PDA

View Full Version : No decent fu%@# Dealer?

Bootie
06-30-2010, 05:21 PM
I called Johnny K's Powersports in Niles, OH to schedule an oil change. The guy told me that they were busy but that I could bring my Spyder in and leave it for 2 or 3 days and they would get to it when they could. WTF:cus:
This does not seem to be the way to cultivate a loyal customer base.:gaah:
I said fu:cus:that and called Leisure Time Powersports in Corry, PA (where I bought my RT) and they said bring it in anytime and we'll squeeze you in. It is 100 miles further to the Corry Dealer but I am sticking with them.

What's with these Dealers?? BRP ought to find some that actually LIKE working on Spyders.:(

canam9
06-30-2010, 05:43 PM
I called Johnny K's Powersports in Niles, OH to schedule an oil change. The guy told me that they were busy but that I could bring my Spyder in and leave it for 2 or 3 days and they would get to it when they could. WTF:cus:
This does not seem to be the way to cultivate a loyal customer base.:gaah:
I said fu:cus:that and called Leisure Time Powersports in Corry, PA (where I bought my RT) and they said bring it in anytime and we'll squeeze you in. It is 100 miles further to the Corry Dealer but I am sticking with them.

What's with these Dealers?? BRP ought to find some that actually LIKE working on Spyders.:(
I dont know, but to leave it two or three day is not so bad to me.
My stealership told me I would need to make an appointment for an
oil change. And the soonest I could get in was three weeks out. So
it is what it is to me. Just my .02:ani29:

Amanda B
06-30-2010, 05:55 PM
My dealership won't take appointments, but if you pay extra for their maintenance contract then as long as you get it there first thing in the morning it is guaranteed to be done that day. However, if you need anything other than the regular work, prepare to leave it for at least two weeks.

wyliec
06-30-2010, 07:26 PM
When I call the dealer where I purchased the Spyder, he checks his calender to see when an appt. can be made. Sometimes it is 2 weeks out. I don't see a problem with that; if they have other customers ahead of me, I can't expect him to push me to the front.

aka1004
06-30-2010, 07:35 PM
i think these things happen because a lot of spyder dealers are watercraft dealers and they get swamped this time of the year.
once i called a dealer for 6000 mile service who sell mostly watercraft in june and they said they can squeeze me in september...

Texmac1011
06-30-2010, 07:41 PM
i think these things happen because a lot of spyder dealers are watercraft dealers and they get swamped this time of the year.
once i called a dealer for 6000 mile service who sell mostly watercraft in june and they said they can squeeze me in september...

:agree:
Although my dealer said he could do my 12k service right away, I could see he was swamped with watercrafts. I told him he could keep it for 6 days and he was very appreciative. Hopefully, he has a good memory.

Bootie
06-30-2010, 08:52 PM
I dont know, but to leave it two or three day is not so bad to me.
My stealership told me I would need to make an appointment for an
oil change. And the soonest I could get in was three weeks out. So
it is what it is to me. Just my .02:ani29:
So, you're on a cross-country trip and you decide you need an oil change. You would not mind waiting 2 or 3 weeks, eh? Say goodby to your vacation.

Smylinacha
06-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Just got my 12K done and it was done the same day, no problems :2thumbs: And he matched the price that was posted here for the BEST warranty :2thumbs:

Now I gotta wash it - it's been dirty for a while.

WackyDan
06-30-2010, 09:34 PM
So, you're on a cross-country trip and you decide you need an oil change. You would not mind waiting 2 or 3 weeks, eh? Say goodby to your vacation.

That is the exception... I've had trouble twice with my spyder during trips, and two different dealers took me right in, and fixed it parts and all.

My brother had a front tire go bad on his Harley this last trip. They took him right in and replaced the tire.

My experience has been that when they know you are hundreds of miles from home, they take care of you.

I would say that for an oil change, you shouldn't have to leave it every time.

SpyderWolf
06-30-2010, 09:50 PM
That is the exception... I've had trouble twice with my spyder during trips, and two different dealers took me right in, and fixed it parts and all.

My brother had a front tire go bad on his Harley this last trip. They took him right in and replaced the tire.

My experience has been that when they know you are hundreds of miles from home, they take care of you.

I would say that for an oil change, you shouldn't have to leave it every time.

:agree: Most dealers will do their best to get you back on the road quickly when you are a long way from home. I even had one take a part of a Spyder on the showroom floor and put it on mine so I could be on my way.

There is a dealership in Columbia that will only do oil changes on Saturday, and that is all they do on Saturdays. First come first served basis. They do this because they realize people need oil changes done, and figure this is the easiest way to handle as many as possible while they are open that day.

Making an appointment for a service would not bother me, but if I made the appointment then I would want the work done while I waited as well. I really don't think that should be too much to ask.

ArmyJoe
06-30-2010, 10:31 PM

I'm from Columbus, Ohio and this isn't uncommon for me, either. That's why I started doing my own oil changes. You only save about $20, but your bike is only unavailable for 60-90 minutes.

Firefly
06-30-2010, 11:29 PM
That is total BS.....another reason I'll do my work myself. I can change the oil on my GS in 30 minutes. I know the RT takes longer due to the panels-- but c'mon!

bone crusher
07-01-2010, 03:08 AM
With my dealership, I always make an appointment...for something like an oil change, it's never really an emergency, so calling ahead and setting up a date/time works well...

M2Wild
07-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Summer is the busy time for motorcycle dealerships. Everyone wants to ride and everyone wants their work done on a priority basis. Only thing a dealer can do is to schedule it .... why should Spyder be any different? We special or something? An oil change should not make or break a long trip. If you needed one that bad, get it done before you leave. Otherwise, do the job yourself and stop complaining. There are a lot worse things you are gonna encounter down the road with owning a Spyder .... better learn to deal with the simple things.

pjp623
07-01-2010, 07:20 AM
I don't think that Spyder owners are looking for prefential treatment so much as for many of these dealers, Spyders are more of an after thought and this is something that BRP needs to work on.
My closest Can Am dealer has been trying for a couple of years now to also become a Spyder dealer with no luck, so what's up here.
Sounds like the best way to get service is to take a trip out of state and find a sympathetic dealer. :spyder:

wyliec
07-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Summer is the busy time for motorcycle dealerships. Everyone wants to ride and everyone wants their work done on a priority basis. Only thing a dealer can do is to schedule it .... why should Spyder be any different? We special or something? An oil change should not make or break a long trip. If you needed one that bad, get it done before you leave. Otherwise, do the job yourself and stop complaining. There are a lot worse things you are gonna encounter down the road with owning a Spyder .... better learn to deal with the simple things.

:2thumbs: Well said.

Bootie
07-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Perhaps you misread my post. I said I had called the dealer to SCHEDULE an oil change. He said leave it for 2 or 3 days and they would get around to it when they could.:( I'll be sure and leave it there...NOT:(

Firefly
07-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Good dealers like Cowtown would squeeze you in---

Over-shooting your oil change by a thousand miles or so isn't gonna hurt it....

M2Wild
07-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Sorry I came across a little more heavier than intended. I am no fan of dealers either and I am not suprised that some of them wants you leave the bike for 2-3 days for a simple oil change. Heck I even have a dealer here wanting me to leave my bike for 2-3 days for that 2nd update. It all worked out in the end for me but if you don't want to part with your bike for too long, you will need to do a lot of the stuff yourself. If you think 2-3 days for the oil change is bad, wait until you get the bill for the oil change.