PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have clutch problems recall fix

William S.
06-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Hello all I had the clutch recall fixed (before recall) around a month ago and on my last couple rides the bike is stalling. It stalls every 10ish stops and it's usually when I let the bike shift down by itself, also it slides into 2nd gear more so than actually shifting into gear. When I took it into my dealer they said it couldn't happen after the "fix". Any ideas would be helpful!

Dan

NancysToy
06-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Hello all I had the clutch recall fixed (before recall) around a month ago and on my last couple rides the bike is stalling. It stalls every 10ish stops and it's usually when I let the bike shift down by itself, also it slides into 2nd gear more so than actually shifting into gear. When I took it into my dealer they said it couldn't happen after the "fix". Any ideas would be helpful!

Dan
The dealer can say anything. The fact is that there is still a problem, so they need to analyze it, get with BRP, and find a cure. I hate dealers with this kind of stupid attitude. There is no law of physics that says something can't break twice, even with redesigned parts...or that something else cannot break and cause the same symptoms.

William S.
06-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks Scotty:bowdown: I'm taking her back in tomorrow

IWN2RYD
06-26-2010, 09:30 AM
The dealer can say anything. The fact is that there is still a problem, so they need to analyze it, get with BRP, and find a cure. I hate dealers with this kind of stupid attitude. There is no law of physics that says something can't break twice, even with redesigned parts...or that something else cannot break and cause the same symptoms.
:agree:

One question to ask your dealer... Did they also do the computer update for the tranny?

I know just reading the posts here and there do not make this factual, but you might be the first one with an issue after the fix. At least your the first one I have read.

This makes me wonder if the repair was done to the full extent they are asking for on the official recall? :dontknow:

Good luck!!

Questions
06-26-2010, 11:52 AM
I have a spider RT-S and a RS and just bought a new one for my wife we love our spiders but we just got the 2 new rt-s's and they have serious recalls with the clutch we can't even drive them it's very upsetting, that these touring bikes would have so many issues.

plus 4 other issue like fuel gage's and brakes squeaking loudly etc. but the big issue is the clutch and there back ordered on the parts so here I spent 50 plus grand on these's awesome bikes and I can't even ride them any idea's I have called brp but no help as I can't get a number that they acutely answer I love my spider but it's no use to me if I can't ride it.

canam9
06-26-2010, 09:37 PM
:agree: