PDA

View Full Version : Hindle exhaust loose heat shields... Does JB Weld do the trick? Best method to apply?

Greg H.
06-22-2010, 10:57 AM
All rivets are intact. But, I want to get these shields anchored down once and for all. What is the best method?

Thanks!

patches
06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
I popped mine out as one was very loose and rattled..drove me nuts. I reattached with some small nuts and bolts with a high temp rubber washer looking thing a local exchaust place gave me. Working out like a champ..does not look the best though since taking the rivet all the way out was a frigging pain. will get pics to you soon.

M2Wild
06-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Someone on here drilled the rivits out and chrome plated the shield and reattached with rivits. Look like a million bucks.

Firefly
06-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Same problem here--- no time to mess with it so I just put a stainless steel hose clamp around it--- it was driving me crazy.

Will have to drill it out and put new rivets in someday when it's rainy.

Not sure I understand how the person re-did theirs with nuts and bolts.....:dontknow:

docdoru
06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Someone on here drilled the rivits out and chrome plated the shield and reattached with rivits. Look like a million bucks.
Yes it does! :thumbup:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=202126&postcount=3

bone crusher
06-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Mine has loosened a little but it doesn't chatter and it you'd never know the rivets are loose unless you move the shield around...why bother to fix something if it ain't broken? The shield still does what it's supposed to do...

xpeschon
06-22-2010, 08:47 PM
bone crusher mine was like that for awhile as well,, it eventually got so loose that it started to rattle, give it some time,, I hope not--However I did manage to take the exhaust off and drill the rivets out and picked up some small bolts like patches did and managed to bolt the shield on,, I only did the little one cause thats the only one that rattled, the larger shield seems to be good thus far, so I am like you why bother to fix it if it ain't broke so I'm holding off on that one but if it act's up I'm gonna do the same thing.. Fly its kind of a Pain in the butt to do but I will show you in Chicago what I did.. Tight spot to get into on the bottom potion of the bracket for sure but manageable... Maybe patches will get some pic's taken..

Joe
(X)

Firefly
06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
bone crusher mine was like that for awhile as well,, it eventually got so loose that it started to rattle, give it some time,, I hope not--However I did manage to take the exhaust off and drill the rivets out and picked up some small bolts like patches did and managed to bolt the shield on,, I only did the little one cause thats the only one that rattled, the larger shield seems to be good thus far, so I am like you why bother to fix it if it ain't broke so I'm holding off on that one but if it act's up I'm gonna do the same thing.. Fly its kind of a Pain in the butt to do but I will show you in Chicago what I did.. Tight spot to get into on the bottom potion of the bracket for sure but manageable... Maybe patches will get some pic's taken..

Joe
(X)

Thanks-- I'll for sure check out what you did as my hose-clamp doesn't quite flow with the good looks of the Spyder.....:roflblack:

bone crusher
06-22-2010, 10:39 PM

Joe
(X)

Mine has been loose for some time but it seems to have stopped getting looser...who knows, maybe that's only my imagination...for now, though, it seems to be intact...let's hope it stays that way...argh!

Roger
06-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Just fixed the small shield yesterday drilled out the rivets and used bigger headed stainless rivets. So far so good. :2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
06-23-2010, 09:32 PM
I may stop by a muffler shop and see if they can help me with the rivets on mine. I have been hearing a tinny sound from my Spyder for a while now, and just figured out what it was today. :helpsmilie: