PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle Bike Fest

kman
07-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Any other Spyders going this weekend?I have only met 3 other owners in the almost 2 years I have owned mine.Sure would like to see some of you there.

Roger
07-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Wish i had known sooner i might have takin the ride only 3hrs.

ameobe
07-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Will be there late tomorrow, probably not make it to the show until Saturday.:thumbup:

AutumnCat
07-23-2010, 12:06 AM
We are attending one day this weekend. Not sure which - depends on what day has the best weather.

I will be sure to look close for other Spyders.

irish2themax
07-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Spyder is in the shop in Hanover PA getting 12K service, new tires, and a new instrument cluster (digital display quit working).

Hope to get it back today. If so, I may ride up there tomorrow...only a little over an hour for me. I'll be riding a black POW*MIA themed 2009 SE5.

Roy's Bassets
07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
I got my :spyder2: in may of 2009. Have not meet another :spyder2: rider or seen one on the road. Have rode all over north AL, and GA. Will be going to the smokies in Sep. I may see one or two there.:yes:

kman
07-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Spyder is in the shop in Hanover PA getting 12K service, new tires, and a new instrument cluster (digital display quit working).

Hope to get it back today. If so, I may ride up there tomorrow...only a little over an hour for me. I'll be riding a black POW*MIA themed 2009 SE5.

Hanover Motosports? That's where I bought mine.Ryan should take care of you if he gets the parts in time.We are planning on getting there early Saturday since they are calling for temps near 100. I doubt if we will be there much past 12:00 or 1:00.Hope to see you there.I am riding a Full Moon Spyder with custom air intakes similar to Lamonsters only chrome.
Let me know how your service goes because I will be going there for my 12k service shortly.

altonk
07-23-2010, 01:41 PM
sounds cool i might try to make it up there sunday

AutumnCat
07-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Hanover Motosports? That's where I bought mine.Ryan should take care of you if he gets the parts in time.We are planning on getting there early Saturday since they are calling for temps near 100. I doubt if we will be there much past 12:00 or 1:00.Hope to see you there.I am riding a Full Moon Spyder with custom air intakes similar to Lamonsters only chrome.
Let me know how your service goes because I will be going there for my 12k service shortly.

We bought our Spyder from Motosports, too. Last September.
Dealt with Ryan a lot. He's a good guy & very knowledgeable.
They treated us well when I had my 600mile service done.

I am waiting on a call from Ryan right now - need to ask him if the heat I am feeling on both sides (but, especially on my LEFT leg) is normal.

We are going to try to get to Carlisle tomorrow early (trying to avoid some of the heat). Coming from York. Hope to see some other Spyders!!

Arachnid71
07-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Sounds great if it wasn't going to be so darn hot. Not sure what my wife's plans are for tomorrow will have to see how things go.

canam9
07-23-2010, 03:19 PM
:ani29:Have a good time!

AutumnCat
07-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Well - after watching the weather on the news & looking at the predictions on line....we have decided to skip the bike fest this year (again). :-(

Bummed, but...I don't do well in heat, my Spyder puts off a LOT of heat on it's own, we really don't want to spend money on any bike accessories right now AND Ultimate Seats is no longer a vendor (their site said they canceled). My hubby wanted to check them out in person.

So - with all that...I'm really jonesing for some cooler temps so I can get more ryding in.

If you go - have fun and take care in the heat!

ameobe
07-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Any other Spyders going this weekend?I have only met 3 other owners in the almost 2 years I have owned mine.Sure would like to see some of you there.

We made it without worries:ohyea:
We hope to see a bunch of SpyderLovers
tomorrow.:thumbup:

wvsquirrel
07-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Ultimate seats are awsome. I had one on my Aero and miss it (seat that is...). They are coming out with a seat for Spyder later on this year.

AutumnCat
07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Ultimate seats are awsome. I had one on my Aero and miss it (seat that is...). They are coming out with a seat for Spyder later on this year.

My husband was interested in one for his Suzuki. I was also interested to see how it would be for a Spyder. I'm also considering a Corbin seat/bag set up (though, some of the negative reviews on here have me reconsidering).

A friend of ours got an Ultimate for his Valkyrie and loves it!