PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question

DietitianBill
07-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I have a simple question so i'm looking for a simple answer :ohyea: Do you have to have the sport rack in order to use the back rest or can you buy just the back rest? This is for the RS and i'm talking about the back rest for the passenger just to be clear.

BajaRon
07-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I have a simple question so i'm looking for a simple answer :ohyea: Do you have to have the sport rack in order to use the back rest or can you buy just the back rest? This is for the RS and i'm talking about the back rest for the passenger just to be clear.

You can use the Sport Rack without the Back Rest. But you CANNOT use the Back Rest without the Sport Rack. There is nowhere to mount it.

Fire Joe
07-16-2010, 09:13 PM
You need the rack to be able to use the back rest. The back rest hooks up to the bottom (base) part of the sport rack, you have to take the actual "rack" off to use the back rest.

DietitianBill
07-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys! That makes the back rest a little more $$$ then I was expecting.

bjt
07-16-2010, 09:36 PM
There are a few other options for backrests from other vendors. For instance, Mels Monster Garage has one. You can find them on eBay and I think that the person I know that has one is satisfied with it.

Capt John
07-16-2010, 09:42 PM

If you are looking for just a passenger backrest? There are a couple of options to look at : 1.) Change out to Corbin seats with backrest (kind of expensive)
2.) Mel's monster garage (here their ebay link)

http://stores.ebay.com/Mels-Monster-Garage_Spyder-Backrest_W0QQ_fsubZ701442016QQ_sidZ123408446QQ_trk sidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

retread
07-16-2010, 09:49 PM
RoadKrome has a backrest, several heights, and you can add a rack to it, if you want to. Mine cost less than $250.

john

Dragonrider
07-16-2010, 10:36 PM
The BRP unit is a snap to add or remove - don't like the look, unless I have a passenger. It's solid and worth the $$