PDA

View Full Version : Lets have a drink.

RTGENE
07-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Hot spyderlovers

Well today in High Ridge the temperature grew to 100 degrees. Tonight the weatherman said it was currently 90 degrees .
He went on to say that when you factor in humidity it feels like 133 degrees----So normally I don't believe weathermen but when the news is this bad I believe.

Many of us have hydration back packs we fill with ice and water. It keeps the water cold if the pack is insulated (for awhile). As the ice melts it dose dilute the water of course.
Today I was in Wal-Mart and found COOL GEL INSULATED BLADDER $19.00.
For those of us that have used the hydration pack we know that after an hour the water is getting warm. Any water left in the tube between drinks gets hot.
What makes this one better thought out is that the tube is insulated and the bladder has quilted gel on the back side. Stick it in the freezer over night fill it up in the morning and put it in your old insulated back pack. That should extend how long it keeps water cold they advertise that it will work for 4 hours.
Here is their web site
http://www.brmsstore.com/php-bin/ecomm4/brmsProducts.php?category_id=145&product_id=5962&prev_id=6245&next_id=4620&PHPSESSID (http://www.brmsstore.com/php-bin/ecomm4/brmsProducts.php?category_id=145&product_id=5962&prev_id=6245&next_id=4620&PHPSESSID)
Trust me dehydration or heat stroke is no joke.

I have no ties to outdoor products comapny if they send me a check I'll will cash it.
Gene

pitbull
07-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Gene you take good care of us, so I'm guessing this would be a good investment for the week end!

rineer4635
07-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Hot spyderlovers

Well today in High Ridge the temperature grew to 100 degrees. Tonight the weatherman said it was currently 90 degrees .
He went on to say that when you factor in humidity it feels like 133 degrees----So normally I don't believe weathermen but when the news is this bad I believe.

Many of us have hydration back packs we fill with ice and water. It keeps the water cold if the pack is insulated (for awhile). As the ice melts it dose dilute the water of course.
For those of us that have used the hydration pack we know that after an hour the water is getting warm. Any water left in the tube between drinks gets hot.
What makes this one better thought out is that the tube is insulated and the bladder has quilted gel on the back side. Stick it in the freezer over night fill it up in the morning and put it in your old insulated back pack. That should extend how long it keeps water cold they advertise that it will work for 4 hours.
Here is their web site
http://www.brmsstore.com/php-bin/ecomm4/brmsProducts.php?category_id=145&product_id=5962&prev_id=6245&next_id=4620&PHPSESSID (http://www.brmsstore.com/php-bin/ecomm4/brmsProducts.php?category_id=145&product_id=5962&prev_id=6245&next_id=4620&PHPSESSID)

I have no ties to outdoor products comapny if they send me a check I'll will cash it.
Gene Friend, Why didn't you tell me this when we went shopping to Walmart last month?

xpeschon
07-15-2010, 07:03 AM
I'll have one for Saturday if our local Wal-Mart has them,,,, In what department did you find these at Gene??

Thanks for the info, good stuff Comrade..

X-Joe

bjt
07-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Hot spyderlovers

Here is their web site

Gene

:2thumbs: Deb and I learned how to mount our Camelbacks on our Spyders for most convenient use by seeing yours last year.

GeminiJane
07-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info Gene. But I'm gonna wait and see if Mrs. Pitbull Buggy can find an upscale one at the Coach shop this weekend before I run out to Walmart. If so, I'll give her my Visa card number.

dltang
07-15-2010, 09:25 PM
:2thumbs: Deb and I learned how to mount our Camelbacks on our Spyders for most convenient use by seeing yours last year.

We sure did Gene and it really came in handy riding thru the desert.

SpyderGirl
07-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the tip! We have a hot ride planned for next weekend. We'll be getting our cooling vests tomorrow and we already have hydration packs.

Dochands
07-16-2010, 10:25 AM
A bit more money but the vest and back pack cool you and let you drink water. lol

Firefly
07-16-2010, 10:56 AM

Care to share how you mounted them?

pitbull
07-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Care to share how you mounted them?
FIREFLY!!!!!!! never ask Gene how he mounted something.....son he'll show ya!!! and by you i mean all of us!!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yik es::yikes::yikes::yikes:

bjt
07-16-2010, 02:20 PM
FIREFLY!!!!!!! never ask Gene how he mounted something.....son he'll show ya!!! and by you i mean all of us!!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yik es::yikes::yikes::yikes:

:D

We were trying to ride with the Camelbacks either on our back, backpack style, or on our BikersFriend bag on the pillion seat. Gene had his strapped to his tank bag and we had never considered that option. It was so much better than either of the other two spots.

RTGENE
07-16-2010, 04:00 PM
OK FIREFLY

Instead of putting the hydration pack on your back pretend that your helping a lady on with her coat------then sit down on your spyder hold the pack by its straps and slip one strap over the left end of the handle bars. Then the other strap over the right end of the handle bar. Tighten both straps so that the bag dose not slip.

You can thank me later

bjt
07-16-2010, 09:23 PM
So I guess it wasn't strapped to his tank bag but we did notice it was in front of him. We strapped ours to our tank bags and they worked great there too.

hevnbound
07-17-2010, 05:37 AM
From the; what it's worth department ..

Spydergene said: "Any water left in the tube between drinks gets hot" -

After you finish drinking, always blow the water back in. ... problem solved.

wyliec
07-17-2010, 08:33 AM
From the; what it's worth department ..

Spydergene said: "Any water left in the tube between drinks gets hot" -

After you finish drinking, always blow the water back in. ... problem solved.

I'll have to give that a try.