PDA

View Full Version : New DPS - need information

LaughingHeart
06-27-2010, 01:59 PM
I just had a new DPS installed in my Spyder because of steering issues. My Spyder was one of the first ones to come out - PE#731.

I would like to know if anyone has had steering problems recur once a new DPS is installed. Also I am wondering if anyone knows what is different in the new DPS units that prevents the steering problem I had from recurring.

I love my Spyder and was having a ball ryding. It was like she was on rails! I really came to trust her as I rode. Then the steering problem happened and now I don't feel the same trust I once had in the Spyder. It was more than a little scary to have the Spyder decide where she wanted to go all on her own! Some solid information would help.

Thanks for any help you can offer so I can ryde with confidence again.

biker1
06-27-2010, 03:05 PM
I know exactly what you mean about the trust issue. I had a scary incident when the steering locked up and was not willing to drive over 50mph for a while. Had the new DPS installed on 28th May and in those couple of weeks I feel that I am driving a completely different bike. The trust issues should get less with time and you will start driving for enjoyment once again.
Not sure about long term issues, but no problems encountered yet and hopefully I will not be adding any posts in the future about the steering.
Hang in there, try some back roads with slow corners and take it easy for a couple of weeks.
Enjoy

Smylinacha
06-27-2010, 09:17 PM
I had the lock up too last year. Took a while but I feel at one w/ my Spyder again. :2thumbs: