PDA

View Full Version : Hi Gang!!

Roger
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Well i drove back from South Carolina on tuesday when i hit the delaware memorial bridge it was like i hit a brick wall of humidity! UNBELIEVEABLE...
SO i crossed in to New Jersey and made it to the rest area i had 2 large bottles of water and rested awhile. Continueing on i purposely did not get gas their cause this would force me to stop and drink more water well let me tell you by the time i went to the very next rest area which was about 22 miles i needed water bad and the bike needed fuel my next planned stop was at the rest area on the New York State Thruway in sloatsburgh but i first had to travel the 70 miles up route 287 in NJ, i got 1/2 up and noticed i was thirsty temp on the bike said 105 plus the humidity being pig headed i kept going and made it but when i got their i was so dehydrated and week, dizzy and could barely walk.
So i took the escalator (thank god) upstairs and slowly cooled myself back down then sat down and drank lots of water. It was so bad i probably should have asked for help. I left after about an hour and a half and made it home safe and sound where it actually took me 2 days to completely feel better. And the bike ran like a champ i noticed a couple of things that i will share in another post. Glad to be back!:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Yazz
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Oh dear, you had a bad time ryding today.

In hot weather, about every 60 to 80 miles, Hubby and I always gas up and drink a bottle of water. Next stop, pee and drink another bottle of water. If you don't pee, drink a bottle of Gatorade. Heat exhaustion is nothing to play around with.

canam9
07-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Glad your okay!

SpyderWolf
07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Glad to hear you made it home safely. Dehydration on a motorcycle is definitely nothing to play with. Imagine what could happen if you were to pass out from heat exhaustion. :yikes: You did the right thing by stopping and taking plenty of time to cool down. It was already a bit late, but luckily not too late.

FANG
07-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Just a little medical advice --IF YOU ARE IN HEAT AND HUMIDITY AND YOU ARE THIRSTY - YOU'RE ALREADY DEHYDRATED. DON'T TAKE A CHANGE - TAKE PLENTY OF WATER AND ELECTROLYTE REPLENISHERS - STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR DRINKS. TAKE FREQUENT BREAKS AND USE WET BANADANA AND DORAGS TO HELP KEEP YOUR HEAD COOL. DON'T WANT ANY SPYDERLOVERS HURT BECAUSE OF THE OPRESSIVE HEAT.

rnet
07-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Glad to see made it home, but
I missed you at the race at the race track. I was sitting up with Whitey. Now are you going up to Vermont with me.

SpyderAnn01
07-09-2010, 08:32 PM
I feel your pain. I felt the same way yesterday when I was stuck in traffic in Chicago. What I would have given for a cup holder with a big icy cold bottle of water on it. I had stopped before I got to the congested area and had a big bottle of water but I still could have used another. Glad you made it and I'm sure next time you'll hydrate.

Roger
07-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Thanks everybody i learned a good lesson being a pre diabetic not sure if i was allowed to have gatorade so i stuck with water but i could tell i needed something else! i really should have gotten an IV bag and professional help!

Glad to see made it home, but
I missed you at the race at the race track. I was sitting up with Whitey. Now are you going up to Vermont with me.

Hey buddy are you talking about jody's ice cream run or the other one or does the one in horseheads with the gang from CT come first?

rnet
07-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Hey buddy are you talking about jody's ice cream run or the other one or does the one in horseheads with the gang from CT come first? No Adriens Lake region tour in northern Vermont. So far Shane's going with me and I hope to ride up with Smylinacha & HDX. August 13-15 Can't make the horseheads one, I have corporate pit passes and seats at the Poconos Sprint Cup race.