floor boards on an RT SE5? I need to move my feet a bit forward because of a circulatory problem and these might help.

fredace
07-30-2010, 10:16 AM
I have, but haven't ridden with them yet. I'll be picking my Spyder up at the dealer a little later today. I"ll let you know how they feel.

Questions
07-30-2010, 11:55 AM
My wife and I have been riding with ISCI floorboards on our '09 SE5 for about 7 months. Our knees ached with the original riding position (age and racing related problems). Although not inexpensive, the ISCI products are extremely well made. I also added the handbrake kit. There is no way I would do without them. In fact the riding position with Corbin backrest and BRP 25" Ultra touring windshield/robo bracket is more relaxed and comfortable than riding an RT, without the extra weight. Just finished a 3 day 1500 mile ride around Hell's Canyon, Eastern Oregon and Idaho. Could not have done it without the floorboards. Make sure you also get the parking brake extension.

stillriding
07-31-2010, 05:24 AM
My wife and I have been riding with ISCI floorboards on our '09 SE5 for about 7 months. Our knees ached with the original riding position (age and racing related problems). Although not inexpensive, the ISCI products are extremely well made. I also added the handbrake kit. There is no way I would do without them. In fact the riding position with Corbin backrest and BRP 25" Ultra touring windshield/robo bracket is more relaxed and comfortable than riding an RT, without the extra weight. Just finished a 3 day 1500 mile ride around Hell's Canyon, Eastern Oregon and Idaho. Could not have done it without the floorboards. Make sure you also get the parking brake extension.

Thanks to you (and Fredace) for your response. Question: what is the parking brake extension?

fredace
07-31-2010, 08:43 AM
You don't need a parking brake extension if you have an RT-S.

Having finally ridden with the floorboards, I can assure you that it does permit more forward movement of your feet. As a matter of fact, you can even sit comfortably with your leg, above the ankle, touching the brake.

The boards have two possible installation positions, one is at the same place as the original pegs, and the other is about two inches lower than that. I'm using the lower position, since I have a Corbin Lamonster version seat, which is cut deeper (lower) than stock.

For me, these boards are doing just what I wanted them to do.

stillriding
07-31-2010, 03:44 PM
You don't need a parking brake extension if you have an RT-S.

Having finally ridden with the floorboards, I can assure you that it does permit more forward movement of your feet. As a matter of fact, you can even sit comfortably with your leg, above the ankle, touching the brake.

The boards have two possible installation positions, one is at the same place as the original pegs, and the other is about two inches lower than that. I'm using the lower position, since I have a Corbin Lamonster version seat, which is cut deeper (lower) than stock.

For me, these boards are doing just what I wanted them to do.

Thanks!

tnhoover
07-31-2010, 10:32 PM
I added the highway brackets and wing-mini boards from kewlmetal for the same reason. My knees would ache after about an hour in the original position. I need to add the hand brake. My legs stiffen up and I have a hard time getting my foot back to the brake position quickly. Because of that I usually end up riding with my left foot on the newly installed pegs and my right foot on the original near the brake.

ISCI Billy
08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Let me know if I can be of help in any way.

rogerb
08-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I had the hand brake installed on my RT and I have to credit it to preventing three accidents. Old motorcycle drivers like me are in the habit of grabbing the handbrake in a power stop. Your hands are quicker than your feet. The quality is definitely tops. A lot of money but worth it.