PDA

View Full Version : Real Kewel Pet Carrier for the RT

Jornie1
07-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Our latest addition.... A really cool pet carrier. We had it made by a local fabricator for our Spyder Ryder Dawg Shaba. If Shaba doesn't go.. then no one goes, I think I heard Kim say!!!

The final version included a back rest for Kim and a removable Sun/Rain cover for Shaba.. You may notice that in the first picture, you can see the matching vinyl covered pads to fill the void between the passenter hand holds and the seat cushion. They're to keep paws from sliding underneath the hand grips and to level out the bed area.

The whole thing can be taken off in about 10 seconds by removing the black velcro straps that can be seen around the base and the passenger hand grips.

There may be other, "Can't leave home without'em" Spyder dudes and dudettes out there....
Here's the final product... Len

DynamoBT
07-24-2010, 03:26 PM
That's FANTASTIC!!! Very nicely made! Well done folks!!

Only thing I might mention is protecting her eyes with "Doggles" or something.

KEWL is right!!

wyliec
07-24-2010, 03:46 PM

KEWL is right!!

:2thumbs::agree:

Jornie1
07-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Did you mean these kind of Doggles??? Hey...Shaba is ready for some serious Spyder cruisin'.... Len

KEWL is right!!

DynamoBT
07-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Perfect!!

pjp623
07-24-2010, 05:23 PM
:2thumbs: That's great, how about coming up with something for the RS.

SpyderGirl
07-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Love it! Awesome!! Would love to get one of my Boxer to ride with me on the back.

bone crusher
07-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Can one of these be made for the RS??

Jornie1
07-25-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm positive this guy can make one for the RS. He can just about do anything. I've known him for several years and he designed and fabricated several things for us on our sailboat. Hand rails, mount for solar panels, mast for wind generator etc...

Or course, in order to make one he would have to have an RS in his shop, at least to make the first one. He had Kim's RT for 3-4 days. His name is Bob Bilicki, Phone # (239) 691-7171 or robertbilicki@aol.com. Located in Cape Coral FL. I told him I would most likely get some orders for him at the Smokies rally, or from SL.C website.
Len

Love it! Awesome!! Would love to get one of my Boxer to ride with me on the back.

Sf_Kilo
04-10-2011, 09:51 AM
I actually got my :spyder: because of this carrier....
Now to figure out a way to get one made....

CyncySpyder
04-10-2011, 05:34 PM
:opps:I think Teddy got a lil jealous when he saw this:opps:

:2thumbs:It looks great, especially love the canopy & back rest :2thumbs:

sealfloorboards
04-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Do you think your guy could make one for my 100 lb. Black Lab, Buddy. Would love to take him on the road with me.

John,
Seal FloorBoards

bone crusher
04-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I have a 50 lb. PWD...would LOVE to have a cage like this for my RS...I think I'll call this guy and ask...also, would need a bottom so that the comfort seat doesn't get scratched up too much...other than that, my dog would love to ride with me and I'd love to take him on a ride...

Barbwire
04-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Love it!:congrats: We are trying to figure something out for mine right now to carry a new Shih Tzu we rescued.

arntufun
04-11-2011, 06:45 AM
I wonder if my 110# wife will fit into that. That way she won't have to hold on anymore. Is there a spot on the cage for a padlock ??? :joke:

Yfactor
04-11-2011, 07:31 AM
I wonder if my 110# wife will fit into that. That way she won't have to hold on anymore. Is there a spot on the cage for a padlock ??? :joke:

Sure hope you have some good head protection if she reads this. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bjt
04-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Love it!:congrats: We are trying to figure something out for mine right now to carry a new Shih Tzu we rescued.

+1 I'm still searching for something to carry my Shih Tzu / Bichon Frise mix.

CyncySpyder
04-11-2011, 08:05 AM

:roflblack:OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!:roflblack:

pierrelogic
04-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Here another pet solution. Looks like it can fit on both RT and RS.

