PDA

View Full Version : Lodging for The Dragon

ArmyJoe
07-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Now that The Drgaon is open, I got to looking at a map and realized GA/SC/NC State Rt-28 is two blocks from my apartment and ends at Deal's Gap. Sounds like a good excuse for another road trip.

Can anyone recommend a place to stay up there?

WackyDan
07-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Now that The Drgaon is open, I got to looking at a map and realized GA/SC/NC State Rt-28 is two blocks from my apartment and ends at Deal's Gap. Sounds like a good excuse for another road trip.

There is a Microtel Inn in Robbinsville that is just below the Dragon and is motorcycle friendly.

glynnk
07-14-2010, 11:11 AM

Deal's Gap has a motel onsite. Don't know any details, but www.dealsgap.com (http://www.dealsgap.com) should get the motel info.

Glynnk

RShrimp
07-14-2010, 04:58 PM
The Iron Horse in Robbinsville is a great place. It is a motorcycle campground but they also have cabins. They have a huge clubhouse/common area where they serve breakfast and dinner and is totally geared to motorcycles. Very nice people. They even let us use there shop and tools for a couple of repairs while we were there for a V-strom rally.
http://www.ironhorsenc.com/

fastfraser
07-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Is the Dragon open all the way ?

bodymanpainter
07-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Is the Dragon open all the way ?

Yes, We just got back home from riding the Dragon.

ArmyJoe
07-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. How friendly are the other bikers at these biker-friendly motels? Are they going to s:cus: on my ride because I'm not on a Harley (or Goldwing, etc)?

WackyDan
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. How friendly are the other bikers at these biker-friendly motels? Are they going to s:cus: on my ride because I'm not on a Harley (or Goldwing, etc)?

Been up there a few times with the Spyder and spent the night in the area... Never an issue. The type of bikers you find in the Smokies are true riders/tourers. You won't find the posers up there at all. They are all there for the same reason you are.