PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder Owner!!!

hartsock1986
07-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Greetings everyone! I just purchased my new Spyder RS, and I love it.

Now that I have the bike, I have got to make it my own. First I want to start off with a muffler.

All my other bikes have had the LOUDEST and most performance enhancing pipe I could find. I would like to stick with this concept if at all possible, however, would like your opinion as to which muffler you enjoy the most.

I originally liked the hindle exhaust mostly for the way it looks with my silver spyder, however, found other pipes that people are using such as two brothers, micron, yoshimura, ect... that actually sound pretty wicked.

So enough with my babbling..... What muffler do you guys prefer on your spyder?

SpyderSteve
07-29-2010, 11:22 PM
:congrats: and welcome i have a micron it's not the loudest but i like it [and it hasn't got me pulled over:clap:]

Firefly
07-29-2010, 11:36 PM
:congrats: welcome

8LEGS
07-29-2010, 11:49 PM
:congrats:

1VENOM
07-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Yes, :congrats: and welcome :spyder2: owner.
Stock for me, I enjoy the ride, not the noise.

Pincushion
07-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Welcome aboard
:congrats:
welcome
:yes:

Raptor
07-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Welcome to the family!! :congrats: As far as exhausts go, I hear the the Micron rocks! The 2 Brothers dual setup is also a great option. For me,the Hindle is enough! :2thumbs: Good luck with the shopping!

RubyRed
07-30-2010, 01:11 AM
:congrats: & welcome

I wouldnt know about exhausts as I dont have a :spyder2: yet.

BumbleBee
07-30-2010, 04:25 AM
:congrats: and welcome Enjoy your new ryde and ryde safe.

fastfraser
07-30-2010, 04:46 AM
:congrats:welcome:spyder2: On. Hindle for me.

PCBeachBum
07-30-2010, 04:47 AM
:congrats: and welcome I went with the 2 brothers single can.

I went for the loud sound for safety reasons, after having a few close calls with the stock muffler. I haven't had that problem since with Minivans. :roflblack: :D

Its in the shop being repaired and hopefully, I'll get it back soon.:pray:

Capt John
07-30-2010, 05:05 AM
:congrats::yes::yes:welcome I have the Hindle and that is enough for me. I like the sound of 2 Brothers dual it rocks! The only problem I see with it is if you decide to put the BRP or Corbin saddlebags. They may not work with the dual. I haven't heard what a 2 Bro's single sounds like.

stormtrooper
07-30-2010, 05:45 AM
:congrats: welcome :yes: Two brothers dual pipe :thumbup:.

WackyDan
07-30-2010, 06:24 AM
The two brothers dual is the loudest setup I've had the pleasure and agony of riding behind.

MSGTDOC
07-30-2010, 06:32 AM
:congrats:welcome Hindle works for me

boborgera
07-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Greetings everyone! I just purchased my new Spyder RS, and I love it.

Now that I have the bike, I have got to make it my own. First I want to start off with a muffler.

All my other bikes have had the LOUDEST and most performance enhancing pipe I could find. I would like to stick with this concept if at all possible, however, would like your opinion as to which muffler you enjoy the most.

I originally liked the hindle exhaust mostly for the way it looks with my silver spyder, however, found other pipes that people are using such as two brothers, micron, yoshimura, ect... that actually sound pretty wicked.

So enough with my babbling..... What muffler do you guys prefer on your spyder?

:(
Stock muffler, I stopped angering my neighbors and non Bikers years ago.

Wheeler~
07-30-2010, 07:06 AM
:congrats: and welcome

Magic Man
07-30-2010, 07:15 AM
welcome

coolpilot
07-30-2010, 07:26 AM
welcomeCongratulations :yes: and welcomewelcome

:congrats::yes::yes::congrats:

Im still with stock , I love it. dont want to disturb the neighborhood.

Fire Joe
07-30-2010, 07:44 AM
welcome and :congrats:!!

I have a TBR on mine and I love the sound. Haven't heard a Hindle so I can't comment on the sound it makes but if you like it loud I think the TBR is plenty loud enough, specially if you don't use a tip.

retired1
07-30-2010, 08:06 AM
:congrats: and welcome !

MoonChaser213
07-30-2010, 08:13 AM
welcome I would like to replace my muffler too. Lamonster has a video where you can hear his new muffler somewhere on this site. It sounds so good. Can anyone help me find this video?

Roger
07-30-2010, 08:17 AM
:congrats: and welcome i have been switching from stock to hindle but it does not matter to much because i usually wear earplugs as everybody should because the wind can damage your ears over time. just ask a dr that does exams for truckers.

ntxYguy2009
07-30-2010, 08:23 AM
welcome and :congrats: on your new :spyder2:. Hindle for me. :agree: using earplugs.

David

FANG
07-30-2010, 08:33 AM
:congrats: welcome I have the stock muffler but like the sound of the Hindle. When the stock goes will probably replace with one of those.

mxz600
07-30-2010, 08:46 AM
:congrats: and welcome.
I like the Hindle for the sound, looks and it has Can-am & Spyder badging so it appears to be stock. The Two Bros. dual is also a good looking pipe with a louder low rumble than the Hindle. For pure eardrum shattering loudness there is also a pipe out there that I heard at the Chicago Owners Event. I believe it is by Kwelmetal? From what I understand it is the same one Doc had before he turbocharged his Silver Dream.

the nicko
07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
:congrats:welcome the hindle exhaust

SpyderGirl
07-30-2010, 10:44 AM

I have the hindle and I really like it. But I am considering going with a single Two Brothers pipe with a dB reducing tip and giving the hindle to my husband to put on his.

SpyderWolf
07-30-2010, 11:18 AM

Exhausts for the Spyder are just like most other mods, there are different strokes for different folks. We also went with the Hindle on our Spyders mainly because of the stock look. If you have a stock looking pipe around here, it gives the police officers less reason to want to write you a ticket. Plus it sounds really good at the same time. :thumbup:

Mistycrest
07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
:congrats: You are going to enjoy the bike.

Question for everyone - what is it with wanting a loud bike? :ohyea:Is this a guy thing? (just joking)

Carolyn

mxz600
07-30-2010, 01:30 PM

Question for everyone - what is it with wanting a loud bike? :ohyea:Is this a guy thing? (just joking)

Carolyn

Most men suffer from SPS and over compensate for it. Cars/bikes that make massive amounts of noise, huge trucks, large stereo speakers, big screen TV's. You get the picture (no pun intended).:D

ARtraveler
07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
:congrats: on your new :spyder2:. Most owners seem to go with the Hindle.

kman
07-30-2010, 01:48 PM
welcome Hindle:congrats::yes::yes:

3tracs
07-30-2010, 03:02 PM
I have an HMF on my Spyder. Sounds great, looks great, and it won't break the bank!
http://hmfracing.com/shop/pipes/can-am/spyder-rs-08-10

tatt2r
07-30-2010, 03:43 PM
welcome

Sarge707
07-30-2010, 04:24 PM
:congrats::ohyea:I prefer the Stock. Music not noise for me!:roflblack:

buckey48
07-30-2010, 05:29 PM

Carolyn

My neighbor has a Harley so loud you can't talk to him when running.

Claims it is so car drivers know he is there, puts his between cars and his wife on a Yamaha.

Mistycrest
07-30-2010, 07:33 PM
My neighbor has a Harley so loud you can't talk to him when running.

Claims it is so car drivers know he is there, puts his between cars and his wife on a Yamaha.

:clap:Thanks - I needed the laugh.

PCBeachBum
07-31-2010, 05:40 AM
:congrats::yes::yes:welcome I have the Hindle and that is enough for me. I like the sound of 2 Brothers dual it rocks! The only problem I see with it is if you decide to put the BRP or Corbin saddlebags. They may not work with the dual. I haven't heard what a 2 Bro's single sounds like.

Randy, I'll give you a demo one day on the 2 Bro's single can. Its loud enough for me, with the tip in and can only imagine what its like without it. :yikes:

dltang
07-31-2010, 09:05 AM
welcome and enjoy

hartsock1986
07-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Thank you all for your posts. I was pleased to see when I logged on a few days later, 40 posts or more!!!!! From the sounds of it, I may be going with a hindle exhaust. I know I do like LOUD bikes, however, the wife voiced her opinion on how she absolutely loves it when her ears are ringing and she has a headache on a long bike trip.

