PDA

View Full Version : Hello

FJRChuck
06-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Hello all !

I am interested in getting a Spyder some time in the future. Currently I ride an FJR1300. I live just North of Cincinnati.

Hopefully I will learn more about the Spyders on this website and be able to make an informed decision on whether to get one!

Thanks for having me!

FJR CHuck :2thumbs:

YPILOT
06-26-2010, 02:13 PM
welcome and future :spyder:owner. Find a dealer and ride a few times, these are fun machines but they are not motorcycles and handle differently. You just have to try it for yourself with an open mind and a loose grip.:doorag:

COOLMACHINE
06-26-2010, 03:32 PM
:agree: The loose grip thing. :D
They're a blast to ride that's for sure!!!
Nice avatar by the way. Looks like a fast machine. :thumbup:

Dragonrider
06-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Yep - no wheelies, no stoppies, no metal scrapping on corners, no lane splitting, just lots of attention and fun.

the nicko
06-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Get spyder :2thumbs::2thumbs:

i love my spyder

Raptor
06-26-2010, 04:42 PM
These things are a blast to ride. :2thumbs: It's really different than the rocket you are on now, and you must forget much of your 2-wheel technique to ride a Spyder. But with your experience you will learn quickly and soon you'll be enjoying the experience very much.

These machines provide a smooth ride, good low-end torque, good power band, comfortable riding position, even for taller/bigger guys like me, good manners in town and in traffic, and with ABS and traction control etc. there is a measure of safety that other bikes cannot match.

I agree with YPILOT, get in touch with your nearest dealer and ride one so you can see for yourself. Absorb the info on this board; there are great and knowledgeable folks who know these machines very well. Good Luck!

SpyderWolf
06-26-2010, 05:11 PM
welcome

As others have said, schedule a test ryde before you do anything else. Multiple test rydes would be even better. Just be prepared, that once the Spyder bites the addiction is uncontrollable.

Smylinacha
06-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Test ride and find a GOOD dealer.

BajaRon
06-26-2010, 10:15 PM
The Spyder is a whole different world. Not necessarily a better world (though many would argue that point). But a very fun, very different world.

Very few who give the Spyder an honest try walk away without one, no matter what they came in on.