PDA

View Full Version : Chicago

fastfraser
06-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Gassed up,checked tire pressures,coolant and oil levels ,lights and turn signals, hooked up the wifes suitcase ER UM trailer and all is good to go!:2thumbs: The Friendly Canucks ( Fastfraser, Northstar and 2Faston3 ) are heading out Thurs. to hook-up With Deb and Brian in Flint Michigan for the trip down to owners event in Chicago Fri. morning ! Looking foreword to meeting old friends and making new ones.

Hope I don't bump into any HOOLIGANS !:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderSteve
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Gassed up,checked tire pressures,coolant and oil levels ,lights and turn signals, hooked up the wifes suitcase ER UM trailer and all is good to go!:2thumbs: The Friendly Canucks ( Fastfraser, Northstar and 2Faston3 ) are heading out Thurs. to hook-up With Deb and Brian in Flint Michigan for the trip down to owners event in Chicago Fri. morning ! Looking foreword to meeting old friends and making new ones.

Hope I don't bump into any HOOLIGANS !:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
Just finished checking my :spyder2: to. also i installed my nelson rigg cl-950 saddle bags [very impressed] i am leaving thursday am will see you guys friday :2thumbs:

3tracs
06-23-2010, 09:02 PM
I'll be leaving Friday morning, bright and early!:yes:

bjt
06-24-2010, 06:45 AM
We're waiting for you guys to show up. :2thumbs:

nudle
06-24-2010, 08:10 AM
:2thumbs:Have a safe trip,wish I was joining you guys but I had other commitments. Hope to see you all in Gatlinburg in Sept the good lord willing.

BumbleBee
06-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Final check was done on my spyder and husband's bike.
Packed and ready to go :2thumbs:

We will be on the road in 1 1/2 hours, have to wait for the kennel to open. :(

See you all in Chicago, Have a safe trip :2thumbs:

Sorry you can't make it "nudle", see you in Sept, we are already registered!

MackeyMouse
06-24-2010, 03:02 PM
I HAVE GOT TO BE THE BIGGEST CHICKEN in the Central USA. You couldn't PAY me enough to take my life in my hands like that going into down town Chicago!!!! Did that once years ago with a 33 ft travel trailer on Friday at around 5 PM.( it was a mistake I lost track of time) THAT WAS SCARRY!!!!! Don't EVER want to do it again!! too much chicken in me!!! I will wait for the BRP group to get smart and have their get together in CUBA,...MO !! Where the traffic is a little more sane.:cus: :dontknow::ani29:

BMW
06-24-2010, 04:53 PM
So don't go to chicago; go around. that's what I'm doing. Not all roads lead to chicago. See YOU in Cuba next yr..:roflblack::roflblack:

Firefly
06-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Made it to Libertyville--no problems. The tollway is THE way to go---- they fixed the previous nightmare merge near O'hare.

Heard from others that 94 near Chicago was not good----

Scotty are you reading this??? :D

PixieRage
06-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Avoid 94, it's brutal until you get farther north, take 294 if you can.

NancysToy
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Made it to Libertyville--no problems. The tollway is THE way to go---- they fixed the previous nightmare merge near O'hare.

Heard from others that 94 near Chicago was not good----

Scotty are you reading this??? :D
I'm reading it. We may give it a try.

dltang
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm reading it. We may give it a try.

Just an FYI Scotty, we will be in Lawrence about 10:30/11:00 and then we are making a stop at I-94 and 31 at Napier Rd to pick up Roger from Traverse City about 1/2 hour later. We plan on being at Portillos in Merrillville, IN off i-65 about 12:30/1:00 EST for lunch. We will leave there, head west on 80/90 to 294. We are not taking 94 thru Chicago. Also, our newest addition, Roger, is staying at the Hampton Inn as well. We'll see you there. Drive safe.

ntxYguy2009
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I made it to Cuba, MO today and met the crew at Cowtown! :2thumbs: I was so impressed with Len, I asked if I could join his pack tomorrow for the remainder of the trip. :2excited:

I noticed that my inspection sticker was gone and my license plate was tearing in half. :yikes: Len patched it up for me. I have no idea where my inspection sticker is (somewhere in OK I guess!). :dontknow:

Can't wait to see everyone. Please save us some pizza. Len said that we should be there around 7 PM.

I second the motion to have next years event in Cuba! Even if that does not happen Spyderfest 2011 will rock!

David

WaltH
06-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Just an FYI Scotty, we will be in Lawrence about 10:30/11:00 and then we are making a stop at I-94 and 31 at Napier Rd to pick up Roger from Traverse City about 1/2 hour later. We plan on being at Portillos in Merrillville, IN off i-65 about 12:30/1:00 EST for lunch. We will leave there, head west on 80/90 to 294. We are not taking 94 thru Chicago. Also, our newest addition, Roger, is staying at the Hampton Inn as well. We'll see you there. Drive safe.

The Hampton Inn is just two stop lights north of the Candlewood Suites. We are very close.

c

superfly3
06-24-2010, 10:45 PM
I am planning on being at portillios between 12:00 and 12:30 I am taking us31 south to plymouth and then taking us30 west to merrillville.I will see everyone there tomorrow.:2thumbs:

Firefly
06-24-2010, 10:55 PM
294 tollway was a BREEZE-- many of us took it and it's worth the .80 per toll!!!

