PDA

View Full Version : Texas Trail Restaurant - Hico, TX

Texmac1011
07-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Kudos to Billy and Tracy for a great establishment. We rode to Hico today to visit a bike shop we missed on our last trip. Of course, it was closed due to a water leak.

We were hungry though, so decided to try this place. Billy was a gracious host who sincerely cared about our service. Tracy and her people keep the cleanest place I have seen in quite some time and, being older with no kids at home, we have seen plenty. Billy even offered to show us the kitchen and the storeroom to show that the entire restaurant looked like the dining area.

They also have a private room for large groups that can be reserved. Just call ahead.

This definitely looks like a good destination for a future ryde!

Mistycrest
07-18-2010, 10:05 AM
We will have to keep this place in mind. Do you ever make it to North Texas &/or SE Oklahoma?

Texmac1011
07-18-2010, 04:23 PM
welcome
We tend to stay west and south of DFW, although we never say never. Enjoy your new ryde!

jenmom22
09-26-2010, 08:25 PM
My husband considers himself an expert of Texas bbq; he knows a couple of places you might consider. Have you ever tried Saltlick? Great place (for me, it's too far on too fast superslabs so far) to visit.

I can ask him if he could put together a list/map that can be a wish list..

Spydeb
09-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Kudos to Billy and Tracy for a great establishment. We rode to Hico today to visit a bike shop we missed on our last trip. Of course, it was closed due to a water leak.

We were hungry though, so decided to try this place. Billy was a gracious host who sincerely cared about our service. Tracy and her people keep the cleanest place I have seen in quite some time and, being older with no kids at home, we have seen plenty. Billy even offered to show us the kitchen and the storeroom to show that the entire restaurant looked like the dining area.

They also have a private room for large groups that can be reserved. Just call ahead.

This definitely looks like a good destination for a future ryde!

Hey Sorry you missed it again! I laughed when I read that post since it was my hubby who drove past it last time!
I will try the BBQ place out, sounds GREAT...
I have eaten at the Saltlick and it is good but too far for day trip.

Are you available on Oct 9th to go to Llano for BBQ? Trying to get some riders together.

Glad you had a great ride.

Texmac1011
09-29-2010, 06:03 AM
Yeah, I didn't want to mention any names. That place never did open back up. Cody's is still there, though. Llano sounds good to us. Stay in touch and let us know when and where. We ride many events with B.A.C.A so, hopefully, there will be nothing going on that weekend.

Texmac1011
10-04-2010, 06:47 PM
We're not going to make Llano on the 9th. We have 2 events with BACA that will take the entire day.

Spydeb
10-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks, you guys have a safe ride!