PDA

View Full Version : skydiving handicrapp style and one of the 7 great days

SethO
07-16-2010, 01:14 AM
there are about 7 days a year that are awsome weather and poser motorcycle riders talk about riding these 5 days because they had some other funboy thing to do on the other 2. Awsome weather good traffic and no deer or cops that mattered.

I rode down to winsted,mn to watch my buddies kid skydive, one guy there asked if I wanted to go and I said I am in a wheelchair so I do not think they let me.

He was Joe the owner of the place and has jumped several other para's so 45 minutes later I was jumping taped to another man for $189.

Honestly I was glad I did it but it was not as big of rush that people talk about it being, I mean initally it was kick ass but after the parachute opened.

Anyway I would say everyone should try it
there is a 250lbs weight limit but here is the place

http://westsideskydivers.com/ (http://westsideskydivers.com/)

sabunim5
07-16-2010, 08:44 AM
:congrats: on a new life experience. I have to admit I would be too chicken to go. :yikes:

dancogan
07-16-2010, 08:58 AM
:thumbup: Congrats on having the guts to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. :roflblack: Not something I've ever wanted to try, but I would imagine quite an adrenalin rush!

SpyderGirl
07-16-2010, 09:06 AM
:2thumbs: :congrats:

The only way my @$$ would be jumping out an airplane would be if it was on fire! Just about anything else I'll do.

SpyderWolf
07-16-2010, 09:39 AM
:2thumbs: :congrats:

The only way my @$$ would be jumping out an airplane would be if it was on fire! Just about anything else I'll do.

:agree:

There was a time when I was younger that I had thought about trying it, but then good sense saved me. :D

Firefly
07-16-2010, 09:52 AM
What??? No Video??

I've been meaning to do this for quite some time. Years ago a group of us from work were going to do it as we have a local jump site.

Literally the week we were trying to select a date the place bounced a guy and his trainer on a tandem jump....:yikes:

We put it on the back burner since then---- but I'm still wanting to give it a shot--- just not at that place!

SethO
07-16-2010, 02:23 PM
they said they would send it.

Alot of you must have alot to live for. I mean from a % standpoint you are much more likely to get injuried or die on the ride to the drop zone.

After jumping out of the plane its like a 6 flags ride that you control and mine was in 15mph winds.

Like I said everyone should try it once, once the zombies invade america, every american is going have to do what needs to be able to jump out and land on buildings and clear them from the top down so you should get trainned up now.

VaughnCat
07-16-2010, 02:48 PM

There was a time when I was younger that I had thought about trying it, but then good sense saved me. :D

:agree: somebody'd have to push me out after they pried my cold dead fingers off of the platform!!!! :yikes:
geeeez I got the shakes just climbing the ladder to help Vaughn clean out the gutters (and it's a single story house) !!!!

musicarcade
07-16-2010, 03:01 PM
C'Mon you guys! If I lost some weight I'd do it! Of course I'd want the guys that take G.H.W. Bush skydiving....:ohyea::ohyea:
He's jumping and he's what, a 120 years old?:roflblack:

Firefly
07-16-2010, 03:02 PM
they said they would send it.

Alot of you must have alot to live for. I mean from a % standpoint you are much more likely to get injuried or die on the ride to the drop zone.

After jumping out of the plane its like a 6 flags ride that you control and mine was in 15mph winds.

Like I said everyone should try it once, once the zombies invade america, every american is going have to do what needs to be able to jump out and land on buildings and clear them from the top down so you should get trainned up now.

Never got why people would be afraid of flying either--- much safer than just driving to work everyday.

Post the video when you get it!

grumpybob
07-16-2010, 04:42 PM

Never got why people would be afraid of flying either--- much safer than just driving to work everyday.

Post the video when you get it!

Fly with me once and it will help you understand why some people are afraid to fly. Never have a good flight.

Would rather jump than crash. And I have done both multiple times. It gets scary after you go down in one.

boborgera
07-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Fly It gets scary after you go down in one.

:agree:Did two hard landings, one in a Caribou, another in a Huey.
Very rare ill get on an Airplane, Helicopter no way.:yikes:
Just the sound of one going overhead has me shaking.

grumpybob
07-16-2010, 06:14 PM
:agree:Did two hard landings, one in a Caribou, another in a Huey.
Very rare ill get on an Airplane, Helicopter no way.:yikes:
Just the sound of one going overhead has me shaking.

God - me to Huey took a round in the oil tank coming out of Happy Valley in Nam in '66 hurt back, never been the same. Kalamazoo 1979 or 80 pilot missed runway, ended up going down in a corn lot hard! lot of people with broken bones etc. I was lucky, just shaken up bad. Hated K-Zoo and Detroit airport.Same time span a jet blew out all the windows in the bar in Det. airport. I was sitting at bar, got a couple of scratches. People by the windows were cut up pretty good.

Jumped with a guy named Willard Smith, He was killed at Watkins Glen doing a demo jump. Had flares on legs and arms. One of them blew up.

Sorry for stealing this thread!!

grumpybob
07-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Are you the pilot? :shocked:
:popcorn:

No! Or it probably would have been worse. Funny thing is I worked for Pneumo Services Corp. They owned National Waterlift in K-Zoo, Cleveland Pneumatic in Cleveland, and other aerospace companies. Had so many near misses flying to aerospace companies I finally quit so I wouldn't have to fly.

Blue Star
07-17-2010, 01:15 AM
:thumbup: Congrats on having the guts to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. :roflblack: Not something I've ever wanted to try, but I would imagine quite an adrenalin rush!

Jumping out of an airplane is one of the biggest things my daughter is looking forward to when she starts her air-borne training. I'm like you in WHY would a normal person want to jump out of a plane?

spydrn
07-17-2010, 02:18 AM
I will be doing this on 6 March 2011. There is a place in Denver Co, that will take you up to 10K feet and free fall for a while before the cord is pulled. Its an all day thing, first you train o 100% oxygen and other stuff. If you wondering why 6 march, I turn 40 that day. Hell if its my time to go well at least its a good round number. Its kind of one of those "Bucket List" things I want to do. Buying the Spyder was the first one on the list. I have Bungeed off the New River Gorge bridge and parasalled. The way I see it life is just way to short. Why fear something...

docdoru
07-17-2010, 07:15 AM
....I mean initally it was kick ass but after the parachute opened....
130 miles/hour is the initial speed. :D

SpyderWolf
07-17-2010, 07:43 AM
130 miles/hour is the initial speed. :D

Terminal Velocity comes shortly after. :D

NancysToy
07-17-2010, 08:29 AM
That's what I like about you, Seth...you'll try anything. Good for you! I jumped quite a bit back in ancient times (the Sixties). Much better equipment now. I agree that the best rush is the step out the door. Gets kind of boring once you are under the canopy. That's why skydivers have invented stunts, landing accuracy contests, and the like...to liven things up.

Firefly
07-17-2010, 10:36 AM
No! Or it probably would have been worse. Funny thing is I worked for Pneumo Services Corp. They owned National Waterlift in K-Zoo, Cleveland Pneumatic in Cleveland, and other aerospace companies. Had so many near misses flying to aerospace companies I finally quit so I wouldn't have to fly.

One of my brothers worked for National Waterlift while going to WMU back in the 80's.

-----------------------

I'm sure those that have had a close call or a bad flight have a totally different opinion-- I've never had a bad flight and have flown hundreds of times in various aircraft. Did have one bumpy flight over the smokies , but the thought of going down never entered my mind. Helicopter's are a blast. Hot air balloons are really mellow.

Rando
07-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Here's another adventure for you Seth!

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_9839c71c-7756-11df-96c5-001cc4c002e0.html

RoadHammer
07-17-2010, 12:38 PM
that's cool Seth, i always wanted to do that...........:2thumbs:

SethO
07-17-2010, 09:55 PM
that's cool Seth, i always wanted to do that...........:2thumbs:

do it up man, there are places to will take smashed up people.

SethO
07-17-2010, 10:05 PM
That's what I like about you, Seth...you'll try anything. Good for you! I jumped quite a bit back in ancient times (the Sixties). Much better equipment now. I agree that the best rush is the step out the door. Gets kind of boring once you are under the canopy. That's why skydivers have invented stunts, landing accuracy contests, and the like...to liven things up.

i would like to do it on my own, have to figure what do about my legs, I thought about holding them together.