Locals have said to stay away from downtown at all costs during the taste--- gonna be a nightmare!

Candlewood still had rooms--- they hooked up retired1 (john) tonight with one... $79 but he got the AARP discount so it was only $69.00.

Good luck and safe travels!!!

8LEGS
06-24-2010, 11:01 PM
:2thumbs: See you all tomorrow! Oh, and I promise I'll be on my best behavior. nojoke

dltang
06-24-2010, 11:12 PM
I am planning on being at portillios between 12:00 and 12:30 I am taking us31 south to plymouth and then taking us30 west to merrillville.I will see everyone there tomorrow.:2thumbs:
I am hoping we can be there by 12:30EST if all goes well. That is the goal.

:2thumbs: See you all tomorrow! Oh, and I promise I'll be on my best behavior. nojoke

No Tina, don't do that. We want to have some fun...LOL:2thumbs:

8LEGS
06-24-2010, 11:19 PM
I am hoping we can be there by 12:30EST if all goes well. That is the goal.

No Tina, don't do that. We want to have some fun...LOL:2thumbs:

Well OK Deb, since you put it that way. :D

And .... shouldn't you be in bed? You have an earlier start than me!

dltang
06-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Well OK Deb, since you put it that way. :D

And .... shouldn't you be in bed? You have an earlier start than me!

Yes, can't sleep. Just sold my iphone on ebay and waiting for an answer to some questions. See you less than 12 hours...LOL

fastfraser
06-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Hooked up with some hooligans in Flint MI (Deb and Brian) Heading down to Chicago at 8 and meeting some more Spyder Lovers on the way down.

I think we got us a convoy.:roflblack::roflblack:

bjt
06-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Hooked up with some hooligans in Flint MI (Deb and Brian) Heading down to Chicago at 8 and meeting some more Spyder Lovers on the way down.

I think we got us a convoy.:roflblack::roflblack:

:lecturef_smilie: I'm not the hooligan....... :D

Mo Lee
06-25-2010, 05:34 AM
:lecturef_smilie: I'm not the hooligan....... :D
No but I think you married one (Spyderfest) remember.

xpeschon
06-25-2010, 05:48 AM
On the road by Noon, HOPEFULLY.. Gotta put in a couple hours in at work today then we will be off and running.. Have to stop by Cowtown and get the oil changed, some other small checks and then Len and I and a few from St. Louis will be off.. I'm thinking we should be able to pick them up around 1:00 then head NORTH,, its only 297 miles to chicago so again I'm thinking we should be pulling in by 6:00 - 6:30ish, but remember Len is leading so therefore it maybe 4:00 - 4:30ish, see ya all soon.

PS: GMAN I got your message, I KNEW she could do it, I just knew it!! Congrads to BB..

Joe
(X)

Mo Lee
06-25-2010, 05:58 AM
On the road by Noon, HOPEFULLY.. Gotta put in a couple hours in at work today then we will be off and running.. Have to stop by Cowtown and get the oil changed, some other small checks and then Len and I and a few from St. Louis will be off.. I'm thinking we should be able to pick them up around 1:00 then head NORTH,, its only 297 miles to chicago so again I'm thinking we should be pulling in by 6:00 - 6:30ish, but remember Len is leading so therefore it maybe 4:00 - 4:30ish, see ya all soon.

PS: GMAN I got your message, I KNEW she could do it, I just knew it!! Congrads to BB..

Joe
(X)You all are gonna have so much fun. Almost makes me wish I would have skipped my Final today since I already have enough points to pass. Oh and G-Man Lily lied to Bridgette (of course she didn't know), I don't have text on my phone just email and the internet, didn't figure I needed it or knew how to use it. Big congrats to BB.

spyderjack
06-25-2010, 06:35 AM
JUST NORTH OF LIBRTYVILLE IN GURNEE AT GURNEE MILLS IS A Mc DONALDS THA HAS A FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE IN . Anyone interested ?
There are also lots of restaurants in the area . I will be back on line at noon to see if anyones interested and wants to cruise
Thanks Spyderjack

NancysToy
06-25-2010, 07:47 AM
JUST NORTH OF LIBRTYVILLE IN GURNEE AT GURNEE MILLS IS A Mc DONALDS THA HAS A FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE IN . Anyone interested ?
There are also lots of restaurants in the area . I will be back on line at noon to see if anyones interested and wants to cruise
Thanks Spyderjack
That sounds interesting...if we're not exhausted. Leaving about 10:00 via M-60, US-131, and US-12 to Chesterton, IN, then superhighway to Libertyville. Yes, Firefly, we will divert to 294. :D Should be at the Hampton mid-afternoon...prior to check-in time. We'll stop by the Candlewood before supper.

NancysToy
06-25-2010, 09:47 PM
We're here...bunches of us! Nice to finally put some names with faces and voices. Rain in the forecast tomorrow, but were still gonna have fun!!!

fastfraser
06-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Im only an hour from Chicago and would never go there for something like this, they shouldve had it in Milwaukee with Summerfest going on, much nicer. Plus I had posted to see what these meetups were all about, but never really got an answer.

Sorry you can not make it,but what a missed chance to meet and make new friends and you are only 1 hour away. Some of us drove great distances to be able to do what you could have done in only 1 hour. :dontknow: