PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Riders

mguin
07-26-2010, 04:06 PM
A friend of mine was travelling between Phoenix and Strawberry on Saturday 7/24 on Hwy 87 and said he saw a group of about 10+ Spyders out for a ride. If anyone was on that ride please share some contact information. I'd like to meet some fellow Spyder riders.

Mark Guin
Chandler, AZ

LadyBug08
08-02-2010, 01:26 PM
If you find that group of Spyders, please let me know as we would love to ride with other Spyders too. What about an AZ Spyder Club?:f_spider:

KNIGHTRIDER
08-02-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm in if you can get one started!

LadyBug08
08-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Someone in Scottsdale is starting a Spyder club. Its posted on www.meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com) its CASE-Can-Am:clap:

AZ Desert Spyder
08-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Everyone. My wife and I are looking forward to getting some rides in when the weather cools down a bit. Thanks LadyBug08 for the info regarding CASE-Can-Am at Meetup.com. I've registered there and hope to meet some fellow AZ Spyder riders soon. With more than 15,000 miles on my Spyder, I have yet to pass another Spyder on the road....at least in this area. We went to the owners event in Hollywood last year where there were more than 200 Spyders. But I rarely see one in this area and only when I happened to be in my car. Hopefully, when it's gets a bit cooler, there will be a lot more Spyder ryders out there enjoying themselves! We look forward to meeting you all soon.
Rick and Val Weaver
Northwest Phoenix

TJKBear
08-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Hey AZ Desert Spyder,
Where in NorthWest Phoenix are ya? We're in Glendale. We should hook up some time.
Terry

dryheat
08-30-2010, 11:00 AM
I was up there through Payson and Strawberry on sat, but travelling alone (from Tucson). I was on the way to meet Spydergirl and about 10 other owners in Flag. for a Sunday ride to Prescott. Check the AZ board frequently and just post a ride and people will show up. Doesn't hurt to put a note on the General discussion forum also, since a lot of people don't think about checking the local board.

AZ Desert Spyder
08-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey AZ Desert Spyder,
Where in NorthWest Phoenix are ya? We're in Glendale. We should hook up some time.
Terry

Hi Terry. We're just north of Happy Valley Road and near 55th Ave in the Stetson Valley community. I have put my location on the BRP Spyder map. Looking forward to meeting up with you when we get some decent riding weather!
Rick

TJKBear
08-31-2010, 11:01 AM
You're not too far from me or George (NautiBrit).
I'm at 51st Ave and Northern and George is up around HV and 99th area.
We'll definately need to ride some time soon.
Post up if riding and I'll do the same.
Meet ya soon :clap:
Terry

NautiBrit
08-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi guys,
I'm bringing the Spyder back from Salt Lake this Friday and will be home for until Tuesday when I hop the plane back to SLC. If anybody is ryding this weekend, let us know and we'll be more than happy to join you.

Khaki
03-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Are there any Spyder owners in the west valley? My brother rides one and I'm thinking of getting one, too and would like people to ride with. thanks.

AZ Desert Spyder
04-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Folks,
On Saturday, April 30th, my wife and I are planning a ride with a couple of friends (who unfortunately don't have Spyders) but it would be great if some other Spyder riders could join us. We plan to meet at the QT gas station at 75th Ave and Deer Valley Road at 8:30am. We'll take 89 up through Wickenburg to Yarnell where we'll stop for brunch. Then we'll continue up through Prescott to Watson Lake. For the return trip, we'll take route 10 through Iron Springs, and then come down through Skull Valley. We'll then pick up route 15 which will take us back to 89 and back down through Yarnell. I hope some of you can join us. And if you have friends who would like to ride with us, that would be great too. It's going to get a bit warm soon, so let's get some riding in while the weather is great.:clap: Please send me an email if you can make it so I'll get your message sooner.
Rick:ohyea:
theweaveaz@aol.com

docdoru
06-01-2011, 07:49 AM
We live in Prescott Valley. Just bought a Spyder last week. Owned an Indian and a Victory in the past. Would like to get to know other riders and have some fun. We are going on a fundraising ride to help out a fallen rider and his family. We meet at Smokeys next to the Dewey Harley dealers this Saturday at 9am. It's $20 for rider and $5 for passenger. There will be many people going. Not sure of the itinery yet but prizes and so forth will be given away. Come join us.
Sandra and Luiz Miranda

:welcome:

lower48
06-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Hello fellow Chandler rider. I also live in Chandler (Dobson and Warner). If you find the "group" or if I do, I will let them know that there is two of us, please do the same.

Lower48

Dtryke
08-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Sounds like there are Spyders in Phoenix..... How bout Tucson?

AMTJIM
08-07-2011, 10:56 PM
We pop up the the darndest places.

AZ Desert Spyder
09-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Now that the weather is finally starting to cool a bit, maybe some of us can get together for a ride now and then. The local CASE club is planning a ride Saturday, Sep 17th going up South Mountain and then over to RideNow Peoria for some free food and a 30 minute free preventive maintenance training session. This would be a great chance for some of us to finally meet. Here's a link with more information for anyone who may be interested.
http://www.meetup.com/CASE-of-America/events/30850411/

M109Dreamer
09-09-2011, 10:02 PM
That sounds like a great idea. The wife is still recovering from surgery, Dr said no riding yet, but would like to get in on the training they have.

AZ Desert Spyder
09-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Look forward to meeting you. Sorry your wife can't make it. My wife will be riding with me. Since you're in Gilbert, I assume you'll meet the group at the Baseline meet-up? We try to keep track of how many will be at each meet-up location so we don't leave anyone behind. It's best to actually sign up on their web-site, but I can add you as a guest if you prefer.

NautiBrit
09-10-2011, 11:49 PM
We hope to be in town that weekend and will join you if we can.

AZ Desert Spyder
09-11-2011, 10:35 AM
We hope to be in town that weekend and will join you if we can.

Great! Once you're sure you can make it, it would be great if you would sign in on the CASE web-site and RSVP for the ride so they know how many to expect. They like to know how many folks to expect so they don't leave anyone behind in case someone is running late!:thumbup:

Hope to see you there!
:clap:Rick and Val:clap:

mguin
09-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Now that the weather is finally starting to cool a bit, maybe some of us can get together for a ride now and then. The local CASE club is planning a ride Saturday, Sep 17th going up South Mountain and then over to RideNow Peoria for some free food and a 30 minute free preventive maintenance training session. This would be a great chance for some of us to finally meet. Here's a link with more information for anyone who may be interested.
http://www.meetup.com/CASE-of-America/events/30850411/

Great to see some activity with AZ Spyder riders getting together. Unfortunately, I won't make this ride. I busted my femur in 3 places June 30th. Rehab on schedule but still about 4-6 weeks away from riding. Hopefully, this Case Club will schedule another ride this fall. I'd like to meet some other Spyder riders.

Bluezr0kr :doorag:

AZ Desert Spyder
09-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Great to see some activity with AZ Spyder riders getting together. Unfortunately, I won't make this ride. I busted my femur in 3 places June 30th. Rehab on schedule but still about 4-6 weeks away from riding. Hopefully, this Case Club will schedule another ride this fall. I'd like to meet some other Spyder riders.

Bluezr0kr :doorag:

Thanks for the response. Sorry to hear about your femur and hope it all heals well soon. The CASE club already has some other rides scheduled and with the cooler weather coming, there will be lots of rides scheduled.....probably every weekend once it's cooled off a bit. You should check out their web-site if you haven't already. Click on "Upcoming Rides". And, by the way, although I think they started out as a Spyder group, they get riders on every type of bike out there. In fact, the number of Spyders has been low and that's one reason I'm trying to get more Spyder Ryders involved. They're a great group and always welcome new faces!

Hope to meet you on a future ride!
Rick

M109Dreamer
09-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Sorry wasn't able to make it. Had to work all weekend. I am hoping that the wife and I can get out for a ride soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AZ Desert Spyder
09-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Sorry wasn't able to make it. Had to work all weekend. I am hoping that the wife and I can get out for a ride soon.

It sounds like you may have the date of the ride confused. It's NEXT Saturday, Sept 17th. Hope you can make it!

M109Dreamer
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
It sounds like you may have the date of the ride confused. It's NEXT Saturday, Sept 17th. Hope you can make it!

Yep, was looking at the wrong date. I should know in the next couple of days if I can make it. Wife is still recovering and wont know until I find out about her health if she will be up for it.

Thanks for the reminder.

spyderdreamer
09-16-2011, 10:40 AM
All signed up M109Dreamer we will be there :2thumbs:

M109Dreamer
09-16-2011, 10:55 AM
All signed up M109Dreamer we will be there :2thumbs:

:thumbup:

spyderdreamer
09-16-2011, 02:45 PM
:thumbup:

:clap: anything to make you happy

M109Dreamer
09-16-2011, 04:02 PM
:clap: anything to make you happy

Oh yeah? I'm on my way home. Lol

srarndt
09-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Sounds like there are Spyders in Phoenix..... How bout Tucson?

I'm not in Tucson but don't mind riding up there to hook up with a group. I'm Steve and I live 90 miles southeast of Tucson in Bisbee.

Message me here or email me at srarndt@aol.com

AMTJIM
09-19-2011, 09:06 PM
I have been riding with tucsonsb.com frequently lately, I have been to Bizbee with them several times. Gotta love Banshee Pizza.

shep2
09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm in if you can get one started!

Ride with PRIDE, Brother

srarndt
10-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Ride with PRIDE, Brother

Hey all,

been jonesing for that perfect late season, great ride, excellent cause group riding event?

Here 'tis!

Weekend after this let's meet at the event or in Bisbee for Breakfast! Grab every Spyder rider you know, it'd be marvelous to get a bunch of us to attend!!!

Please contact me ASAP to RSVP.

Steve in Bisbee,

srarndt
10-27-2011, 01:33 AM
A friend of mine was travelling between Phoenix and Strawberry on Saturday 7/24 on Hwy 87 and said he saw a group of about 10+ Spyders out for a ride. If anyone was on that ride please share some contact information. I'd like to meet some fellow Spyder riders.

Mark Guin
Chandler, AZ

Need to know more spyder ryders? Come to this event! We're trying to get a whole passle of us to southeast az for this event...and it's a great cause! Please RSVP ASAP to me!

See you at the event or before it for breakfast in Bisbee!

Steve in Bisbee
520-432-6948
srarndt@aol.com

master1309
05-04-2013, 01:11 AM
I'm a spyder ryder too. Looking to start or join a group of spyder riders in the phoenix area. Own a 2011 RSS. :yes: