PDA

View Full Version : I was thirsty. So I went to Wisconsin for a Diet Coke.

kytten
07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
That's my way of saying I took my first LONG ride and my first out of state ride on my Spyder yesterday.

My boyfriend -- who did not get a Spyder but instead got a Triumph Thunderbird -- and I took our first long & first out of state motorcycle trip yesterday. We decided to take the great river road trip from our home (Rosemount, MN). We went down 61 on the MN side to Winona, stopped for dinner and then crossed the river to WI and drove back up 35, back across and home.

It was about 5 hours worth of driving (about 220 miles round trip), plus a few stops along the way. We left around 1 and got home around 7.

The whole trip was beautiful. Between the river, the bluffs, the trees, the eagles and all the other motorcycles... there was so much to enjoy! We stopped at a couple of little mom and pop places, a bar, a restaurant, a couple gas stations and an ice cream shop.

Of all those things, my favorite was passing another Spyder on the WI side. I was so excited to see it, I didn't catch the color -- dark, maybe black? They were riding two up and seemed pretty excited to see me too! :D

The last hour was pretty intense with lots of hills and curves and both our rear ends were sore. We were also exhausted. I had no idea a ride like that could be so much exercise.

I now have the weirdest tan lines in the world. I wear a riding jacket which is a little long and covers my hands just past the wrist -- and no riding gloves. So about an inch of my hands past the wrist is white. The rest is tanned. Plus I wear a ring on each middle finger so there are bands of white there too.

I didn't bring my good camera so all I got were some crappy phone shots at one of our stops. Next time I need to remember the good camera so we can pull off and get pictures of all the beautiful scenery.

See attachments for pictures. Picture 3 was not taken by me and was not taken yesterday. I stole it from the facebook page of the pub we stopped at (Garden Pub & Grille).

groundeffect
07-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey. Thanks for sharing!! pics are ok for a cell phone.

Looks like you found a really nice little loop there, and have a great time!!

Happy to hear about the nice ryde!
Cheers.
Dean

VaughnCat
07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
:clap:Very cool!:clap: Glad you got a few rydin' miles under your belt....
and yes, I know just what you mean about the tan lines on your hands :gaah: with our temps recently around 100 (or above), there've been a few times when I haven't my gloves . . . and it really shows :roflblack:

We enjoy hearing about your adventures.... keep 'em coming!

Cat

MoonChaser213
07-19-2010, 01:15 PM
That looks like a really fun ryde. I bet your boyfriend doesn't send you out to get a loaf of bread!!!!

canam9
07-19-2010, 02:26 PM
:2thumbs::ani29:

ntxYguy2009
07-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your ryde! :doorag:

David

Rockytime
07-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Sounds like a great ride. I miss Minnesota, the chiggers and deer flies. Actually I do miss Minnesota. It is a beautiful state and I miss the fishing there. Minnesota is a great ride! Glad you like the Spyder.

ameobe
07-19-2010, 04:42 PM
That's my way of saying I took my first LONG ride and my first out of state ride on my Spyder yesterday.

My boyfriend -- who did not get a Spyder but instead got a Triumph Thunderbird -- and I took our first long & first out of state motorcycle trip yesterday. We decided to take the great river road trip from our home (Rosemount, MN). We went down 61 on the MN side to Winona, stopped for dinner and then crossed the river to WI and drove back up 35, back across and home.

It was about 5 hours worth of driving (about 220 miles round trip), plus a few stops along the way. We left around 1 and got home around 7.

The whole trip was beautiful. Between the river, the bluffs, the trees, the eagles and all the other motorcycles... there was so much to enjoy! We stopped at a couple of little mom and pop places, a bar, a restaurant, a couple gas stations and an ice cream shop.

Of all those things, my favorite was passing another Spyder on the WI side. I was so excited to see it, I didn't catch the color -- dark, maybe black? They were riding two up and seemed pretty excited to see me too! :D

The last hour was pretty intense with lots of hills and curves and both our rear ends were sore. We were also exhausted. I had no idea a ride like that could be so much exercise.

I now have the weirdest tan lines in the world. I wear a riding jacket which is a little long and covers my hands just past the wrist -- and no riding gloves. So about an inch of my hands past the wrist is white. The rest is tanned. Plus I wear a ring on each middle finger so there are bands of white there too.

I didn't bring my good camera so all I got were some crappy phone shots at one of our stops. Next time I need to remember the good camera so we can pull off and get pictures of all the beautiful scenery.

See attachments for pictures. Picture 3 was not taken by me and was not taken yesterday. I stole it from the facebook page of the pub we stopped at (Garden Pub & Grille).

Sounds like an awesome ryde :2thumbs:

Here was my fix for the
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G_yZLgF76ceven after the Corbin.:D I love it:thumbup:

ps- 1/2 price on Ebay, 14"X14"

Pat

SPYDER4FUN
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
:congrats:
Pictures were good !!! Thanks for sharing the adventure

SpyderAnn01
07-19-2010, 05:19 PM
A friend of mine just did the same ride but they had quite a bit of rain. She still thought it was beautiful.

I wear a modular helmet and when it is really hot I like to lift the shield about an inch. I'm afraid that I will get a stripe across my face.

docdoru
07-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Nice ryde! :thumbup:

kytten
07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Sounds like an awesome ryde :2thumbs:

Here was my fix for the butt problem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G_yZLgF76c)even after the Corbin.:D I love it:thumbup:

ps- 1/2 price on Ebay, 14"X14"

Pat

Ok, I'd looked at those before but was gearing up to buy the comfort seat instead, so I put it off. But after that ride and not really having the money for the replacement seat right now AND at that excellent price... I just bought one. I'm tempted buy my bf one too.

Thank you!

SpyderWolf
07-20-2010, 08:20 PM
:congrats: on your first long ryde. It sounds like you had a great time, and that is what really matters.

pauly1
07-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Nice ryde! We can give you some more roads in that same area of WI and MN that are even BETTER!

Wayne