PDA

View Full Version : how do i find out my model number on my can am?

MySpyder
06-26-2010, 01:38 PM
do i just need the vin... i seenk peoples can am make number in there handlebars

YPILOT
06-26-2010, 02:07 PM
It is the last four digits of your VIN #. However the Premier editions which were the first ones built had the Premier Edition # inscribed on a plate in the handlebars. These units I believe were all built in 2007 and titled as 2008 models. The regular 2008 and later models which started production in 2008 do not have this designation.

do i just need the vin... i seenk peoples can am make number in there handlebars

Tom in NM
06-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Check your Vehicle Registration, there should be a block for the Model #.

Tom

NancysToy
06-27-2010, 03:48 PM
On your VIN# sticker on the right side of your swingarm, you wll see both the model designation and the VIN#.

Deanna777
10-31-2021, 02:42 PM
Where can I find the Unit number on a 2014 RTS-SE6?

Deanna

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-31-2021, 03:29 PM
Deanna, not sure what you mean by unit #. Serial/sequence or model?

Deanna777
10-31-2021, 06:01 PM
Deanna, not sure what you mean by unit #. Serial/sequence or model?

IdahoMtnSpyder: Does the spyder have a model # or Serial/sequence # when the spyders come off the production line?

Example: # 1, 2, 3, etc.

The reason why I am asking is I filled out a Oil Analysis form they are asked what the Unit number is.

Deanna

Wmoater
10-31-2021, 06:41 PM
Mine is on the left side sitting on it. Directly under the passenger foot peg on the frame. That’s for the 17 RTL.

Peter Aawen
10-31-2021, 07:30 PM
IdahoMtnSpyder: Does the spyder have a model # or Serial/sequence # when the spyders come off the production line?

Example: # 1, 2, 3, etc.

The reason why I am asking is I filled out a Oil Analysis form they are asked what the Unit number is.

Deanna

Not Idaho, but That'll be the VIN - the Vehicle Identification Number is a unique code, including a serial number used by the automotive industry to identify individual motor vehicles; detailing their production date, order/sequence, model specs, option info, when, & where they were manufactured/came off the production line. Other's have outlined where they found their VIN. :thumbup:

That said, for many vehicle fleets, ie. all the vehicles owned by one owner/company &/or held or maintained at one site, the company may assign a Unit Number that is usually a lot shorter than the VIN which is still a unique identifier for THAT vehicle owned by THAT company/at THAT site.... and for those owners & their oil analysis purposes, THAT's the number the oil analysis mob will likely want - the oil analysis mob are usually just after whatever unique identifier you (& they ;) ) can use to make sure the analysis results don't get attributed to the wrong vehicle. :sour: . You would be perfectly entitled to tell them YOUR Unit Identification number is #1, cos this will be the first vehicle from YOUR 'fleet' that you bought... or maybe that you've ever got an analysis for. :ohyea: . Or if you wanted, it could be any other unique identifier that you chose which clearly lets YOU identify that the analysis they send back belongs to THAT specific vehicle... :D . Or you could use the VIN that the vehicle manufacturer has already assigned as a unique identifier, an identifier which also encompasses a whole lot more info, like engine type & spec, including some details that may impact upon how your oil should be expected to perform. :rolleyes:

Me, I'd just use the VIN, even if I (still) had anything like a 'fleet'! :roflblack:

Enjoy! :cheers:

RideOn
10-31-2021, 09:12 PM
Spyders do have a model number on the VIN tag but it’s not unique, it just identifies it, for example, as a red/chrome RT Limited.

I do agree with Peter that for oil testing purposes it means fleet unit number, which identifies single units in a fleet of trucks, cars, trailers, etc. Unit number is seldom tied directly to VIN but it could be.

Deanna, I think you can put whatever you want there so long as it means something to you.

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-31-2021, 10:02 PM
:agree: Spot on, Peter. In fact, I left most of the vehicle info boxes blank since I have only one vehicle I was doing oil analysis on.

Little Blue
11-01-2021, 06:21 AM
:chat: Yes, Peter Aawen is right on.
You the best and thanks for your reply.......:thumbup:

Longtimer
11-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Title and registration

Deanna777
11-01-2021, 07:42 PM
Not Idaho, but That'll be the VIN - the Vehicle Identification Number is a unique code, including a serial number used by the automotive industry to identify individual motor vehicles; detailing their production date, order/sequence, model specs, option info, when, & where they were manufactured/came off the production line. Other's have outlined where they found their VIN. :thumbup:

That said, for many vehicle fleets, ie. all the vehicles owned by one owner/company &/or held or maintained at one site, the company may assign a Unit Number that is usually a lot shorter than the VIN which is still a unique identifier for THAT vehicle owned by THAT company/at THAT site.... and for those owners & their oil analysis purposes, THAT's the number the oil analysis mob will likely want - the oil analysis mob are usually just after whatever unique identifier you (& they ;) ) can use to make sure the analysis results don't get attributed to the wrong vehicle. :sour: . You would be perfectly entitled to tell them YOUR Unit Identification number is #1, cos this will be the first vehicle from YOUR 'fleet' that you bought... or maybe that you've ever got an analysis for. :ohyea: . Or if you wanted, it could be any other unique identifier that you chose which clearly lets YOU identify that the analysis they send back belongs to THAT specific vehicle... :D . Or you could use the VIN that the vehicle manufacturer has already assigned as a unique identifier, an identifier which also encompasses a whole lot more info, like engine type & spec, including some details that may impact upon how your oil should be expected to perform. :rolleyes:

Me, I'd just use the VIN, even if I (still) had anything like a 'fleet'! :roflblack:

Enjoy! :cheers:

When I filled out the Oil Analysis paper I did include the VIN #.

So when I get the Oil Analysis results back, I'll know it is my spyder.

Thanks

Deanna

Deanna777
11-01-2021, 07:47 PM
Spyders do have a model number on the VIN tag but it’s not unique, it just identifies it, for example, as a red/chrome RT Limited.

I do agree with Peter that for oil testing purposes it means fleet unit number, which identifies single units in a fleet of trucks, cars, trailers, etc. Unit number is seldom tied directly to VIN but it could be.

Deanna, I think you can put whatever you want there so long as it means something to you.

RideOn,

I did put a number in the "Unit" section, and they also asked for the VIN number, which I also wrote down.

Thanks. I'll mail the Oil Analysis sample on Tuesday 11/2/2021, when I get the oil analysis results back I post on a different thread.

Deanna

Deanna777
11-01-2021, 07:48 PM
Title and registration

Also on the Insurance I.D card.

Deanna