PDA

View Full Version : BRP Factory shutdown ?

spyder3rdr
07-20-2010, 05:22 PM
I noticed in another thread that Lamonster mentioned that the BRP factory was shut down ... I'm wondering whats up ? ... Is it a company wide vacation ? or Did BRP shutdown production untill they get a handle on all the problems owners are having ? or ... they can't get parts either ?

bjt
07-20-2010, 05:44 PM
I noticed in another thread that Lamonster mentioned that the BRP factory was shut down ... I'm wondering whats up ? ... Is it a company wide vacation ? or Did BRP shutdown production untill they get a handle on all the problems owners are having ? or ... they can't get parts either ?

Maybe they are going through their model changeover. :dontknow: This is about the time of the year when auto companies do it.

groundeffect
07-20-2010, 06:26 PM
nojokeNothing bad going on... the workers as I understand are just on summer vacation between production runs.

No worries.

SpyderWolf
07-20-2010, 06:59 PM
I hope the engineers get a good bit of rest, as from all of these concept vehicles I am seeing lately it looks like they may be getting some serious competition in the near future.

canam9
07-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I hope the engineers get a good bit of rest, as from all of these concept vehicles I am seeing lately it looks like they may be getting some serious competition in the near future.
:agree::ani29:

mxz600
07-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Just resting up before the big production run on sleds.

groundeffect
07-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Yeah, they do indeed deserve a good vacation. Here's to the BRP crew :cheers: Hope you enjoy your vacation time!!

Cheers from Newfoundland!
Dean

Frig
07-20-2010, 07:37 PM
I used to work for a company that made furniture and parts for schools. They too were in Canada and took a company wide summer vacation. Not fun trying to get parts or correct bad pieces during their break. I'm sure they deserved a break but to do it company wide is hard to deal with.

fastfraser
07-20-2010, 07:42 PM
:2thumbs: They need a rest so they can come back and make a WHITE RTS 2011 for me !

Smylinacha
07-20-2010, 07:43 PM
We shut down during Christmas and New Years. Kinda nice, especially when it gives you time to spend w/ family. Some people work through it though if needed. I know before my time there they would shut down in the summer also - that was when HDX was there working the first time.