PDA

View Full Version : Ride-On Questions

Texmac1011
07-27-2010, 01:47 PM
I am going to change the rear tire and rotate the front.
Is it okay to salvage the Ride-On from the existing tires?

If so, is too much Ride-On in my new tires a concern?
I won't know exactly how much I have salvaged.

Thanks for all the great info! (especially the instruction on changing the rear tire)

bone crusher
07-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I am going to change the rear tire and rotate the front.
Is it okay to salvage the Ride-On from the existing tires?

If so, is too much Ride-On in my new tires a concern?
I won't know exactly how much I have salvaged.

Thanks for all the great info! (especially the instruction on changing the rear tire)

Do NOT use the Ride-on from other tires...call the company and ask why...George Burns is the guy to speak with...he'll go over the reasons why...

Lamonster
07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I know folks that do that. I would say you would be fine. You shouldn't loose enough to matter. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=1417

texasride
07-27-2010, 03:04 PM
ok i new here what is ride on and what does it do on a tilre :helpsmilie::dontknow:

canam9
07-27-2010, 03:26 PM
ok i new here what is ride on and what does it do on a tilre :helpsmilie::dontknow:
Firstwelcomethen do a search for ride on and have fun.:ani29:

pjp623
07-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Why would you bother?
nojoke
New tire = new ride on.

Trickie Dick
07-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I just rotated my fronts as well. I told the people at Discount Tire who did the dismounting and mounting to be careful and try to save the ride-on in the tires. they were able to do that. So when the tires swapped rims, the Ride-on stayed in the tire. For a new tire, get new ride-on. IMO

Trickie Dick
07-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Ride-On is on of our sponsors. Look on the home page.:2thumbs:welcome

boborgera
07-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Why would you bother?
nojoke
New tire = new ride on.

:agree:??

Texmac1011
07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Why would you bother?
nojoke
New tire = new ride on.

Not sure how to answer this, so I won't.

I agree ride-on for the new tire. Was wondering more about the fronts.

Thanks for all the answers.

bone crusher
07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
George has a good explanation for using new product, and it isn't as simple as just paying them more money. The product has a lifespan and when exposed to air, it breaks down faster (or something like that)...also, when it mixes with the particulate matter (??) inside the tire, it changes its consistency and function...meaning, it likely will not work as well...

I highly recommend calling and speaking with him. For the money (and Ride-on isn't too much), I'd get new stuff for each new tire...if you're using it for safety, cutting corners this way may not make much sense...

texasride
07-31-2010, 04:51 PM
i posted a question on what is ride on and i want to thank all the experts for the ************* help if this is what the spyder forms is all about then stick where the sun dont shine.

and i am going to kiss this form good by.:sour:

SpyderFun
07-31-2010, 05:10 PM
i posted a question on what is ride on and i want to thank all the experts for the ************* help if this is what the spyder forms is all about then stick where the sun dont shine.

Firstwelcomethen do a search for ride on and have fun.:ani29:

Ride-On is on of our sponsors. Look on the home page.:2thumbs:welcome

Your question was immediately answered, at least twice, but evidently you need someone to hold your hand and spoon feed you the info versus doing a simple search (as was stated in the answer to your question) yourself. This forum is probably too mature for you and your lack of respect anyway. Good Luck in finding a better forum (not likely!).

Blue Star
07-31-2010, 07:23 PM

Also it is :cus:, not *************.