PDA

View Full Version : NC Spyder Riders Meet and Greet

patches
07-09-2010, 08:30 AM
OK, since Vinny is slacking here lately, most likely finally out riding since he just got his spyder back last week, I want to propose at least a date on a meet and greet followed up by a ride. I have not seen HevenBound around in sometime and he is really good with putting together routes in the area I have in mind so we will leave that open right now.

As for right now, I am looking at:

August 14th, 2010.

I am looking at meeting someone in central NC so maybe somewhere just north of Greensboro area. From there, we can head north to the BRP. I know this is going to be a hike for some of you that may live in the coastal area but I am sure we can make it worth it. We may end having to do a two day trip if we get enough people.
I have emails for most of you at least that I will send out soon, if you have sent me your email address, please PM it to me and I will add you to the list. After looking at my list again, I only have a few so please do send me your contact information.
I have:
ChrisBill HesterStan TurnerDaleLaura BucherAOBohannon

So for now, let's lock in a day. I started this one, let me know how many people can work with date.

Thanks,
Chris

2Gunns
07-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm in :ohyea:

Patches, you mentioned something about one of the aftermarket vendors being up your way & maybe pulling that into the event, any more thoughts on it....?

Contact Info:
jmears@imerys.com

patches
07-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Yes, but it is not really central but I think it would be a great stop, it is Custom Dynamics. Great group of people up there. Will send them a message and see if we can get some interest up. All depends on if there is a ralley somewhere that week.
If you don't know, CD is the reseller for all the NoMagic hardware, they have just about anything you need in stock.

Spyderjuice
07-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Patches, I'm in. Calendar is clear for that time.:2thumbs:
Stan Turner

xpeschon
07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Man I wish I was closer.. Thats a bit far for a day event.. Darn.

X-Joe

2Gunns
07-09-2010, 12:43 PM
...isn't Pilot Mountain or Mount Pilot (way too much Andy Griffin) up that way? Always heard that was a great ride, never made it though.

hevnbound
07-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Hate that I'm going to miss this one! I'm leading a ride for CMA that day.

John G .. Pilot Mtn State Park is in the area of Mt. Airy. That would be a good ride - ya'll could catch Mt Airy (think Andy Griffin) then Pilot Mtn and Hanging Rock State Park. Hwy 268, 66 and others are good crooked roads in the area.

spyder3rdr
07-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Hey Chris , I'm in ... sorry for slacking on trying to put something together for this year ... I like the idea of meeting in Greensboro (good central locale) and we can let the locals show us around ( where to hang out ? eat ? ryde ? etc.) It would have been great to have had notice of the demo in Winston-Salem ... we could have planned it to coincide with the demo event

Big Bird
07-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Count me in... Glenn Johnson aka Big Bird...
:clap:

it's a 3.5 hour ride from here to Greensboro, so I will definitely need a time and location for meeting up with ya'll...:spyder2::2excited:

now I'm really bummed... checked the schedule and I'll be just out of oral surgery at the Dorn VA hospital in Columbia, back on Monday and then again on Wednesday
:cus::(:opps:

Ltownblue
08-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Welcome Big Bird!

Patches,

I'm up for the BRP ride on the 14th. Since I live near the BRP, if you will please just let me know what time you expect to be up this way and your route, I would love to meet up with everyone.

Best,

blue

patches
08-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Hey guys/gals..I just got back from Hong Kong so little slow on getting everything together. Let me look at my calender and see what we can't get scheduled. Should hear back from me soon.

mc2276
08-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Sorry guys, I am going to have to miss this one.:( I am return from 7 months in the Persian Gulf on the 11th and my family will be in town that weekend. Maybe next time. Hope it works out and you all have fun.:2thumbs:

Big Bird
08-06-2010, 11:26 AM
you have added me to your active list of ryders... Glenn

ataDude
08-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry guys, I am going to have to miss this one.:( I am return from 7 months in the Persian Gulf on the 11th and my family will be in town that weekend. Maybe next time. Hope it works out and you all have fun.:2thumbs:

Thanks for serving and Welcome home (when you get back)!