PDA

View Full Version : NEXT WANT exhaust header wrap or coating

frank3
06-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Guess this might be a question for Scotty or Lamont. I'd like to remove my front cylinder exhaust pipe and either wrap it or have it coated this winter. Dosn't look like the pipe from the rear cylinder would need it but the pipe from the front cylinder runs the full length of the engine and really transmits lots of heat to the exterior tupperwear. I think this would remove lots of heat from under the ridder. Is there a problem with doing this? If not, which is the prefered method, wrap or ceramic coating?

NancysToy
06-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Wrap is more work for the owner, but it doesn't require masking off areas to be clamped, like ceramic. It can even sometimes be applied without removing the pipes, for some vehicles, if you are patient. It would be my first choice...but I am a cheap sorta guy. :D I would not recommend wrapping just one header pipe. You could end up with one cylinder running leaner than the other, although on the RT with two O2 sensors, that is less of a possibility.

frank3
07-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Once again, THANK YOU SCOTTY. I think you might be right. Wouldn't be that much more work to wrap the other pipe as well while I've got it apart. This will be one of my projects this winter.:thumbup: