PDA

View Full Version : How Many RS-S built?

Dubaian
07-21-2010, 01:51 AM
i have an RS-S and am curious how many RS-S were built?

here is mine:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7875&stc=1&d=1279694997

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7876&stc=1&d=1279694997

bjt
07-21-2010, 06:45 AM
That's a sharp looking Spyder. I saw two of these (privately owned, not BRP demos) at the Chicago Owners Event.
:thumbup:

bikeguy
07-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Man - that's a pretty ride. I have no idea how many were built. I saw one at the Cycle World show in Dallas and my dealer had one which has been sold. That is just an absolutely beautiful motorcycle.

Cotton

stormtrooper
07-21-2010, 10:32 AM
I have one also.The place I got mine told me they made 500 and every dealer gets just one thats what I was told.:dontknow:

groundeffect
07-21-2010, 11:39 AM
I have one also.The place I got mine told me they made 500 and every dealer gets just one thats what I was told.:dontknow:

There is on and one only.... sitting on the floor at my local Dealer's here in Newfoundland.

JJW SpyderRider
07-21-2010, 12:19 PM
My dealer has one on the floor right now also.

groundeffect
07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
My dealer has one on the floor right now also.

Looks nice, but not practical for me at least. White on the roads in Newfoundland, especially winter time... it'd be black in no time from the road dirt and slush and such...

I do think it cool that it comes with the comfort seat. ;)
Cheers.

stormtrooper
07-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Looks nice, but not practical for me at least. White on the roads in Newfoundland, especially winter time... it'd be black in no time from the road dirt and slush and such...

I do think it cool that it comes with the comfort seat. ;)
Cheers.

I was told the seat is not a comfort seat just a stock seat with white colored stitching.:dontknow:

Dubaian
07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
I was told the seat is not a comfort seat just a stock seat with white colored stitching.:dontknow:

true :agree:

Florida Rev
07-21-2010, 08:48 PM
My dealer said that he had 2 but did not expect to get any more. He does have 2 locations, so he may have meant he had 1 for each location. I really like the looks of mine. Pulled into a bike event last night and it was the only bike of any kind that was white.

And the seat is more than just fancy stitching, it also has a different covering and is a different shape. I parked next to a stock silver RS and it was clearly different in shape as well as appearance.

And to think I went into the dealer with my heart set on a silver one.

Florida Rev
07-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Let's not forget the fancy Spyder luggage that slides right into the front storage compartment.:ohyea:

SemperFiSpyder
07-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Nice bike; I was torn between it and the RT; finally chose the RT.

Raptor
07-25-2010, 07:59 PM

I agree Trooper. :agree: Though it is not a comfort seat it seems different than a standard seat as well. Besides the stitching on the cover the saddle seems different looking than the stock seat. seems beefier some how. This is a limited edition model, so 500 built sounds like a reasonable number. I wonder how we can find out for sure? Not sure the dealer would know. BRP, are you out there?

MoonChaser213
07-25-2010, 08:12 PM
But I like the white ones the best. STUNNING :2thumbs:

bill pitman
07-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Stormtrooper,

You need to bring your Spyder up to the Chatterbox drive-in on a Thursday night. Rt 15 north to the end at Ross's corner.
There were 6 Spyder's there this past Thursday.
Come on ,let's see how many we can get there by the end of the season!?
Dwayne, from Slate Hill, are you out there?

Bill

stormtrooper
07-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Stormtrooper,

You need to bring your Spyder up to the Chatterbox drive-in on a Thursday night. Rt 15 north to the end at Ross's corner.
There were 6 Spyder's there this past Thursday.
Come on ,let's see how many we can get there by the end of the season!?
Dwayne, from Slate Hill, are you out there?

Bill

Sounds good I was there thursday had the day off was riding around up there.Only problem I was there around 3 then left and never made it back. :gaah:

gpthree
07-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Is it possible to buy any of the white parts from BRP or anywhere?

Raptor
07-27-2010, 01:03 PM

Not that I am aware of at this time. But that is not to say that it won't happen. They made the Phantom Skin kit, so if there is enough demand I don't see why they wouldn't want to offer the Vegas White Skin kit for those that want them. We'll just have to stay tuned!

Of course it confused me somewhat as to why they made the Phantom skin kits in the first place. It was a limited edition production run, which was supposed to give it some exclusivity. Then they went and made the skin kits available! :dontknow: Of course the VIN and other subtlties lets you know whether it's a genuine Phantom or not. SO why not just do the same with the Vegas White RS-S skins? If people want them, I say why not!! :D

gpthree
07-27-2010, 01:36 PM
I've also wondered why they made the phantom kits also if those are supposed to be limited editions. I really like the white though and would really like to get my hands on a couple of body panels in white to replace the black ones on the bike. Like you said, maybe one day. I'll have to keep my eyes out for the of chance someone is changing their white ones out. :thumbup:

tatt2r
07-27-2010, 01:51 PM
what ever BRP says there is add at least another 1500 :gaah:

Raptor
07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
what ever BRP says there is add at least another 1500 :gaah:

You have a good point Sir! I tend to think you are correct. Oh well, what can you do? It might be a little shifty but hey, life is too short! I shall let it ride. In fact, I thnk I'll go ride!! :doorag:

stormtrooper
07-27-2010, 08:55 PM

Just saw white panel kit on e-bay $1999.99 :2thumbs:

Raptor
07-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Just saw white panel kit on e-bay $1999.99 :2thumbs:

And there you go! I just wonder if it is the actual Vegas White or did someome just do some handy-work with stock panels. You gotta be careful out in the jungle... err.. EBay! :D