PDA

View Full Version : belt tension

aka1004
07-01-2010, 01:56 AM
are you supposed to leave the rear wheel on the ground when you adjust with the new spec?
thank you in advance.

bone crusher
07-01-2010, 03:04 AM
are you supposed to leave the rear wheel on the ground when you adjust with the new spec?
thank you in advance.

Don't quote me on this but I think my dealer did...they have an instrument that measures the vibration to determine the tension...I think I recall the back tire was on the ground when they did this...

fastfraser
07-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Back wheel of the ground, for sure.

groundeffect
07-01-2010, 05:19 AM
Back wheel of the ground, for sure.
:agree:. The rear wheel has to be off the ground when adjusting, tension or checking the belt tension and alignment.

Hope that helps.

NancysToy
07-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Don't quote me on this but I think my dealer did...they have an instrument that measures the vibration to determine the tension...I think I recall the back tire was on the ground when they did this...
If they left the wheel on the ground when they adjusted it, and did not make allowances, the belt is probably too loose. BTW, it is difficult to adjust the belt properly in the shop without jacking the Spyder up, since you can't easily rotate the wheel to check in three places, so I suspect your dealer did it right.