PDA

View Full Version : seats

SethO
07-11-2010, 01:35 AM
i was looking at getting a airhawk seat coushin to put inside the front of the seat, was wonder what size,

http://www.powersports4less.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TR048679

What size should I use, I have the seat cut at a 45' angle to put gas in.

was thinking the pillion size 14X11

SethO
07-11-2010, 02:31 AM
anyone have pics of what hey have done to prevent pressue spots? / how many miles you have on the setup you are running.

RoadHammer
07-11-2010, 01:04 PM
i'll get some pics for you 2day Seth. Ive been running mine since day one with the airhawk in the dished out seat.

SethO
07-11-2010, 03:14 PM
i'll get some pics for you 2day Seth. Ive been running mine since day one with the airhawk in the dished out seat.

what size did you go with I think I need the smaller one but was wondering that.

RoadHammer
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Seth, i have the 14x14 medium cruiser. Only thing i dont like about it is length. THe 2 cells in the front fit the contour of the bike nicely but push upwards and curves the cushion a little bit. Im a small guy and sit forward and find it puts pressure on my balls because of the length and curve of the cushion. The width however is perfect.

If i were you i would try the pillion 11x9 and 14x11. See what fits the seat best, & return the cushion you don't use.

How wide is your butt Seth? If you put the 14x11 sideways it might work out.

SethO
07-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I am a smaller as well, I think I would be 14 at the most, I am going to try the smaller pillion one. The pressure spots are in the front of my legs basicly right and left of my balls. I have got them healing up but don't of course want to deal with bleading out because of something stupid like this.

Thanks man.

RoadHammer
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
ya measure 11 wide and 9 long and see where it will end up towards the front of the seat. The only question is it doesn't taper inwards like the medium cruiser, im wondering what it might look like in my mind right now

RoadHammer
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
im goin to take pics of mine right now for ya.

RoadHammer
07-12-2010, 02:23 PM
pics..

i dished it out, got it recovered by a seat dude, put a half inch memory foam underneath the airhawk cause the roads here are so rough i bottom out to the seat pan on hard sharp bumps sometimes. It looks like it sits high but really you sit lower than stock when your butts in it..

SethO
07-12-2010, 04:29 PM
thanks a ton for the pics, I was planning on putting it under the seat and cuttin a small hole to adjust the air and stuff. I am just wondering if I went smaller than you if the inside of my legs would have an issue, I guess there is no pressure on them so would say no.

thanks again for the pics looks like a idea for anyone that wants a better seat and does not want to spend 2k on one.

RoadHammer
07-12-2010, 08:04 PM
you cant put it under the stock seat cover. the roho only works with the cover it comes with. If ya cover it with the seat leather the roho cells wont work properly in distributing your weight around. Ask the roho guys. Thers a science behind it.. It might be fine with some who walks but with para's i wouldn't risk it. It's your ass, don't risk it.
i think you might be getting pressure spots cause your strapped in too tight. Possibility??

Pogo
07-13-2010, 07:31 AM
i was looking at getting a airhawk seat coushin to put inside the front of the seat, was wonder what size,

I have the medium touring seat on my :spyder2:. I actually bought it for my Kawasaki GTR (you would call it a Concours). It fits ok and is quite comfortable once I got the pressure right.

Mine is a couple of years old now and I have to top up the air, just a breath, every six weeks or so.

I find that having it a little high at the front sits me back better in the seat, but you have to dress carefully or it gets painful.:shocked:

Roadhammer is right. It has to be outside so it can change shape to support you.:lecturef_smilie:

Cheers;

Pogo.

SethO
07-13-2010, 01:33 PM
ok, I i will have to get the same setup as you have but I have the 14 by 11 so I will have to see the difference, i do not think it from being tied down too much. I can still shift around with my knees strapped down.

Star Cruiser
07-15-2010, 11:33 PM

I ordered the 14"x11" Large Pillion. I haven't recieved it yet but will let you know how it works for me. I am hoping that it will balance the pressure on my left side prosthetic. I tried out a medium Cruiser seat on my V-Star 1100 prior to my amputation and it was really comfortable. It is crucial not to inflate the cusion very much. There's really good instructions both with the seat and on thier web-site.

SethO
07-16-2010, 01:38 AM
I ordered the 14"x11" Large Pillion. I haven't recieved it yet but will let you know how it works for me. I am hoping that it will balance the pressure on my left side prosthetic. I tried out a medium Cruiser seat on my V-Star 1100 prior to my amputation and it was really comfortable. It is crucial not to inflate the cusion very much. There's really good instructions both with the seat and on thier web-site.

roho is who makes the airhawks and that is the wheelchair pad i have now. Mine should be in tomorrow

SethO
07-21-2010, 04:40 AM
here is my seat I have to test or have a human test, I know airhawk said to not put them underneath but it is also for a passenger size and I did it myself, let me tell you a heat gun is needed to drive staples in with the best electric stapler home depot has to offer. Testing, always testing.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=13354771&l=45d1284861&id=656230098

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=13354772&l=db36985113&id=656230098

Star Cruiser
08-30-2010, 02:00 PM

I am using the 14x11 rectangle now (Large Pillion). I am using it ON the seat, with the included cover. It seems to work better length-wise (14" along the seat and 11" accross it). It is extremely comfortable. I found if I had it wider across the seat, my Prosthetic was higher and with bumpy roads drift off of the peg. Length-wise, much better. Key to comfort on this is not having too much air in it. Using the cover that comes with it also allows some air-flow through the seat and is a lot cooler than sitting directly on the stock seat. I would recommend it to anyone. (Enabled or not - LOL) but it really helps cushion the socket on my prosthetic and even up the weight distribution. :2thumbs: