PDA

View Full Version : So, R U Back yet?

Amanda B
06-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Are you guys back from Chicago yet? Details...:D

superfly3
06-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Just got back home safe and I guess I am the first to chime in,sorry you could not be there this time,had a blast alittle unorganized though I think I had a better time at the hotel than at the BRP event.

8LEGS
06-27-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm home. Ran into a thunderstorm just as we got onto 65. I was following Trickie Dick and we just kept trucking on. It was raining so hard at times it was difficult to see, but I'm not normal (as you all know) and enjoyed riding in the rain.

The event was ok, but for me, the real fun was at the Candlewood parking lot.:2thumbs:

superfly3
06-27-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm home. Ran into a thunderstorm just as we got onto 65. I was following Trickie Dick and we just kept trucking on. It was raining so hard at times it was difficult to see, but I'm not normal (as you all know) and enjoyed riding in the rain.

The event was ok, but for me, the real fun was at the Candlewood parking lot.:2thumbs:

The rain was really coming down and it was difficult to see,but to tell you the truth I really enjoyed riding in the rain, it was refreshing after the hot and humid weekend we had.:D

8LEGS
06-27-2010, 03:52 PM
:2thumbs:

Amanda B
06-27-2010, 05:08 PM
We had a downpour here too. I was going to ride today as I got my spyder back late yesterday but there was too much lightening and I prefer to test it more when the weather is good. I'm glad you made it back home safely! Anyone have pictures, so I can live vicariously? What was Candlewood? I'm hoping everyone else made it home safely as well!

Trickie Dick
06-27-2010, 06:56 PM
I wasn't too excited about the lightning either. It was definitely coming hitting the ground around us.
Candlewood suites was the hotel we stayed in. The best part of the weekend was the gathering in the parking lot. We had pizza Friday night in the pavilion at the end of the motel. After dinner Saturday alot of people gathered as well.

NewRider
07-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Glad to hear you folks had fun in Chicago. Would like to have gone, but a stack of personal obstructions prevented it...not the least of which was falling down a few concrete steps, then going over the side onto a concrete patio, landing on my face!:( Still shaking off some aching muscles, along with shoulder scratches.

Still, on the positive side, I can ride my dear yellow Spyder without a hitch... but my brain must still be scrambled: can't decide which aftermarket option to go with next...sigh...:ani29:

SpyderSteve
07-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Made to Green Bay on the Sunday with very little rain, then back to Mississauga on tuesday with no rain, and like the other posters said the candllewood was the best:clap: