PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound familiar

Mo Lee
06-22-2010, 06:38 PM
To some of you it might. Wife gets home from 2 months in Japan Thursday evening and Friday she drove our 2010 purchased in new Feb with 3000 miles on it now, to the store. When she came out it would not start. The dealer was just 1/4 mile away so she called them, they tried to start it with the key and when it did not start they towed it in gave her a rental and said they would look at it as soon as they could. Come Monday she checked on it early and again after lunch and it was not looked at yet. When she left she commented she may call the Manufacture and shortly after she got home they called and said nothing was wrong and it was ready for pick up. She went and when she left it started however the dash lights were acting up. Service manager took it back in and said they had to reset the computer and it was ok now. Today it quit again and they towed it in again. apparently they worked on it and took it for a road test and had to tow it back again. Did I forget to mention this is a Chevy Colorado. I still say we are going too far with todays electronics. I've had the Spyder 1 1/2 years and it has not been on a trailer yet.

2NFrnt
06-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Mo Lee, I agree with you 100%. Told my wife some time back I'm going to buy something from the 60's and rebuild it because I hate all the electronics on my truck.:gaah: On the other hand I have no complaints about anything on my RT-S, so go figure.:D

Sam

MarkLawson
06-23-2010, 07:26 AM
BRP was about to give up on the Spyder because it was too unstable. It wasn't until they engaged Bosch to work on it that the Nanny was developed (electronics) that made the project work.

Electronics: You can't live with them. You can't live without them.