PDA

View Full Version : slick

tweeder
07-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Has anybody ran an actual slick and not a drag radial? I can find drag radials in our size but not slicks. I was told the smallest they make is a 26". With the 26' i'm not sure if the tire will hit the adjustment tab thats on the bottom of the rear shock or not. I wonder if I could cut it off? That and I would have to disable the wheel sensors to accomodate the larger wheel.

SethO
07-05-2010, 07:09 PM
i got a BF DOT still drag I willl be trying out next wednesday, the car guys some who have 850+ HP say they get 6k out of them and are way better than normal tires.

Go on tirerack.com , maybe I am missing what you mean by saying they will not fix?

tweeder
07-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I was just looking on ebay an i see that there are 25+24" slicks in various widths. I did a conversion and ours equals d=24.74, w=4.87, +4.23%.

tweeder
07-05-2010, 09:06 PM
i got a BF DOT still drag I willl be trying out next wednesday, the car guys some who have 850+ HP say they get 6k out of them and are way better than normal tires.

Go on tirerack.com , maybe I am missing what you mean by saying they will not fix?

I originally wanted to go with a drag radial but last year they redid our highways with sealcoating where they lay tar down and cover the whole road with gravel and pack it down. People with softer tires find that it really chews the tires up. That an we get considerable amount of rain so i need something that won't hydroplane. I will in the future get a second rim but for now I'll just have to swap tires.

SethO
07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I originally wanted to go with a drag radial but last year they redid our highways with sealcoating where they lay tar down and cover the whole road with gravel and pack it down. People with softer tires find that it really chews the tires up. That an we get considerable amount of rain so i need something that won't hydroplane. I will in the future get a second rim but for now I'll just have to swap tires.

that is what I tried to buy from some Lowell 347 707 8907 Chithead in NY, he lied to me and said he was going to send it, sent it to the wrong address, all sorts of crap, he had it for sale on spyder talk and tried to sell it again after he sold it to me, he is a LIAR and still has my money.

If anyone can get my rim or money back that would awsome

tweeder
07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Sorry to hear that. I seen on discounttires.com The bfg force drag radial is about $30 cheaper than tire rack.

tweeder
07-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Ttt

tweeder
05-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Summers here so now its time to get serious. Any info on slicks yet? I went back and did the conversion as I forgot about this thread and it came out to 23.85x8.85-15 off of a 225/50-15. I don't know how I hot the first measurement. The best I could find was a M&H racemaster @ 23X8.5-15. How wide has anyone gone for the rear?