PDA

View Full Version : Need help with adjustable bars (Kewl Metal)

bandwagon
06-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I purchased the adjustable bars from Kewl Metal. I did not purchase the extentions from them since the video gave the impression that there would be no or little if any problems. After cutting the stock bar I spent a considerabe amount of time trying to free up enough cable. I could not and placed the Spyder in the shop. They were able to order cables from CA. But would not to the same for the reverse side of the SE5. Stating that any tampering with the electronics ( harness) would some how effect the handleing of the Spyer and BRP would have issues with them doing so. Therefore my warranty would be voided. I know there are a lot of Spyder owners that have installed risers. So any help in this area is greatly appreciated. I'm presently awaiting a reply from Kewl Metal. I don't want to have to replace the stock bars. Thanks
Ken:chat:

stormtrooper
06-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I have 2010 rs -s I installed 3 inch spydercity riser with directions cut 2 zip ties and have plenty of extra cables + wires on both sides of the bars (se5) have not had a single problem with 3 inch riser install

Capt John
06-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Make sure all the zip ties are cut. Read this entire thread. I believe it will help you with your problem
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6190

bone crusher
06-26-2010, 11:54 PM
I have 2010 rs -s I installed 3 inch spydercity riser with directions cut 2 zip ties and have plenty of extra cables + wires on both sides of the bars (se5) have not had a single problem with 3 inch riser install

Didn't you lose your steering lock with that riser set?

stormtrooper
06-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Yes Bone Crusher that is the only problem with riser

Campverdefela
06-29-2010, 12:09 PM
I just finished installing the Kewlmetal risers and it worked out great for me. You have to as mentioned cut those two zip ties, hard to find, follow the wiring harness. I had to remove the windshield and top panel that the windshield bolts to and the instrument cluster to get to them. Tip: Wedge a screwdriver between the wires and zip tie before attempting to cut with an ex-acto knife.