PDA

View Full Version : how do you think your riding style influnces ppl in your area

SethO
07-27-2010, 01:27 AM
I think about this from time to time when I am passing random old people weaving at 35 mph in a 55 or teenage girls on cell phones with the left blinker on turning right.

I mean there are very few spyders on the road, 3 in dirt town the other two are older guys that don't ride outside of town much who I have not got a chance to talk to. The point of this do you think normal people think they are fast because of the way I drive and they think they are slow if someone else in a different area is driving under the posted?

Just how much influnce do we have with all the tv, internet and such around? I have people ask me how it handles and how fast is goes are the most asked locally.

Thoughts?

Also this is not a dig on people that drive the speed limit or don't "ride your own bike" is something I tell to everyone I group ride with.

Smylinacha
07-27-2010, 09:00 AM
I don't stick around locally where I live to find out what people think or want to know about the :spyder:or me. Traffic here is a nightmare and it keeps getting worse. Congestion, the people who really should get retested to drive, teen drivers, cell phone talkers AND TEXTERS.

When we go out to ride, we get the heck out of Dodge. Up north every ride. Less congested up there and no stop signs or stop lights like we have in suburbia.

I used to get alot of questions asked about the Spyder in the beginning but it's pretty much mainstream here now. I also try to get away from the Spyder once I park it because I wanted to b.s. with my group and not talk to strangers about the mechanics of it and I don't really know the mechanics of it - HDX and Roaddog do. I just turn it on and ryde it.

M2Wild
07-27-2010, 09:26 AM
One of my bike buddy asked me why that I always ripping off the line when the light turns green until I let him take my Spyder for a test ride. Then he understand why that I like to give that extra throttle and make the Hindle bark everytime I get going.:2thumbs: