PDA

View Full Version : Questions for all part 2

Spyderfor40
07-11-2010, 12:40 PM
First off, thank you for everyone that responded to my first set of questions, that is awesome and makes me want to be a part of the Spyder community sooner than my planned purchase in September. Some more questions:

Regarding the modifications, do the dealers have any of the modification equipment typically or does that all come from other vendors? Will the dealers install the equipment I might buy from another vendor? Are they used to this?

I was really hoping to have some music on my RS, has anyone gotten that to work somehow? Not sure how to go about that, but it sure would be a nice feature.

From all of the reading I have done on here, it sounds like the extended warranty is the right move, correct?

Does anyone keep a can of that run flat type stuff in their frunk in case of a flat tire? Would it get too hot in there or okay to keep?

thanks to all!
Mitch - Spyder ownder in September (or sooner :))

aka1004
07-11-2010, 02:31 PM
First off, thank you for everyone that responded to my first set of questions, that is awesome and makes me want to be a part of the Spyder community sooner than my planned purchase in September. Some more questions:

Regarding the modifications, do the dealers have any of the modification equipment typically or does that all come from other vendors? Will the dealers install the equipment I might buy from another vendor? Are they used to this?

I was really hoping to have some music on my RS, has anyone gotten that to work somehow? Not sure how to go about that, but it sure would be a nice feature.

From all of the reading I have done on here, it sounds like the extended warranty is the right move, correct?

Does anyone keep a can of that run flat type stuff in their frunk in case of a flat tire? Would it get too hot in there or okay to keep?

thanks to all!

for music, this is the best thing out there.
750 bucks for them pods and speakers are really good price.
you can use your ipod/iphone or other smartphone as source of music.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1650

dealers are used to doing aftermarket mod installation i think, as most spyder ryders have done SOMETHING to their spyder. if you want the brp fog lights or evoluzione's anti sway bar, have the dealer install them on spyder in a crate as most dealer will not charge you installation fee or very little.

yes on extended warranty if you are not going to do a lot of performance mod. it's little tricky. some dealers will look the other way some won't.

i've been keeping a can of fix-a-flat in my trunk and it's been 100+ everyday but no problem.

GeminiJane
07-11-2010, 09:26 PM
My husband's got me wired up to run a Garmin 376 (first reason is for the doppler radar that keeps you updated on any weather popping up so you can avoid it) with XM radio. It's run through an autocom so GPS lady can talk to me, I can have tunes, and can run Motorola (or other) radios through it for communication from bike to bike. Works well for us - not bluetooth but the talk range is more than 2 miles so if we get separated on trips, not a problem! It's hands-free communication or can be used as push to talk with button on the handlebar.

patches
07-12-2010, 07:36 AM
As for the fix a flat..look on the main screen and do youself a favor and get the Ride-On. Does the same thing but better.

pjp623
07-12-2010, 07:44 AM
:agree:

bjt
07-12-2010, 08:49 AM

thanks to all!

Dealers putting on or selling mods is totally dependent on a specific dealer. I've seen dealers who sell aftermarket parts, those who will only sell BRP add-ons and those who will only sell aftermarket parts if BRP doesn't offer a similar add-on (like my dealer). Same thing for the installation of aftermarket parts, some do and some don't.

I've tried three different ways of getting music on my GS Spyder and the best thing that worked for me (which was also the cheapest) was getting a set of noise reducing headphones and using them with my iPod or iPhone. It's not the most convenient way but has been the most reliable and best sound quality.

After having a major problem on my Spyder that would have been out of warranty, I am SO glad I got the 3 year Best extension.

Finally, +1 on the use of Ride-on over any can of Fix-A-Flat.

dltang
07-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Dealers putting on or selling mods is totally dependent on a specific dealer. I've seen dealers who sell aftermarket parts, those who will only sell BRP add-ons and those who will only sell aftermarket parts if BRP doesn't offer a similar add-on (like my dealer). Same thing for the installation of aftermarket parts, some do and some don't.

I've tried three different ways of getting music on my GS Spyder and the best thing that worked for me (which was also the cheapest) was getting a set of noise reducing headphones and using them with my iPod or iPhone. It's not the most convenient way but has been the most reliable and best sound quality.

After having a major problem on my Spyder that would have been out of warranty, I am SO glad I got the 3 year Best extension.

Finally, +1 on the use of Ride-on over any can of Fix-A-Flat.

:agree: Ditto, Have my iphone in a RAM Mount and have a really good GPS app on it and I have my noise reducing earbuds that fit into my ear so I can wear the fullface helmet with them and not hurt my ears with the pressure. I can put a microphone extension inside my helmet and I have phone, music and gps. Yes it is a wired system, but it is convenient, easy and economical.

Our dealer carries some aftermarket stuff but I don't know if they do the actual install. They have never let anything we have installed ourselves hinder our warranty in any way though.

Wheeler~
07-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Due to warranty issues, I've found most dealerships shy away from aftermarket accessories. Most are willing to do installations if they know how though! Never quite figured that one out!