PDA

View Full Version : Hey Lamonster

wyliec
07-07-2010, 06:07 AM
I didn't want to interfere with your thread. Is GoPro a supporting vendor? I see it on the home page; but, was just wondering since I am interested in their product.

Thanks

Lamonster
07-07-2010, 06:17 AM
Not a supporting vendor but I am signed up in the affiliate program so if you order through that link it will help support the site.:doorag:

fastfraser
07-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Go Pro :2thumbs: great product. If I can ever figure out how to upload videos I would show you.

canam9
07-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I will order mine thru this site.:ani29:

wyliec
07-07-2010, 10:08 PM
For those that already have one, where are you mounting it? And, are you only using it when riding (spyder or other bike)?

Lamonster
07-08-2010, 07:43 AM
For those that already have one, where are you mounting it? And, are you only using it when riding (spyder or other bike)?
I went with the Motorsports package and it comes with all sorts of mounts. I'm still playing with finding the best place to mount it.

IWN2RYD
07-08-2010, 08:29 AM
We ordered the Motor-sports version as well... On our RT.... We experimented quite a bit... Used all the mounts up as well :roflblack:...

What we found to be the best spot for us.... Right below the side mirrors. We took the small windwings off for more air to us during the summer... Not sure if that is going to work during the winter or not... But this allowed us to us the large suction cup mount, and only the arm that comes with it.

This created a solid, stable mounting point. And the videos kind of look cool to boot!

As for the videos.... I was informed yesterday of a youtube tool that is free! (Link) (http://www.youtube.com/testtube), second item on the list...:thumbup:

bjt
07-08-2010, 11:50 AM
The problem I had with the GoPro camera when I had one was that the lack of a real display made it a pain to use for me when I was on the road. Trying to determine when I was in camera, timed photo or video mode while I was trying to ride and get pictures / videos was just too complicated. More than once, I thought I started it in video or timed photo mode and took off riding only to pull over and see that the thing had turned itself off and not shot anything. :gaah: Every time, it was basically a one shot ride so the missed opportunity was gone forever. :( After that, I went with the VHoldr but didn't like the way that operated either. I found that a video system that worked like I wanted cost close to $1000 and my scenic ride videos just weren't that important.

wyliec
07-08-2010, 07:05 PM
We ordered the Motor-sports version as well... On our RT.... We experimented quite a bit... Used all the mounts up as well :roflblack:...

What we found to be the best spot for us.... Right below the side mirrors. We took the small windwings off for more air to us during the summer... Not sure if that is going to work during the winter or not... But this allowed us to us the large suction cup mount, and only the arm that comes with it.

This created a solid, stable mounting point. And the videos kind of look cool to boot!

As for the videos.... I was informed yesterday of a youtube tool that is free! (Link) (http://www.youtube.com/testtube), second item on the list...:thumbup:

I just purchased the HD motorsports this morning thru the homepage link. I'm hoping I don't have the same problems as bjt.

IWN2RYD
07-09-2010, 08:46 AM
I just purchased the HD motorsports this morning thru the homepage link. I'm hoping I don't have the same problems as bjt.

I had the same um... Challenge :roflblack:... Now I keep the owners manual (Single page it is so simple) with me to remind me what each icon is. Now we are good to go and have captured all our rydes :2thumbs:... My favorite so far is getting to Vashon Island.. We had to take ferries. We (Motorcycles) get to be up front so the ryde across the water is beautiful :clap::thumbup:

SethO
07-10-2010, 01:26 AM

I put mine on the top of my lid(helmet) I had it on the right side of the bike but it did not work as well. I just have the basic setup but I will by a handlebar mount and put it on the wheelchair behind me, after watching lamonsters vid I want to try one with that angle.

I have had a few videos down on my zx12 with the suction cup on the inside of the windshield, it is crazy how good it looks with the lean and stuff, makes a very good 1st person view.