Pet Palace (http://blackwidowaccessories.com/proddetail.php?prod=pet1&cat=41)

bone crusher
04-12-2011, 02:50 AM

Oh boy...:lecturef_smilie:

bone crusher
04-12-2011, 02:51 AM

That looks simply horrible compared to the one on the top of this thread...what is it, a lunchbox for a pet? I emailed the guy listed above but haven't heard back....:shocked:

CyncySpyder
04-12-2011, 05:54 AM

I have one very similar to this one, but at half the cost (Pet Palace $187.:yikes:) & for a small dog that doesn't mind being enclosed, I'm sure it would work perfectly well:thumbup:
But as for Teddy, he doesn't like being enclosed & even with the top open, he just doesn't have enough room to be comfortable, lay down, move around & all the Pose'n that he does:roflblack: Not to mention, it blocks most the publics view of your pet, as they can really only see your pets head if the tops open & they "pop" their head out:popcorn:
Still a good find for another SpyderRyde'n Pooch out there, so again, thanks for share'n :2thumbs:

Jornie1
04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Here in SW Florida and those soon to be Blazing Hot Summers up north, that small black carrier might have an "Oven Effect" :yikes: on your little furry buddy .

Ours is totally open with lots of air flow all around. Kim made a light colored, (Sunbrella), removable sun/rain cover to make it a doggie convertible when conditions permit.

We also added a back rest to the carrier for Kim's comfort factor...

Oh..don't forget the Doggles. Shaba didn't like them at first but now doesn't object wearing them at all. We decided she finally realized that she can stick her snout out in the breeze and not get the dreaded (CDE), that would be "Canine Dry Eye" :roflblack: .. Len

bone crusher
04-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Here in SW Florida and those soon to be Blazing Hot Summers up north, that small black carrier might have an "Oven Effect" :yikes: on your little furry buddy .

Ours is totally open with lots of air flow all around. Kim made a light colored, (Sunbrella), removable sun/rain cover to make it a doggie convertible when conditions permit.

We also added a back rest to the carrier for Kim's comfort factor...

Oh..don't forget the Doggles. Shaba didn't like them at first but now doesn't object wearing them at all. We decided she finally realized that she can stick her snout out in the breeze and not get the dreaded (CDE), that would be "Canine Dry Eye" :roflblack: .. Len

I don't think your guy exists anymore...doesn't answer emails and his phone number is disconnected...

johnnyg
04-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't think your guy exists anymore...doesn't answer emails and his phone number is disconnected...

There alive and well we juet talked to them last week 4/6/11, You need to send them a private message. Good luck CJ

Dragonrider
04-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Spydergirl - this is what you need for the big dog:

http://www.wagstrailers.com/pet_trailer.asp

bone crusher
04-12-2011, 08:32 PM
There alive and well we juet talked to them last week 4/6/11, You need to send them a private message. Good luck CJ

I did send an email...no reply...does he have a phone number that works? Or is he here? If so, what is his moniker?

bone crusher
04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Spydergirl - this is what you need for the big dog:

http://www.wagstrailers.com/pet_trailer.asp

My dog is 50 lbs...shouldn't need a horse trailer...should be able to fit on the seat with a proper cage looking thingy...

Padre Spyder
04-12-2011, 09:18 PM
+1 I'm still searching for something to carry my Shih Tzu / Bichon Frise mix.
I've been using a Beast Rider Carrier for about six years and love it. Three point harness keeps your pet from getting tossed around on those sudden moves we sometimes have to make and it is both comfortable and almost indestructible. Drawback is the expense but I think it is worth it in the long run. http://www.beastriders.com
If I'm riding two up Jenny rides on the front with me. I use a motorcycle seat Gel Pad on the glove box. With the Beastrider Harness (which you can purchase seperately) I use a shoulder strap from a laptop case and fasten it to one side and pass it around me to fasten to the other side. This works great as long as you take a break every 75 - 100 miles for your pup to stretch.

Marker
04-12-2011, 09:43 PM
AWESOME PET CARRIER !! I like the design well thought out:thumbup:

bone crusher
04-12-2011, 10:27 PM
AWESOME PET CARRIER !! I like the design well thought out:thumbup:

Very nice but too pricey...would love the cage one but the guy is AWOL...

Phone number no good...no reply to email, etc...

Sf_Kilo
04-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Not sure whats up with you guys getting a hold of bob but if you give the guy a day or so I'm sure you will get a reply. I have emailed and gotten a response but I can't get the RT to Florida so I think I will be SOL unless someone else is in Florida and can let me know when they are getting theirs done on an RT so he can make two. As far as price goes from what Len has told me its reasonable (not cheap but not a fortune) for such a well thought out product and is less than the beast rider by a good bit.
However as I said Bob will need your bike unless we can get sort of a group buy together and somehow get him an RS and an RT to do the fitting on.

bone crusher
04-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Not sure whats up with you guys getting a hold of bob but if you give the guy a day or so I'm sure you will get a reply. I have emailed and gotten a response but I can't get the RT to Florida so I think I will be SOL unless someone else is in Florida and can let me know when they are getting theirs done on an RT so he can make two. As far as price goes from what Len has told me its reasonable (not cheap but not a fortune) for such a well thought out product and is less than the beast rider by a good bit.
However as I said Bob will need your bike unless we can get sort of a group buy together and somehow get him an RS and an RT to do the fitting on.

Yes...I would need it done for a RS with a comfort seat...would be impossible for me to get to florida as I live in MD...however, if he's already made one for someone down there with a similar setup, it shouldn't be that hard.

Also, it likely doesn't matter what seat someone has (on the RS) if it straps in and is pliable on the bottom (the cage, that is)...

Sf_Kilo
04-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Yes...I would need it done for a RS with a comfort seat...would be impossible for me to get to florida as I live in MD...however, if he's already made one for someone down there with a similar setup, it shouldn't be that hard.

Also, it likely doesn't matter what seat someone has (on the RS) if it straps in and is pliable on the bottom (the cage, that is)...

He to my knowledge has never done one on the RS, and is not in the business of cranking out dog carriers for the spyder community therefor everything is custom made and "one of"...
He has done Len's on an RT however he would still need another RT as there were no plans to necessarily reproduce this project.
Maybe Len/Kim could possibly be monetarily persuaded... Pretty, Pretty, Please... :D to lend Bob Kim's RT to make a few carriers and then Kim could maybe add the backrests and covers at a reasonable profit???

I'm sure something could be made for the RS however it will likely be more costly simply due to the increased materials needed as the RT version uses the bike itself for most of the containment and there is no bottom, your furry friend sits on the seat all nice and comfortable like... at least my cat thinks the back seat of the spyder is comfy as he sleeps on it in the garage all day, the dog can't get up there by herself so the cat has decided it is his spot...

Anyway, if anyone is interested in one for the RT please let me know so we can try and get some made...

bone crusher
04-13-2011, 10:14 PM
He to my knowledge has never done one on the RS, and is not in the business of cranking out dog carriers for the spyder community therefor everything is custom made and "one of"...
He has done Len's on an RT however he would still need another RT as there were no plans to necessarily reproduce this project.
Maybe Len/Kim could possibly be monetarily persuaded... Pretty, Pretty, Please... :D to lend Bob Kim's RT to make a few carriers and then Kim could maybe add the backrests and covers at a reasonable profit???

I'm sure something could be made for the RS however it will likely be more costly simply due to the increased materials needed as the RT version uses the bike itself for most of the containment and there is no bottom, your furry friend sits on the seat all nice and comfortable like... at least my cat thinks the back seat of the spyder is comfy as he sleeps on it in the garage all day, the dog can't get up there by herself so the cat has decided it is his spot...

Anyway, if anyone is interested in one for the RT please let me know so we can try and get some made...

I'm all up for one for the RS...but if it can't be done, so be it...what a shame...I think many would be in the market for this...

JonGalt
04-15-2011, 07:35 AM
That is the nicest pet carrier I've seen. I want one for my 2011 RT-S! When you suddenly stop is there anything to keep your doggy from banging into the metal? My Japanese Chin is a real runt at 3.6lbs and I would be concern that she may be tossed around like popcorn with the way I drive. I have doggles ordered with amazon and I am still considering the Pet Palace, but when I saw this I was really impressed. BRP should sell this as an accessory it's so well thought out and stylish. I love the back-rest addon too. It serves my back and the dog's safety perfectly!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_2llpU9r44F8/TNRYSLVqSdI/AAAAAAAALc4/0rsoVZti4f0/s512/IMG_0242.JPGThis is Kya, the goofiest looking thing on 4 legs.

:congrats:

bjt
04-15-2011, 11:20 AM
I've told dltang that I want to get a BeastRider for my dog, probably next year as we don't have a spare $600 right now.

bone crusher
04-15-2011, 08:59 PM
That is the nicest pet carrier I've seen. I want one for my 2011 RT-S! When you suddenly stop is there anything to keep your doggy from banging into the metal? My Japanese Chin is a real runt at 3.6lbs and I would be concern that she may be tossed around like popcorn with the way I drive. I have doggles ordered with amazon and I am still considering the Pet Palace, but when I saw this I was really impressed. BRP should sell this as an accessory it's so well thought out and stylish. I love the back-rest addon too. It serves my back and the dog's safety perfectly!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_2llpU9r44F8/TNRYSLVqSdI/AAAAAAAALc4/0rsoVZti4f0/s512/IMG_0242.JPGThis is Kya, the goofiest looking thing on 4 legs.

:congrats:

Cute dog! I want one for my 50lb. PWD (cage, that is), but nobody is contacting me from the company...argh!

SpyderLady
04-16-2011, 05:41 PM
I have actually used a pet carrier that works in my car also. The dog is attached in to the back of the carrier. Now what I do not have is rain or hot sun protection for her so she only goes when the weather is still cool in the spring and fall. She loves to ride.

Just another idea to consider if you don't want to spend a ton of money.

Bob Denman
04-10-2012, 09:10 AM
:shocked: Has anybody heard from Randy since he mentioned trying to get one of these for Holly? :shocked: With a padlock no less!!! :gaah: :lecturef_smilie:
I'll bet he's in intensive care with enough tubes shoved in him to fuel up an M1 Abrams tank! :yikes:
:roflblack::roflblack:

bullant12
04-10-2012, 09:30 AM
:shocked: Has anybody heard from Randy since he mentioned trying to get one of these for Holly? :shocked: With a padlock no less!!! :gaah: :lecturef_smilie:
I'll bet he's in intensive care with enough tubes shoved in him to fuel up an M1 Abrams tank! :yikes:
:roflblack::roflblack:

Now that you mention it... If Nancy Grace (or any of the other b****s:barf:) is his new ryding "partner" as I can understand from his signature, he might need one of these!!:banghead: Although for Nancy Grace you need a cattle trailer!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-10-2012, 09:37 AM
I almost forgot... :opps:
That pet restraint system is AWESOME!!! :2thumbs: :clap: :firstplace:
Do we have any ideas what sort of pricing we're looking at?

lookerjdc
09-19-2012, 09:03 AM
so I guess its safe to assume that no one has been able to track down the creator of this rear seat pet cage?

Cruzr Joe
09-19-2012, 09:17 AM

And thats why she beat me up officer.............:(

harrypottar
09-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Wow that's cool, I need one for when I take the mother in law for a ride, keep under control :roflblack:

Harry

Bob Denman
09-19-2012, 10:04 AM
:bbq::bbq::bbq:

lookerjdc
10-12-2012, 04:47 PM
one of the owners of my dealer is going to check with someone he knows that is a fabricator

I will get back with any news if people are interested