PDA

View Full Version : Lost antenna . . . is it necessary to replace?

VaughnCat
06-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Yesterday we noticed that somewhere along the way, the antenna on the RT disappeared :yikes: Since we never listen to the radio, we're wondering if it is necessary to replace it?

If it is not, we'll need to find a plug for the hole where it used to be . . . .

If it is necessary, we'll probably go with a shorty.

Any thoughts? :popcorn: :popcorn:

Cat

docdoru
06-30-2010, 05:55 PM
http://www.esicycleproducts.com/ :D

dave711
06-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Seems that mine did the same thing.. I wonder if they got together somewhere? I usually listen to the Ipod but like having the radio.... Should at least plug the hole as it is right over the tail light connections. I'm gonna see it they will replace it under waranty as it just fell off and BRP knows about them falling off!

canam9
06-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Yesterday we noticed that somewhere along the way, the antenna on the RT disappeared :yikes: Since we never listen to the radio, we're wondering if it is necessary to replace it?

If it is not, we'll need to find a plug for the hole where it used to be . . . .

If it is necessary, we'll probably go with a shorty.

Any thoughts? :popcorn: :popcorn:

Cat

Hello Cat,
I have the shorty and I like the way it looks alot. I was thinking about get one for the other side just to have it match. I think it will look cool and I want to put the flag on there as well. I think you can find a plug at Ace Hardware. Say hi to Vaughn.
Ron:ani29:

Brevet05
06-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Mine disappeared either on the way to or on the way back from the 600 mile (okay, 715 mile) service. The good folks at South Texas Suzuki replaced it. I've a long ride to Ohio, so I'm going to get some blue Loctite and hope for the best.

I listen to the radio a lot, but I also have XM; portable, not installed, and discovered that the XM antenna works just fine under/inside the trunk lid. I can't change the channel with it back there, but I listen to either baseball or old time radio shows, so I don't flip much anyway.

CyncySpyder
06-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Lost :dontknow: mine as well right around the 500 mile mark. Was originally told that it wouldn't be covered under warranty :lecturef_smilie:, and my cost would be right about $50 :yikes:, but after talking with the right person :bowdown:, they agreed to cover it.

CyncySpyder
06-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Mine disappeared either on the way to or on the way back from the 600 mile (okay, 715 mile) service. The good folks at South Texas Suzuki replaced it. I've a long ride to Ohio, so I'm going to get some blue Loctite and hope for the best.

I listen to the radio a lot, but I also have XM; portable, not installed, and discovered that the XM antenna works just fine under/inside the trunk lid. I can't change the channel with it back there, but I listen to either baseball or old time radio shows, so I don't flip much anyway.

Think I saw somewhere that you are moving to Dayton Ohio? When you get in town, let me know. I live in Northern KY, right across the river from downtown Cincy, about 45 minutes south of Dayton. Would be cool to have another Spyder Ryder to cruise with. Hope you have a safe & Joyful Trip.

dav~