PDA

View Full Version : Product(s) review

DietitianBill
07-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Race air flow system, O2 Modifier, Fuel pressure regulator
I know a lot of people have already done these mods but I’d just like to report my take on them.
To give you a little history I’m 37 and have always owned sportbikes. I favorite ride is still my Honda RC51. The first twin I’ve ever owned and my absolute favorite bike I’ve ever owned. I have a 2010 RSS with a Leo Vince pipe only as far as performance mods. I did the three mods above at one time which isn’t always the smartest thing to do but in my opinion they really are a package deal. They were fairly easy to install even in 90+ heat and the bike runs great. Much better throttle response and much less popping on deceleration. I know a lot of people have complained about the noise which almost made me not get it. It definitely is nosier but only under acceleration. At cruising speed I don’t notice a difference and under acceleration I think it sounds great. I do wear a full face helmet so I’m sure it that helps but I was expecting much worse. I give the package 2 thumbs up!

bonehead
07-29-2010, 06:52 PM
the louder the better IMO:doorag:

SpyderWolf
07-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks for your review.

You stated the popping on deceleration is less, so I am guessing that means it is still running lean even with the O2 and fuel pressure mods. Is that the case, and are you going to need a Juice Box to fully correct it?

DietitianBill
07-30-2010, 08:25 AM
I have the fuel pressure set where they suggested (60psi). The popping is still there but it's at least 50% better and I could up the pressure some but I assume that's only going to cost me mpg so i'll live with the little bit of popping I have. I don't have a juice box or power commander and to be honest until they're out for a while and they're some maps available i'm not going to spend the money for one. I always had a power commander on my sportbikes and had great success with them so I would expect the same from them with the spyder. To answer your question unless I do other mods I will not buy a JB or PC for my bike with these mods alone.

SpyderWolf
07-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I have the fuel pressure set where they suggested (60psi). The popping is still there but it's at least 50% better and I could up the pressure some but I assume that's only going to cost me mpg so i'll live with the little bit of popping I have. I don't have a juice box or power commander and to be honest until they're out for a while and they're some maps available i'm not going to spend the money for one. I always had a power commander on my sportbikes and had great success with them so I would expect the same from them with the spyder. To answer your question unless I do other mods I will not buy a JB or PC for my bike with these mods alone.

Sounds good to me. I had the Juice Box Pro on order for over 2 months, and ended up cancelling the order before they ever started shipping them. I am seriously thinking about giving the O2 sensor mod a shot, and then working my way up from there if need be. I am not planning on removing my air box anytime soon, so I may be able to get away with just that piece. I just need to get off the stick and place the order.

Just Doo Me
07-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Sounds good to me. I had the Juice Box Pro on order for over 2 months, and ended up cancelling the order before they ever started shipping them. I am seriously thinking about giving the O2 sensor mod a shot, and then working my way up from there if need be. I am not planning on removing my air box anytime soon, so I may be able to get away with just that piece. I just need to get off the stick and place the order.I recently added the 02 modifier to my spyder and have not heard any popping on deceleration since.I used to hear a fair bit of popping before going from 5th to 4th especially ,currently run the Hindle,JB,and Evo. air filter.The bike runs much smoother with the only drawback a couple mpg decrease in mileage.:2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
07-31-2010, 06:40 AM
I am going to order the O2 modifier today. When it arrives I will install it, and then put my K&N air filter back in the air box, and see what kind of results I get from that set up. Hopefully it will be just the ticket I am currently looking for, and the good news is it doesn't seem like it could hurt anything to give it a shot. :thumbup:

Campverdefela
07-31-2010, 11:30 AM
I recently added the 02 modifier to my spyder and have not heard any popping on deceleration since.I used to hear a fair bit of popping before going from 5th to 4th especially ,currently run the Hindle,JB,and Evo. air filter.The bike runs much smoother with the only drawback a couple mpg decrease in mileage.:2thumbs:
:agree: