PDA

View Full Version : NEED front brake pads I am stuck in Des Moines IA

SethO
07-01-2010, 04:15 PM
The closest dealer is in Omaha, Nebraska at liesure sports, DO NOT BUY EBC ORGANIC PADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3500 MILES AND THE ARE DOWN TO THE METAL AND RIPPING MY RIGHT ROTOR APART!

I am the wing ding in des moines with Aaron carlton who checked everywhere and for the omaha dealer, I will pay ya for your time and will take used oem or the buckets of **** EMC's to get home on.

218 556 3994 call me anytime and I do not have a cpu on my phone so if you are on your way or have some for SURE post up on here and call me.

Hicklen motors helped me out a ton with this as well, I got a leaking value gasket on the back that BRP sent to hicklen

I was trying to get ahold of Larry over in Omaha because his bike is done there.

thanks to anyone that can help.

pierrelogic
07-01-2010, 04:49 PM
The closest dealer is in Omaha, Nebraska at liesure sports, DO NOT BUY EBC ORGANIC PADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3500 MILES AND THE ARE DOWN TO THE METAL AND RIPPING MY RIGHT ROTOR APART!

I am the wing ding in des moines with Aaron carlton who checked everywhere and for the omaha dealer, I will pay ya for your time and will take used oem or the buckets of **** EMC's to get home on.

218 556 3994 call me anytime and I do not have a cpu on my phone so if you are on your way or have some for SURE post up on here and call me.

Hicklen motors helped me out a ton with this as well, I got a leaking value gasket on the back that BRP sent to hicklen

I was trying to get ahold of Larry over in Omaha because his bike is done there.

Here's what I found as close if not closer than Omaha dealership.

Dealers in your area
Leers (http://www.leerscyclecenter.com/index.htm)
LEER'S CYCLE CENTER
37 FLETCHER AVE
WATERLOO, IA 50701
Phone: (319) 235-6453
Toll Free: 1 (800) 870-6058
Fax: (319) 234-1051
email: Service@leerscyclecenter.com

Tempo Marine (http://www.tempomarine.com/Page.aspx/pageId/34170/Home.aspx)
Tempo Marine
1235 14th Ave.
East Moline, IL 61244
Phone: (309)752-0868
Phone: 800-211-9298
Fax: (309)752-0716

Cedar Rapids Motorsports (http://www.crmotorsportsinc.com/index.cfm)
2029 16th Ave. SW,
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Telephone
(319) 368-8000
Email
Sales@crmotorsportsinc.com

Midwest performance & power (http://www.midwesthonda.com/)
Midwest Performance & Power
3447 Main St.
Keokuk, IA 52632
Phone: 319-524-2604
Toll-Free: 800-368-2604
Fax: (319) 524-8726
E-Mail: info@midwestperformance.com

RoadHammer
07-01-2010, 10:16 PM
hope you find some, mine are almost pooched too.

Firefly
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM

I've got a whole set of EBC's ---- I can ship them out in the morning anywhere you want--- overnight.....

Firefly
07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Okay-- strike that....

Seth got ahold of some pads from Larry--- about 2 hours from where he was.... so he'll be all set.....

Really concerns me about those EBC pads !!!!!

Big Arm
07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I'll be there in the morning with the pads Seth. Front and back:yes:
Larry (Get the coffee on )

pierrelogic
07-02-2010, 03:34 AM

Spyder owner helping spyder owner....gotta love it! :clap:

SpyderWolf
07-02-2010, 08:07 AM

:2thumbs:

Way to go Larry!

Seth, thanks for posting about the EBC Organic pads as well. I was actually thinking about ordering a set so you saved my bacon big time. I hope you are back on the road, and continuing to be a test pilot, very soon. :thumbup:

xpeschon
07-02-2010, 08:24 AM
SethO there must be something about the the whole Des Moines Iowa area that just don't sit well with you right??--Possible during your next trip south you can manage to STAY out of that area dude... Anyway I see that Larry has "Done the good Deed",, Now thats what this forum is all about, I thank you Larry along with many others I'm sure for getting SethO back on the road, both of ya ride safe and keep us all posted..

Joe
(X)

BumbleBee
07-02-2010, 08:27 AM
:2thumbs: Great job. SpyderLovers to the rescue :firstplace:

Big Arm
07-02-2010, 11:24 PM
I picked up the brake pads Seth needed at Leisure Life Sports in Omaha yesterday, while I was there picking up my Spyder from the deer hit I got a month ago.
I got to Des Moines this morning around 10:15 and gave Seth a call to hook up with him. Found him there at the BRP tent, in the parking lot of the Des Moines Event Center, where he was helping to register riders for the Demo rides.
Des Moines was hosting the Gold Wing, "Wing Ding" this year, and from what I seen, There were plenty of Gold Wing riders signing up for the demo rides. The line was almost constant and they were showing plenty of interest in the Spyder.
Anyway, Seth was glad to get the brake pads, so he could get home this week-end, otherwise I think he may have been stuck there till Tues. After visiting with him and Aaron Clayton, the BRP rep. for awhile, Seth was getting ready to go see a local wrench, that was going to put the new pads on, and to see if he could possibly get his right rotor turned down. I wish I'd taken a pic of the rotor, but maybe Seth did. Since he said he didn't need any help, I headed back home around noon.
Maybe Seth will follow up with a report.........
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/larryspic/reg1.jpg

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/larryspic/reg2.jpg

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/larryspic/reg3.jpg

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/larryspic/reg4.jpg

aka1004
07-03-2010, 01:50 AM

LARRY LARRY LARRY. :bowdown:

SpyderWolf
07-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the update Larry, and the great pictures as well. Those little car trailers are very cool, and something I have not seen before.

canam9
07-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Spyder owner helping spyder owner....gotta love it! :clap:
:2thumbs: I love it!!:ani29:

SethO
07-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Just got back, can't thank Larry, Jim, Dan, Len and everyone else on the site that gave me a hand. Larry's dealership was the closest ones with the pads which are the gen 3 and are OUTSTANDING, lock's up the tires, I am sending a email to ebc about this issue and seeing if you will stand behind their buckets of schit product.

Larry is the man and is legit, I would reccomend anyone that wants to see how new owners react to the BRP products go help out if you want to have a long day of people who want something for nothing and want to not fill out paperwork for it. Got some free food, hotel rooms and get to know the sales rep outlook on it.

Rando
07-04-2010, 01:35 PM
...pads which are the gen 3 and are OUTSTANDING...Do you have the part number?

SethO
07-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Do you have the part number?

no, I may have the backs part #, I will check

wyliec
07-04-2010, 04:03 PM
no, I may have the backs part #, I will check

When I contacted my dealer the other day for pricing of the new pads, he tried to tell me the p/n's between the front and rear were different and this sounds like what you are saying. I thought the p/n's were only different because the packaging for the front contains 4 pads.

SethO
07-05-2010, 12:30 AM
I have the old ones in the parts bag of the rear pad, I will check or you could contact leisure life sports

http://www.leisurelifesports.com/aboutus.asp

and see what they sold me for products stuff.

Firefly
07-05-2010, 12:48 AM
When I contacted my dealer the other day for pricing of the new pads, he tried to tell me the p/n's between the front and rear were different and this sounds like what you are saying. I thought the p/n's were only different because the packaging for the front contains 4 pads.

The front and back pads are completely different parts.

Check any parts breakdown online and you'll see...

Big Arm
07-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Do you have the part number?

Before I gave Seth the new break pads, I wrote down the numbers from his receipt. The part #s for the new generation 3 pads are: front BR219800164 and the rear is : BR219800165

SpyderWolf
07-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Before I gave Seth the new break pads, I wrote down the numbers from his receipt. The part #s for the new generation 3 pads are: front BR219800164 and the rear is : BR219800165

:2thumbs:

Thanks Larry!

I have 2 full sets of generation 2 pads, but may not use them and go straight to the gen 3 ones instead.

SethO
07-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I got a inital reply from EBC saying that can am made them use speific material for the pads, but I explained everything else to them and they have not replied to me or called.

larry thanks for the part #'s