PDA

View Full Version : EVERGREEN SAFETY COURSE in WA State

murphybrown
07-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I just calculated out what it cost me to do the Evergreen Trike Safety Course which I highly recommend:
Trip on Spyder to Yakima: Won't count fuel & food because I would take a trip like that anyway.
Cost of Advanced Trike Course: $125
Cost of Really Nice Motel: $90

Here is the good news: Passed course which resulted in:
$186. savings on my insurance
State Endorsement without taking the DOL's driving test.
Definitely increased knowledge & skills
PLUS :2thumbs: met wonderful new friends....

So for an investment of $29 and some fuel (for me and the Spyder) I had a great weekend of ryding, learning and getting endorsed.

So remember if you take a safety course get ahold of your insurance agent and see if it gives you a reduced premium.
Have a great day. Life is great.:ohyea:

IWN2RYD
07-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I just calculated out what it cost me to do the Evergreen Trike Safety Course which I highly recommend:
Trip on Spyder to Yakima: Won't count fuel & food because I would take a trip like that anyway.
Cost of Advanced Trike Course: $125
Cost of Really Nice Motel: $90

Here is the good news: Passed course which resulted in:
$186. savings on my insurance
State Endorsement without taking the DOL's driving test.
Definitely increased knowledge & skills
PLUS :2thumbs: met wonderful new friends....

So for an investment of $29 and some fuel (for me and the Spyder) I had a great weekend of ryding, learning and getting endorsed.

So remember if you take a safety course get ahold of your insurance agent and see if it gives you a reduced premium.
Have a great day. Life is great.:ohyea:

Congrats!!! :ohyea::thumbup::yes:

BTW... Off subject here.... And it depends on the limit of your coverages... We got three quotes for our insurance. We found Gieco with the maximum they offer for Motorcycles... To be the cheapest.. About $897 a year after the 10% discount on the class. We have great credit and no driving citations in two decades...

We learned AFTER we took the Gieco policy, that the $2400 a year quote from Progressive was my fault. We are not to select the "Trike" in the quote. but motorcycle instead. This drops the rate significantly.

We also called our local Insurance agent.. he told us Foremost was $2100 ish. :gaah: Something about the bike being to new (Type) to know what to charge? :hun::dontknow:

This is still double what my friends pay for their Harley's :(

Any-who... Just trying to be helpful to a fellow Green State alumni... :thumbup:

Dragonrider
07-01-2010, 11:32 AM
:yikes: :yikes: I will not complain about my $294 a year full coverage policy for my Spyder ever again !!!!!!!

murphybrown
07-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Congrats!!! :ohyea::thumbup::yes:

BTW... Off subject here.... And it depends on the limit of your coverages... We got three quotes for our insurance. We found Gieco with the maximum they offer for Motorcycles... To be the cheapest.. About $897 a year after the 10% discount on the class. We have great credit and no driving citations in two decades...

We learned AFTER we took the Gieco policy, that the $2400 a year quote from Progressive was my fault. We are not to select the "Trike" in the quote. but motorcycle instead. This drops the rate significantly.

We also called our local Insurance agent.. he told us Foremost was $2100 ish. :gaah: Something about the bike being to new (Type) to know what to charge? :hun::dontknow:

This is still double what my friends pay for their Harley's :(

Any-who... Just trying to be helpful to a fellow Green State alumni... :thumbup:

I would encourage everyone to call Marc Fischer/Fischer Specialty Ins. 1-877-537-2555. I now pay (with discount) $608 annual...for great coverage. Prior to the best I found was with Foremost and I tried 7 companies...at almost $1200 annual. Marc is licensed to insure in WA state...he only insures motorcycles/trikes and so seems to have made this a win for those of us who believe in insurance. Yes, I also found that trikes were expensive to insure. Hope this might save you some $$$ (more to spend on mods, trips, etc. etc.) :thumbup:

canam9
07-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Safety at any cost.

IWN2RYD
07-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I would encourage everyone to call Marc Fischer/Fischer Specialty Ins. 1-877-537-2555. I now pay (with discount) $608 annual...for great coverage. Prior to the best I found was with Foremost and I tried 7 companies...at almost $1200 annual. Marc is licensed to insure in WA state...he only insures motorcycles/trikes and so seems to have made this a win for those of us who believe in insurance. Yes, I also found that trikes were expensive to insure. Hope this might save you some $$$ (more to spend on mods, trips, etc. etc.) :thumbup:

Even better info! Thank you very much... My coverages are below. I found that if I dropped to 100/300/100 my rates dropped $182 a year. Thought that was kind of weird. Normally not that drastic of a change.

Is the policy you have similar to my coverages? I know having a higher deductible always helps... But to me on this bike the amount of damage that can happen at 10 miles an hour seems higher than a car would be to me... Thanks for your input :yes::bowdown:

Yol Bolsun
11-25-2011, 05:23 PM
So, who is 'flying' the Spyder (http://www.esc.org/step_training.php) on the Evergreen Safety Council Sidecar/Trike Education Program (S/TEP)? Does this individual frequent SpyderLovers?

Has anyone contacted ESC re: courses in state other than those noted on the ESC site?