PDA

View Full Version : RT suggestions

Dragonrider
07-08-2010, 08:49 AM
I have a friend buying a RT - I have a highly farkled RS, and have paid no attention to the RT. So for those of you who have one, what farkles should I point him to?

He's getting the RT SM5 - audio. The only things currently on the list is Billy's hand brake (ISCI), and a sway bar. Any other suggestions?

NancysToy
07-08-2010, 09:03 AM
The RT is pretty well equipped, as delivered. I would not aim him at anything, just yet, unless he wants the factory CB/Comm or the factory GPS. He will probably want his own Ipod right away, if he is getting the audio. If I were him, I would ride a while and decide for myself...and that would include the hand brake and sway bar. He may decide he wants Elkas, a different comm system, a different GPS, XM, ESI lights, highway pegs or scuff guards, the factory Travel Cover, trailer hitch, or any of the other options. Hard to decide before you ride, though.

IWN2RYD
07-08-2010, 09:06 AM
I have a friend buying a RT - I have a highly farkled RS, and have paid no attention to the RT. So for those of you who have one, what farkles should I point him to?

He's getting the RT SM5 - audio. The only things currently on the list is Billy's hand brake (ISCI), and a sway bar. Any other suggestions?

Personally... I think once he gets it, he should go from there. These need almost nothing to be wonderful rydes. Once purchased... I think all the "Mods" are personal preferences, brought on by many things. Comfort desires, safety wants, etc... SO there is no "Cookie Cutter" answer :2thumbs:

If I was to do it all again (In no particular order)

ISCI Brake
Sway Bar
ESI Third Brake Light Kit
Hwy Pegs
Cup Holders
The rear trunk shelf made by InspectorGadget
Unplug stock analog gauges and add OIL & Volt

Hmmm... seems I would do pretty much what I have done... Sigh... I loooooooove the sound of the Two Brother exhaust... And I do not consider it a mod. I will not own a vehicle without a nice sounding exhaust. Not loud mind you... I like the low rumbling mellow sound, that I can hear to shift with. Not the loud hear it a mile away stuff. Nothing to do with power or safety. Just a personal want. Like my wife's, no car will be in our driveway without a sunroof. But we have friends that will never ever again buy a vehicle with a sunroof. :roflblack:

retired1
07-08-2010, 09:06 AM
I agree with Scotty!

canam9
07-08-2010, 11:48 AM
What is The rear trunk shelf made by InspectorGadget?:ani29:

MouthPiece
07-08-2010, 01:14 PM
I bought my RT-S because I wanted my wife to ride with me. Call it one of those "partner" things. I've noticed that she is constantly holding onto the hand grips. I completely understand why. Riding a spyder is much different than riding on a two wheeler even for the passenger. There is a lot of centrifugal force involved in turns. It requires a great deal of rider participation. Because she has an obstructed view of what is in front of her, she also is not able to anticipate "what lurks ahead". Now to the point. I for one think that arm rests or something other than the handles to secure the passenger are a must. There have been some threads on this issue. I have yet to see where anyone has posted a picture though of what they have come up with. I sure would like to get some for mine.

Chris PE# 0004

IWN2RYD
07-08-2010, 03:18 PM
What is The rear trunk shelf made by InspectorGadget?:ani29:

:thumbup:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19826

Dragonrider
07-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Well, he's single, and after #2 is committed to stay that way... he just prefers the ergos of the RT. So these farkles are for his enjoyment alone...