PDA

View Full Version : Planning a scenic Ryde - OH

pierrelogic
07-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Been thinking about this for a few weeks now. Would definitely welcome company. Here's the route:

START 256 just out of Baltimore OH

Route 664 S beginning at the 256/664 intersection ryding S ~ 38 miles not yet been on this stretch, but the Map (http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/oh_buckeye.html) says it's a nice route.
Route 56 towards Athens ~ 58 miles Map says it's scenic but it's got some tight turns, switchbacks and hills so scenic yes...workout for sure.
Break in Athens - food gas plenty of choices.
Route 550 E toward Marietta ~ 41 miles This route is awesome. It crosses the Dragon of Ohio (555) but it's full of long sweepers and plenty of hills. VERY Pleasant ryde.
Route 60 toward Zanesille ~ 60 miles+ This road rides along the Muskingham river and in the afternoon a nice cool ride in the shadows of trees. Scenic for sure, plenty of sites to be had.

END - Interestate 70

Around 200 miles, makes a big "U" through some of the best riding in Ohio without getting too tired. You end up at I70 able to get anywhere fast. I'm tentatively planning this trip next weekend either Saturday the 24th of July or the next day Sunday.

Anyone want to join? I'm in.