PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 24 July Rumors

Dragonrider
07-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Stopped by Beaverton Honda/Yamaha/et al yesterday, and pulled in next to 3 other Spyders - all fully Farkled, and none that I'd ever seen before !! Then I heard that my only choice for Spyder service - Cycle Sports of Salem is closing its doors !! Anyone else have any facts about this?? That would only leave S&K on the West side of the Cascades, and I wouldn't let them wash my wheels.

If this rumor is true (I'll call them on Tuesday), I'm going to start working with the "Wingman" to become a certified shop - they do all the work on my Valk, and have for years….

Carlo - losing Cycle Sports - without a reasonable alternative for service - will make me seriously consider jumping over to a Hardley….

ZZRain
07-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Dragonrider, what did you find out about the Salem store?

8 Legged Freak
08-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Stopped by Beaverton Honda/Yamaha/et al yesterday, and pulled in next to 3 other Spyders - all fully Farkled, and none that I'd ever seen before !! Then I heard that my only choice for Spyder service - Cycle Sports of Salem is closing its doors !! Anyone else have any facts about this?? That would only leave S&K on the West side of the Cascades, and I wouldn't let them wash my wheels.

If this rumor is true (I'll call them on Tuesday), I'm going to start working with the "Wingman" to become a certified shop - they do all the work on my Valk, and have for years….

Carlo - losing Cycle Sports - without a reasonable alternative for service - will make me seriously consider jumping over to a Hardley….

You are giving all the impression that the techs are bad and that is not the case. You have been vocal about how you were not treated right by the sales manager, now you cast statements out there about not having a choice for service, there is a choice. SK has quality techs and do excellent work. After listening to some Spyder ryders at the service desk, it sounds that Carlo/BRP are sending service issue porblems to them.

I am not looking to start an alpha male pissing match with you, but I also don't care to see people thrown under the bus for a grudge.

pathfinderjoe
08-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Just for the record I am very pleased with the level of support and service SK Northwest has provided since I purchased my 08 SM5 15,000 miles ago. The wife and I just returned from a 3000 mile tour through Or., Id., Mt., BC north to Jasper, Alberta and back. Two days prior to leaving I noticed that a rock was embedded in the drive belt. I didn't want to take a chance of being stranded at some remote spot in BC so I called Brent the Service Manager at SK Northwest. The belt was in stock and he arranged for me to be in and out of the shop in time to leave on schedule. In addition to changing the belt the tech inspected the brakes and adjusted the front brakes and replaced the rear after consulting with me.

Also just for the record -I own of a business which also has a Service Department staffed with factory trained technicians, expensive test equipment and tools, an inventory of parts etc. Therefore, I am very sensitive to the type of service I receive when I am the customer and I am always comparing the customer service I experience to the level of service we strive to deliver to our customers.

I don’t know the history between Drgonrider and SK NW but he is incorrect with his assessment of this company.

Dragonrider
08-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I am happy (really !) that you have had good business and service experiences with your dealer, while I have not - the only way I know how to vote about a firm is with my checkbook. However, if it works for you, God Bless.... I can only talk about what my eyes see...

I have talked to the folks in Salem, and was told that they had a problem with Kawasaki, but the rest of their dealership was OK. They suggested there might be some "wishful thinking" on BHY's part..

Seems that the various manufacturers want the dealers to go back to being exclusive - I think that's like raising taxes in a recession - which is really tough on the dealers.

Dragonrider
08-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Drove the 42 miles to Cycle Sports this weekend, and the only thing in the shop was a bunch of Kawi's - not a Spyder to be seen!!! Talked to a couple of sales guys, and was told "they all sold - no inventory until the '11s". However the service manager said that the shop could only keep Kawasaki, due to economic issues.

He also said that they can continue to work on Spyers, and will honor any warrantee work - but he doubted if they would ever see another new one.