So, to please the wifey, I think I will go with the hindle. It seems to flow and blend with the bike, does look stock, and has a good sound to it.

I suppose if I want to make noise, I'll jump on my Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle, with Tab mufflers and go raise hell. This bike sets of car alarms at idle. The police dont mess with me though, because I am a police officer myself. They just shake their head and wave to me, so I grab a hand full of throttle just for them.

Back to the Hindle exhaust, anyone have any ideas as to where I can get the best deal? Leaving on a trip to Iowa in 3 weeks, so I would like to have the pipe installed before my trip.

Thanks again for all your feedback guys. I love it!!!

hartsock1986
07-31-2010, 08:36 PM
...... now im not sure. Saw a couple sweet videos on youtube with the different exhausts with an air filter and juice box.... maybe I could buy the wifey an awsome set of earplugs??? HAHAHA.

I hope she doesnt read this.

As far as aftermarket exhaust cans though, sounds like I need to buy a 90 pipe to attatch the muffler. Can anyone elaborate?

Im sorry, Im a harley guy and am new to the spyder.

SpyderWolf
07-31-2010, 09:14 PM
...... now im not sure. Saw a couple sweet videos on youtube with the different exhausts with an air filter and juice box.... maybe I could buy the wifey an awsome set of earplugs??? HAHAHA.

I hope she doesnt read this.

As far as aftermarket exhaust cans though, sounds like I need to buy a 90 pipe to attatch the muffler. Can anyone elaborate?

Im sorry, Im a harley guy and am new to the spyder.

The Two Brothers, HMF, Micron, Hindle, and others that are made for the Spyder should just be a slip on. Best place to find deals is in the 4 sale section of this forum, and then on EBay. It may take you longer than 3 weeks to get a good deal on a Hindle though.

As for your wife and the ringing ears, why not try something like the Ear Fuze (http://www.earfuze.com/) headphones with an MP3 player? She likely won't be complaining about the trip at all, as she will be entertained at the same time as blocking a lot of the exhaust noise. :D

Big Bird
08-01-2010, 11:13 AM
My bike came with a micron. I hated the sound of the stock one that I test rode... I'm a happy camper...:congrats::yes:

spyder30517
08-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I have a Leo Vince on mine - has a really nice rumble at idle and a Ducatti-ish type sound when cruising but screams in the higher RPMs. And thats with the removable baffle out of it.
Comes complete with everything you need - found new on ebay for about $600?
I have had the pipe almost 2 years now and no problems or repacks

BTW - Welcome to SpyderLovers!:congrats:

buckey48
08-03-2010, 07:19 PM
This one sounds good on youtube, don't know how load it would get at full throttle. Looks good INHO>

http://de.truveo.com/video-detail/fmf-apex-exhaust-can-am-spyder/2836133507

buckey48
08-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Thank you all for your posts. I was pleased to see when I logged on a few days later, 40 posts or more!!!!! From the sounds of it, I may be going with a hindle exhaust. I know I do like LOUD bikes, however, the wife voiced her opinion on how she absolutely loves it when her ears are ringing and she has a headache on a long bike trip.

So, to please the wifey, I think I will go with the hindle. It seems to flow and blend with the bike, does look stock, and has a good sound to it.

I suppose if I want to make noise, I'll jump on my Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle, with Tab mufflers and go raise hell. This bike sets of car alarms at idle. The police dont mess with me though, because I am a police officer myself. They just shake their head and wave to me, so I grab a hand full of throttle just for them.

Back to the Hindle exhaust, anyone have any ideas as to where I can get the best deal? Leaving on a trip to Iowa in 3 weeks, so I would like to have the pipe installed before my trip.

Thanks again for all your feedback guys. I love it!!!

So you are one of THEM. Just NOISE IMHO.:roflblack: Harley that is.

tajohn
08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
:congrats:and welcome Hindle works for us !!!!!

M2Wild
08-04-2010, 10:25 AM

I am more than satisified with my Hindle but per Lamont's post from a while back, Hindle is amoung some of the milder pipes. I believe Tail Gunner is the loudest he tested and Two Brothers is a close second.