PDA

View Full Version : The dumbest comment / question I've heard...

GoodHouse
07-25-2010, 04:26 PM
"It only has one key.. wow cool"

I mean WTF, what motor vehicle or recreation vehicle has two keys. This one was so dumb I could not even respond.

boborgera
07-25-2010, 05:01 PM

I mean WTF, what motor vehicle or recreation vehicle has two keys. This one was so dumb I could not even respond.

:dontknow:
Being the Devils Advocate, Maybe they meant the key opens the trunk and raises the seat with out removing it from the ignition switch ?
On most bikes you have to take the key out of the ignition and unlock the gas cap.

Paula(Butch2025)
07-25-2010, 05:39 PM
This might top that one: "Do the front wheels turn?" I do believe all of them turn (on their axis), or we wouldn't get anywhere, right!?!?!?

rider2554
07-25-2010, 06:13 PM

Try this one. "Is that any fun to ryde?" Like you, what could I say but shake my head and wonder how he's made it this far in life.

Bullet24
07-25-2010, 06:26 PM
LMAO:roflblack:

ladyryder
07-25-2010, 06:30 PM
;)Went to the store and the people next to me seen my corbin seat and asked me if I was from kentucky...No I'm from mich

wyliec
07-25-2010, 07:39 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18479&highlight=dumbest

and here....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10012&highlight=dumbest

taggtr
07-25-2010, 07:44 PM
"Here's your sign!"

Questions
06-02-2011, 01:14 PM
the dumbest question i was asked about it is....wait for it :popcorn:....wait for it :popcorn:... WHAT IS THAT THING?.:dontknow: come on people it is only the greatest thing since slice bread. then i got on it and ride off while watching them looking like did he just say and do that and not even answer my question? i am kidding i tell them everything i know about it. :roflblack:

Pennyrick
06-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Got this one this morning at Starbucks.

"Will that thing run in the water too?"

Some Guy
06-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Just the other day someone asked:

"So, is that thing rear wheel drive?"

I told him no, it's 4-wheel drive. You should have seen the look on his face! :shocked:

bullant12
06-02-2011, 01:31 PM
The other day while I stopped to get some ice "Does it ride well?"

My answer should have been "No, it rides like :cus:... I just like to torture myself":D

granpa in Cincy
06-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Fella pulled up next to me at a light and looked at the right wheel and asked

"Does it have one on the other side?" :yikes:
He pulled forward so he could see it and said "Oh!" nojoke

SpyderAnn01
06-02-2011, 04:25 PM
I had a guy say to me last week "What's that a car?" Then he wanted to know if it was made in America. I told him Canada. He went into the store and came out and saw another guy looking at the Spyder. Suddenly he was an expert he tells the other guy "Hey that things made in Canada"

acinpcola
06-02-2011, 04:31 PM
:roflblack: stop stop your killing me here :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: The one that I got was while I was in traffic near down town Disney, A young woman hung her head out the window of her car and yelled "What is That!!, That is the Sh** Man!!" What can you say to a comment like that :dontknow:

Be Safe
AC:spyder2:

liketoride2
06-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I've only had my RT for 2 1/2 months and 5300 miles, but so far the dumbest question has been "Does that have an electric motor!!"

Mike

sledhead
06-02-2011, 05:16 PM
How's this one..... I was asked "Is that bike from the future?????" I'm rarely speechless but that one got me!:roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
06-02-2011, 05:27 PM
How's this one..... I was asked "Is that bike from the future?????" I'm rarely speechless but that one got me!:roflblack:

You should have told them Yes and it has a flux capacitor too.

Questions
06-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Someone asked me if it had air conditioning. I told him "yeah, all the air conditioning I want", while pointing to the wide open space around me.

woodchuck
06-02-2011, 08:50 PM

While we were on a ride one day, we stopped at this little diner. They have the best homemade pies. But any way when we were ready to go, this hay seeder came out and looked at the spyder. He had a john deere hat and bib overhales on.While looking at it, he made the comment(did you buy that at SEARS). I said no. Then he asked me, how much did you pay for it. Then he answered his on question.I bet you paid about $5000.00 for it. I said no. Just a couple dollars more. He was so surprised. Then he said(CAN I SIT ON IT).
I said no. That this is not a carnival ride.

darren
06-02-2011, 08:59 PM

I told him no, it's 4-wheel drive. You should have seen the look on his face! :shocked:
I all ways get gee that looks like one of those snow bikes but with out the ski's can you ride in in the snow:hun:

JJW SpyderRider
06-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I got the common "Does it have three wheels?" while he was standing right there where he could count the wheels. What is American education coming to?

Mexican
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Does that thing have 3 wheels???
Nope,,,
I was riding around and one of the rear wheels just fell off,,,,

,,,,here is your sign,,,:2thumbs:

Blue Star
06-02-2011, 09:25 PM
The one I get the most is "so how/do you like it?"

ezduzit
06-02-2011, 09:35 PM
OK!! Check out this one??? Who makes it???? UMM??? Not sure but the big CANAM sticker might answer that!!! :dontknow:

Questions
06-02-2011, 10:04 PM
start carrying around toilet paper and when they say that is the sh**, hold the paper up and say yeah that is why i have this. :2thumbs:

:roflblack: stop stop your killing me here :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: The one that I got was while I was in traffic near down town Disney, A young woman hung her head out the window of her car and yelled "What is That!!, That is the Sh** Man!!" What can you say to a comment like that :dontknow:
start carrying around toilet paper and when they say that is the sh**, hold the paper up and say yeah that is why i have this. :2thumbs:

Be Safe

kuroneko81
06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
oh wow…thats pretty bad :roflblack:

Monday (5-30-2011) my husband and I were on the RT in Pigeon Forge and stopped at the Sonic for some tea. A fellow came up and said that his son had a trike and said he had never seen one of those (pointing to the Spyder) and ask if it was harder to steer the rear wheel with the handle bars? :dontknow:

Atonic
06-02-2011, 11:22 PM
My wife's spyder has 3 keys. Will still have 2 when I get around to changing the givi locks. Would be cool to have only one.

What the hell are overhales?

I think the Can-Am stickers are clear indication that it is made by.....BRP.

AMTJIM
06-02-2011, 11:42 PM
HELLOOOoo, think McFly, think! If this were from the future...

Yeah, got any toilet paper I am in dire need to hit the rest stop.

A young woman hung her head out the window of her car and yelled "What is That!!, That is the Sh** Man!!" What can you say to a comment like that :dontknow:

Be Safe

AMTJIM
06-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Seems like dejavu.
What sticks in my head from the '08 I had was when some red neck(lots of those around here) in an old pick-up was yelling and nearly hit me "get off the interstate, thems not allowed on public roads".

woodchuck
06-03-2011, 06:58 PM
My wife's spyder has 3 keys. Will still have 2 when I get around to changing the givi locks. Would be cool to have only one.

What the hell are overhales?

I think the Can-Am stickers are clear indication that it is made by.....BRP.

Talk about a dumb question. You are as thick as that hayseeder who asked me. did I buy it at SEARS.:hun:If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand anyway.:roflblack:

SpyderDen
06-03-2011, 10:04 PM
At a stop light in Cocoa Beach tonite. "Hey does that have a front tire on the other side too?"
:hun::dontknow:

granpa in Cincy
06-04-2011, 06:34 AM
At a stop light in Cocoa Beach tonite. "Hey does that have a front tire on the other side too?"
:hun::dontknow:

You too huh. See post #13 :agree:

VIspyderman
06-05-2011, 10:18 PM
When folks ak me "How do you like riding that thing?" I always respond with...
" I hate it, all 74,000 km's that I've ridden in less than 4 years has been miserable." Then I turn around and walk away shaking my head.
\:clap:

Spyder Couple
06-06-2011, 12:06 AM
If I am driving the spyder and my husband is the passenger he always gets asked as they are pointing to me " you let her drive it "?

bullant12
06-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Talk about a dumb question. You are as thick as that hayseeder who asked me. did I buy it at SEARS.:hun:If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand anyway.:roflblack:

On this overall wearing guy I would quote the Geico Insurance guy (not the geko, the one with the questions): "Have you been living under a rock?!?!" SEARS?!?! REALLY!?!? nojoke:roflblack:

AMTJIM
06-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Yeah, everyone knows it's Harbor Freight, duhhh.

Bob Denman
06-06-2011, 08:32 AM
I still love it when thye walk by and look at the speedomater and say, "200? Wow..." :roflblack::roflblack:

I've only had one person ask if that was mph, kph or both. I complimented him on his astute powers of observation! :thumbup:

Questions
06-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Man, alot of you seem to have "pricky" responses to someone asking questions. If you hate answering questions and hate getting attention why in the world did you even get a spyder?

I know some questions are dumb, but the spyder is so different than most bikes on the road. I can only imagine if I had never ridden a motorcycle before and I saw a spyder pass me what I would think.

Personally I like the attention, I dont mind answering any and all questions including stupid ones.

No reason to give a smart ass response. I truly hope you all dont respond by being a smart ass or "walking away without saying anything just shacking my head". I def dont want to be associated as someone who does that, hopefully you guys arent giving all spyders bad names.

wyliec
06-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Man, alot of you seem to have "pricky" responses to someone asking questions. If you hate answering questions and hate getting attention why in the world did you even get a spyder?

I know some questions are dumb, but the spyder is so different than most bikes on the road. I can only imagine if I had never ridden a motorcycle before and I saw a spyder pass me what I would think.

Personally I like the attention, I dont mind answering any and all questions including stupid ones.

No reason to give a smart ass response. I truly hope you all dont respond by being a smart ass or "walking away without saying anything just shacking my head". I def dont want to be associated as someone who does that, hopefully you guys arent giving all spyders bad names.

:2thumbs: Couldn't agree with you more.

I didn't even mind talking to the person that swore that when he was at his Can Am dealer that they showed him a spyder with 3 wheels up front and 1 in the rear.

boborgera
06-06-2011, 08:51 AM
When someone asks me a [what i think is] dumb question, I just counter balance it with a Stupid answer. Which is very easy for me.
That tends to leave them even more confused:yikes:

Let me add, i only do this when I feel the guy asking is being a wise guy.

bullant12
06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I still love it when thye walk by and look at the speedomater and say, "200? Wow..." :roflblack::roflblack:

I've only had one person ask if that was mph, kph or both. I complimented him on his astute powers of observation! :thumbup:

Sometimes I will get asked if it does go that fast and I go "Not sure... usually the cop pulls me over at 120":roflblack:

:agree:Sometimes I have to bite my tongue...:banghead:

When someone asks me a [what i think is] dumb question, I just counter balance it with a Stupid answer. Which is very easy for me.
That tends to leave them even more confused:yikes:

Let me add, i only do this when I feel the guy asking is being a wise guy.

:agree:100%... This is where I don't bite my tongue!!:clap:

Bob Denman
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM

Thanks Lucky! :thumbup: Like you; I enjoy speaking with folks about the Spyders and don't mind the attention at all... :D
I think that the questions that seem thoughtless are actually just an awkward attempt to initiate conversation. I know that there aren't but about 6 people on thw planet who are capable of asking a question any dumber than some of my beauties over the years...:opps:

Questions
06-06-2011, 11:39 AM
i was talking to someone about the :spyder2: and told the guy it had a truck to keep stuff in. someone else came up and was looking at the rear tire area and said i dont see a truck. is it hidden? then he asked how many people can ride on that? i said well so far, me, a girl, and depends how small they are i might be able to fit 2 babies in the truck compartment. :roflblack:

Dub-D
06-06-2011, 11:40 AM
So I'm sitting with some friends, all of them ride sport bikes, and an older lady walks by with her dog. She stops and comments on how cool the Spyder looks. Then finishes it with, and it even comes with training wheels! I hung my head low knowing the barrage of laughter and jokes that was to follow. She tried to clean it up but I told her it was too late and told her to have a nice day. I still haven't heard the end of that one.

PCBeachBum
06-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Came out of Walmart one night and opened the trunk to take out my helmet and gloves and place items I had in. A guy walks by and says Engine Problems? Said back to him, you better believe it? Its been Stolen! :yikes: :D

woodchuck
06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
On this overall wearing guy I would quote the Geico Insurance guy (not the geko, the one with the questions): "Have you been living under a rock?!?!" SEARS?!?! REALLY!?!? nojoke:roflblack:

EXCUSE ME IF I MADE A MISTAKE. :yikes:IT MUST BE VERY NICE NOT TO MAKE ANY MISTAKES. :spyder:NOT EVERYBODY IS AS SMART AS YOU ARE:dontknow:.OR AS THEY THINK.:gaah::helpsmilie:
I THINK THE ROCK FELL ON YOUR HEAD.:agree:

SpyderWolf
06-07-2011, 09:08 PM
So I'm sitting with some friends, all of them ride sport bikes, and an older lady walks by with her dog. She stops and comments on how cool the Spyder looks. Then finishes it with, and it even comes with training wheels! I hung my head low knowing the barrage of laughter and jokes that was to follow. She tried to clean it up but I told her it was too late and told her to have a nice day. I still haven't heard the end of that one.

:roflblack: I highly doubt you will ever hear the end of that one.

Came out of Walmart one night and opened the trunk to take out my helmet and gloves and place items I had in. A guy walks by and says Engine Problems? Said back to him, you better believe it? Its been Stolen! :yikes: :D

:roflblack: That was a fun reply Brian, and a question I had never thought about anybody asking as well.

cyclelover63
06-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I was getting a haircut yesterday,and the girl said she seen me ride up,and she asked me "Is that a motorcycle or one of them new thingys?"...lol..I said "darlin,it is both!"...I love telling people how much I love it,when they ask "how do you like it?:2thumbs:

AMTJIM
06-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm just kind of "pricky":agree::2thumbs:

chillicpl
07-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Finally i get to chime in on this one!!!

We were in Point Roberts WA this past weekend and a woman outside the grocery store asked me if the wheels stay like that when i drive.

cheers all and ride safe
Bruce

Pennyrick
07-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm getting more and more used to the comments and maybe even more patient with the ones who just want to spend time looking it over and feel they have to say something, even if they sound dumb to us.

I was lost in Lawrenceville last week and asked directions from a lady who told me the shortest route to get where I was going was to take the interstate entrance just a block up the street. "But, I guess you can't take those things on the interstate", she said.

Another man at the post office asked me, 'did it originally come with four wheels?'.

Firefly
07-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Had a guy walking down the street in Boston come up and check spyder out. He said "that has a rubber chain". Lol

Smokinspyder
07-05-2011, 08:36 PM
lord im glad i havent been asked questions like that yet LOL ... but the dumbeset question i have been asked outside of the spyder world was if we next day air a package when will it arrive ?:dontknow:

richie
07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
State Trooper ask me "How fast can that thing go?" I said It'll do 55:ohyea:

Phil
07-05-2011, 11:23 PM
State Trooper ask me "How fast can that thing go?" I said It'll do 55:ohyea:

Oh you're good!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

AMTJIM
07-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Had a guy walking down the street in Boston come up and check spyder out. He said "that has a rubber chain". Lol

Ribbed for....nevermind.

vampyregirl
07-06-2011, 11:59 AM
I work for 911. We've had several calls about 3 wheeled ATV's going down the expressway......

Heliplt
07-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Wow, that’s spacey, as I drove by a gawker in the parking lot.

I had a lady ask me if that thing is a car or a motorcycle.

ThreeFeet
07-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I still like the one where the owner was filling up at the gas station and somebody came up and said" Wow is that ELECTRIC??" Owner took a minute and said "Yeah it is but the clock runs on gas!!!" ......I am still laughing about it!!!!:roflblack::roflblack::firstplace:

hotmanali
07-06-2011, 05:00 PM

:roflblack::roflblack:

hotmanali
07-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Remember that phrase your mom and dad always told you when you were a kid..... "Think before you speak son!!!!"

These people don't know how to think....

Mexican
07-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Is that a 3 wheeler??

Nope, it is a 4 wheeler,, OOHH S***T, one of my rear wheels feel off !!!:roflblack:

SpyderWolf
07-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Wow, that’s spacey, as I drove by a gawker in the parking lot.

I had a lady ask me if that thing is a car or a motorcycle.

That just reminded me of an incident that happened during bike week in Myrtle Beach. My wife and I followed some Harley riding friends to this bar where you ride through it to get to the parking lot. There was a guy there on a mic giving colorful commentary as the bikes rolled through. He saw ours and yelled "What in the world are those things? Did you all come here from outer space?". :roflblack: Thanks for bringing back that memory.

gcain747
07-09-2011, 08:57 PM
I was loading some groceries in the "Frunk" today when the guy collecting the shopping carts looked in the "Frunk" and asked me if it was a rear engine model. I told him no the engine was in the middle. He looked at me with this real dear in the headlights look and said "Your Kidding Me":roflblack:

Toxziq
07-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Dumbest I've heard was after coming out of a movie theater where I was parked up on the curb side, I got my helmet out of the trunk, put it on, saddled up and started the engine... then a teenage boy, probably 15ish, says "Excuse me, Sir? Is this yours?"

I was like, "No, I just jumped the guy and stole his key, figured why not. Seriously kid, why do you think I have the key and started it?"

He then asked how much it cost and I asked how much he thought it cost. He said 50K. I said, nope, like 25K to which he replies, "Wow, you are rich too!?"

Yeah, we're in great hands with kids like that being the future of the country :-)

Heliplt
08-28-2011, 07:30 PM
I got a few good ones yesterday:

1 Can it go on the freeway?

2 Is it hard to steer? I said it depends on how strong you are.

3 is it as much as a regular bike? I asked what you consider a regular bike, he said a Ninja

chillicpl
08-29-2011, 12:48 AM
I overheard a 14ish year old boy telling his mom how cool the spyder looked, she told him, you can't have one you'd fall off!

Machinegunner
08-29-2011, 09:01 AM
On the way to Surgis at a filling station a person asked how I liked the Spyder. I said I did but in this hot weather the air cond. doesn't work! He said WOW they even have air cond. At a Harley shop the parts girl asked the clothes girl if the machine in the parking lot was a snowmobile, I said no it is a personal water craft amd she said WOW! did you put the wheels on yourself?

Schnauzer
11-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Too funny how folks loose track of their mind...I'm from Texas, {don't hold it against me}. I've been ask all sort of questions just like most of the ones I've read.. I've decided to take it a bit farther and elaborate on how versatile the :spyder2: is. Quote"Man that looks like a snowmobile with tires. Response..and I quote" It does, and believe it or not, the guys up north place small ski's on the front tires in the winter, and when it is really bad the have something similar to snowshoes that wrap the back tire. Reply, and I quote "Man that is awesome".. Geez I love my family!!!:roflblack:

GA-SPYDER
11-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Where is Bill Engval when you need him?

Sarge707
11-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I had a Nosy Guy walk by the end of the driveway while I was working on it with the tupperware off about 50 feet away-
He yelled "Is That the Scooter version?"
I yelled back- "Don,t know man? Just strippen, the parts off it!!!":yikes:

Heliplt
04-15-2012, 06:18 PM
I got a new one yesterday at the pump.
A guy asked me if that was a moped or a motorcycle. :gaah:

joet82
04-15-2012, 06:32 PM
The one I get the most is "so how/do you like it?"

This is my most common one as well. My response---Nope. 37000 miles in 21 months, I don't like it at all.....I love it.

Bootie
04-15-2012, 07:14 PM
This one is a little off-line but it is still kind of interesting. It happened 2 year ago as I was traversing northern Idaho on my way to Washington.
I had stopped to fill up and go to the men's room. When I cam out a guy was giving the Spyder a close look. Following is the conversation that
ensued.
Him: I want to shake your hand.
Me: Why?
Him: I appreciate that you fought and were wounded in Viet Nam.
Me: I was never in Viet Nam and, for that matter, never in the Service.
That comment went in one ear and out the other and he went on to say...
Him: Well I knew you must have been wounded in Viet Nam because you RIDE A TRIKE.
I just shook his hand and took off.
Boy, Idaho has some strange ones. No wonder Ted Kazynski lived there.

CMA Cowboy
04-15-2012, 07:24 PM
I've had several of these mentioned also to include the deputy sheriff ask how fast does it go. My reply...gets to the speed limit pretty darn quick.

larrymz3
04-15-2012, 08:07 PM
I had a guy come up to me at the gas pump and ask if you could get a hardtop for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Daisyjoe
04-15-2012, 10:55 PM
I was sitting at a traffic light on a very busy street in Savannah today. A car pulled up beside me with the window down. A young lady with a cigarette dangling from her left hand shouted "Will it haul A**. I answered "Well it carries mine quiet nicely."

Big Iron
04-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Someone asked me,,,, What kind of HONDA is that!!???

ThreeWheels
04-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Most of the time, I find that people ask silly questions about the Spyder as a way of trying to start a conversation.

As a good ambassador, I simply respond as best as I can.

If they ask a question like "Is that thing electric" I will merely say that no, this one runs on gas, but there is a hybrid version in the works.

If you make fun of people because they don't understand the details of the bike, you might be mistaken for those 1% riders who feel superior to all the others strictly based on the brand of motorcycle they ride.

coz
04-16-2012, 05:06 PM
i agree 100%. that is a very good point,and a great way to handle the questions:thumbup:

SpyderDuck
04-16-2012, 10:56 PM
A waitress at Texas Roadhouse asked me if it was a scooter... :shocked::hun:

ijon1
04-17-2012, 04:58 AM
I had one guy ask me if the wheels came off.:yikes:

zrc
04-17-2012, 08:16 AM
At the BP in Riceville, TN the follow statement was made:

"Holy Sh** dude! Is that like a future bike or something?"

Bob Denman
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Tell them, "Yes... and your time machine is functioning as planned..." :shocked:

Arr MiHardies
04-17-2012, 04:19 PM
If you make fun of people because they don't understand the details of the bike, you might be mistaken for those 1% riders who feel superior to all the others strictly based on the brand of motorcycle they ride.

I don't feel superior based on the brand of bike I ride. I feel superior because most of the human race are idiots. Dumb questions deserve dumb answers. :P or at least humorous answers.

SpyderDog65
04-17-2012, 04:49 PM
What a dumbass moron I think he was just being a smartass, it doesn't look or sound anything like a freaking moped what a horses ass

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

johnwinslow
04-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Two older Ladies looked at me like they wanted to ask a question, i said, would you like to take it for a ride?? they just smiled, so i handed the key to one of them and said, be back in an hour, or i will have to come looking for you, they both laughed out loud, one said to the other " wouldn't that be a hoot".;) made my day

Heliplt
07-26-2013, 10:41 PM
I don’t know if this one has been posted yet but it is a first for me.

At the gas station as I’m filling up with gas, the guy on the other side of the pump asks me if that thing is electric.
I said I don’t think I would be at the gas station if it was electric?

gottago
07-26-2013, 11:49 PM
I all ways get gee that looks like one of those snow bikes but with out the ski's can you ride in in the snow:hun: had a guy ask me the other day if I ride it in the winter. I told him " yeah, I strap ski's on the front and stud the back wheel and off I go" he said Oh that's a great idea I have to get me one..I bet if I would have told him the sky was falling he would've looked up for a bit to figure it out.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

MrLooney
07-26-2013, 11:50 PM

On my Maiden voyage from Utah into Texas. One morning an old gent meanders over to me as I am mounting my :spyder2: after a grain stop and asks "200!! Does it really do 200?"

I respond "Hold On Fast" then I twisted the throttle to about 6,000 RPM and let go of the clutch leaving about 50' of :ani29: pooh behind! I am sure his jaw was on the ground!

Al Bragg
07-27-2013, 12:12 AM
While gasing up one day, a group of surfer dudes pulled in to the pumps next to me. They all got out and came over to check out my :spyder2:. One asks the normal questions, what is that, is it street legal, is it fast, how much?, ect, ect... Then one of the other boys says, that would be so cool to have, but there is no place to put my surf board. To which I said, not now, but you could have a rack made that goes on the trailer hitch.

He is sold, said he will get one as soon as he gets a job and has money. So i'm guessing not for awhile.:popcorn:

Topshotta
07-27-2013, 05:38 AM
While pumping gas at about 6am, a guy walk over from his pump and ask, how do you like this thing. I nicely replied.
his next question: Was this a design flaw, cause the 2 wheels are in the front and not the back. My response this time was dude it is to :cus: early for the bull poopie questions and I rode off.

spydaman60
07-27-2013, 06:02 AM

"Will that thing run in the water too?" you should have answered them and said--"ya, but not too:cus: long!

dolittlejones
07-27-2013, 06:27 AM
I picked up my new Spyder and on the way home stopped by my son's place to show it off, My ten year old grandson came running out eyes wide he walked around it a couple times reached out and touched the handle bars, ran back inside yelling,,,,,,,," Mom Mom grandpa has got a transformer "
not stupid,,,,,,,darn funny

mclaw44
07-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Heres the dumbest one I heard just the other day

Question:
"What do you with in the winter"

Answer:
"I open the frunk hit the flux capacitor button and the fandangle pops out clearing the road and producing heat.

Response:
"OH I thought it had some dome that goes over it"

Yep I drove off at that point!

pslawing
07-27-2013, 07:27 AM
At Spyderfest (800 spyders came) this year we were stopped at gas station. Typical comments like "what is it". Then the statement that took me to my knees. "I think they're getting more popular cause I've been seeing a lot of them things around here lately!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

redflasher
07-27-2013, 07:36 AM
I don't particularly like the attention. I am not paid by BRP to shill their products and could care less what other folks think of my Spyder. I am not an "Ambassador" or sales rep for them. Course, I don't wave at other bikers either so I must be a crabby old b*****d.

Bob Denman
07-27-2013, 07:42 AM
At Spyderfest (800 spyders came) this year we were stopped at gas station. Typical comments like "what is it". Then the statement that took me to my knees. "I think they're getting more popular cause I've been seeing a lot of them things around here lately!"

I've got a SpyderFest story too!
While getting some fuel on Saturday, a younger fella walked over and asked what all of these "Strange-looking bikes" were doing here.
I simply responded,
"The Mother ship has landed!"72542

Daisyjoe
07-27-2013, 08:08 AM
I don't particularly like the attention. I am not paid by BRP to shill their products and could care less what other folks think of my Spyder. I am not an "Ambassador" or sales rep for them. Course, I don't wave at other bikers either so I must be a crabby old b*****d.

Yeah, you must be:clap:

Bob Ledford
07-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Most of the dumb statement people are aliens from the planet denseatiera. They got left here when their spaceship landed here by miss steak. Now they live here and vote as liberals. :banghead::banghead:

JacqueTanis
07-27-2013, 01:06 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18479&highlight=dumbest

and here....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10012&highlight=dumbest

Some of us newbie Ryders don't realize it's been posted before - especially when the thread is started 5 years ago, thanks for the heads up so we know where to look!

Bob Ledford
07-27-2013, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=Atonic;330534

What the hell are [/QUOTE]

"overhales". Are a modified version of bib overalls!!!

most commonly worn by farmers and old farts! Predominantly considered as dress up clothes in the Central States of the USA when clean and worn with a white dress shirt .....

boborgera
07-27-2013, 01:19 PM
I don’t know if this one has been posted yet but it is a first for me.

At the gas station as I’m filling up with gas, the guy on the other side of the pump asks me if that thing is electric.
I said I don’t think I would be at the gas station if it was electric?

Close, Had the same question at a gas station, I told him Yes it is, But the clock runs on gas.....

Bob Ledford
07-27-2013, 01:23 PM

Maybe you just got a minor case of "GOF Syndrome ." :rolleyes: :roflblack:

flaggerphil
07-30-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm kind of surprised how many people on this thread can't spell or form a sentence...

:shocked:

MrLooney
07-30-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm kind of surprised how many people on this thread can't spell or form a sentence...

I hear you on that one..... Often I have to stop and try to understand what they really mean to say!! I am not perfect by any means... but still I do try to proof read before sending. Hoping what is in my mind matches what I have printed.

On the other hand ... it is a proven fact that you can misspell many words in a sentence and ppl still understand what is said if the first letter and last letter of each word is correct.

Nuw were we go fum hire?

mustangbob
08-01-2013, 09:21 PM
is that a 'rice burner'? no , it runs on maple syrup.

Cruzr Joe
08-01-2013, 09:49 PM
I don't think it is dumb when people ask if i like it ( the Spyder), it gives me an opportunity to tell them how much fun these things are. Anybody that knows me will tell you i love to talk to people about my fun, magical, futuristic, water toy, snowmobile looking ride.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jerpinoy
08-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Yesterday I was at my dealer and two riders (HD and GW) one asked me how fast have you driven my :spyder2:?. I told him I was clock at 120 on my way here by the highway patrol. He was stunned.:roflblack: He didn't even asked me if I'm serious.:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-02-2013, 07:00 AM

:agree: I'm about the worst typist ever! :opps: And I don't see all that well either! :gaah:) But at least I try and proofread what I've layed out on the screen.
I know that I'm pretty much an idiot; I just don't want to have to prove it to everybody else! :roflblack: :joke:

boborgera
08-02-2013, 09:00 AM
:agree: I'm about the worst typist ever! :opps: And I don't see all that well either! :gaah:) But at least I try and proofread what I've layed out on the screen.
I know that I'm pretty much an idiot; I just don't want to have to prove it to everybody else! :roflblack: :joke:

Same here, or is it hear??:rolleyes: ''Anyway'' that still doesn't make us bad people...:dontknow:
I know it doesn't make us anal....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

billybovine
08-02-2013, 10:18 AM
I am a terrible speller and I tend to drop words when I type. Spelling is handled well by spell check but the dropping of words is a real issue because I will not spot it when I proofread. So this should make me tolerant of other folks spelling and grammar errors and for the most part I am. There is one thing that get me everytime and I don't know why is the using the word break instead of brake.

Bob Denman
08-02-2013, 10:40 AM
It actually should be all about the message; not just how it's wrapped up so nice and neat anyway! :thumbup:

StanProff
08-02-2013, 11:02 AM
:dontknow:
Being the Devils Advocate, Maybe they meant the key opens the trunk and raises the seat with out removing it from the ignition switch ?
On most bikes you have to take the key out of the ignition and unlock the gas cap.

That may be what they were thinking.

SpyderDen
08-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Yesterday at a fuel stop.
"Is that a three wheeler?"
My response......" Ummm, lets see, 1,2,3......yup it sure is"

StanProff
08-02-2013, 11:05 AM

"Will that thing run in the water too?"

Of course that's what SpyderDoo's do. :yes:

Dragonrider
08-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Yesterday - Can you ride it in the Dunes??

Bob Denman
08-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Of course you can.... unsuccessfully! :roflblack:

Blue Star
08-02-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm kind of surprised how many people on this thread can't spell, or form a sentence...

You left out a comma :roflblack:

Pirate looks at --
09-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Ok this weekend we were off for a ryde on the Sacramento River Delta. We stopped at a roadside cafe for a cold drink with the Spyder parked right across the street and in clear view. We were parked right at an intersection. So two guys riding Harley's pulled up to the stop sign. One Harley rider pointed toward our Spyder, the other rider looked and then did a double take, and in words loud enough to hear from where we were shouted,"what the hell is that!" I thought I was going to die laughing. Mr girlfriend and I could not stop laughing. As they say, out of the moths of babes.

Well Hell
09-09-2013, 11:12 AM
The wife and I were coming out of a resturant and there was a young boy and his dad standing there looking at our RT-S. The dad asked a few questions and the the boy asked me how I made it transform? I laughed a little and then started it up and turned all the lights on and he freaked out! He thought that was the greatest thing. anyway kinda made my day as we rode of on our transformer.:clap:

Dan McNally
09-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Yesterday - Can you ride it in the Dunes??

You can do just about anything . . . once! :roflblack:

333Club
09-09-2013, 12:34 PM
I got asked this question from a friend. I think she knew how stupid the question was as soon as she finished asking it. I told her on the side walk !!:)