PDA

View Full Version : FUEL / IDLE ?

Eddie
06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
So far I have been doing very well with my J.B. settings. Running GREAT!! But' the past few days around 100deg temp and Humid. to match. When I start it up.It likes to fall on its face for a min. 2.Thn after a good warm up it sounds like its missing. I went out and cranked the fuel up even more. Now it seems to be doing fair again.More so just after start up and then a little shaky off and on unstable idle but' tolerable.I really would have thought less fuel in warm weather like this. But' it seems to be more fuel all the time. I keep going fuels gonna be maxed out. Any one else deal with this type of a problem?? :chat:
Thanks ED

bone crusher
06-21-2010, 07:43 PM
So far I have been doing very well with my J.B. settings. Running GREAT!! But' the past few days around 100deg temp and Humid. to match. When I start it up.It likes to fall on its face for a min. 2.Thn after a good warm up it sounds like its missing. I went out and cranked the fuel up even more. Now it seems to be doing fair again.More so just after start up and then a little shaky off and on unstable idle but' tolerable.I really would have thought less fuel in warm weather like this. But' it seems to be more fuel all the time. I keep going fuels gonna be maxed out. Any one else deal with this type of a problem?? :chat:
Thanks ED

I live in MD and I've found that high heat and humidity affect the bike to some extent...I think I have the JB settings pretty good (have hindle and green filter), but invariably, there are some issues until I really get going. I just replaced my exhaust gaskets, so we'll see what effect that has...

Eddie
06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
I live in MD and I've found that high heat and humidity affect the bike to some extent...I think I have the JB settings pretty good (have hindle and green filter), but invariably, there are some issues until I really get going. I just replaced my exhaust gaskets, so we'll see what effect that has...

Now that I have set the fuel up once again. It runs GREAT on start up all the way thru warm up. Then the idle gets not bad but still get a little unstable. Runs fare but' still not as good as when cold. I still think it needs more fuel. Got me baffled :dontknow:

bone crusher
06-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Now that I have set the fuel up once again. It runs GREAT on start up all the way thru warm up. Then the idle gets not bad but still get a little unstable. Runs fare but' still not as good as when cold. I still think it needs more fuel. Got me baffled :dontknow:

Do you have higher concentrations of ethanol out there? We're at 10% in MD...not sure if they affects things as it burns differently..

I tweak my JB after the updates...usually takes me about 5-6 fill-ups to get it right...now, I'm only on I think the third since the second update....been really busy and unable to ride too much :(

It's in the 90s here now with humidity...yuck...not a very comfortable ride...

Eddie
06-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Do you have higher concentrations of ethanol out there? We're at 10% in MD...not sure if they affects things as it burns differently..

I tweak my JB after the updates...usually takes me about 5-6 fill-ups to get it right...now, I'm only on I think the third since the second update....been really busy and unable to ride too much :(

It's in the 90s here now with humidity...yuck...not a very comfortable ride...
I think its about the same here. But' what they say and what it is who knows?? I'm also curious as to just how much of a diff. Octane would make. Thinking about trying a little octane booster.

Firefly
06-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Save your $$$ on the extra octane--- Spyder doesn't need it.

I don't ryde mine until I have 2 bars.

Safer to run too rich than too lean.....