PDA

View Full Version : water wetter really works!!

aka1004
06-20-2010, 12:15 PM
i added a bottle of water wetter when my spyder started over-heating and it was just little bit low on coolant, thinking that might be the problem but it turns out my thermostat is malfunctioning BUT when coolant is circulating, my spyder is running much cooler.
i only saw 6 bars one time yesterday ryding in stop and go traffic and was mostly on 4 bars. i did not get on the freeway but i am thinking it will run on 3 bars with the air dam and water wetter. my spyder has never ran cooler in this kinda weather till the thermostat malfunctions again and temp zooms up to 7 bars...

if you ryde all summer, this 10 dollar investment will keep your spyder happier for sure but even if you don't, running almost a bar cooler never hurts.:thumbup: water wetter is sold at ridenow and cyclegear, pink liquid in clear bottle.

SpyderWolf
06-20-2010, 01:20 PM
For only $10 a bottle, it sure seems worth it. Especially since it is highly doubtful it can hurt anything to put it in there. Thanks for sharing.

1badspyder
07-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up Ken.:chill:

burg650
07-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Did you drain what was in there or just add it in.

jimclarkf1
07-25-2010, 06:46 PM
I hope to change some of my fluid and put some tape on the exhaust, by next spring foe SPYDERFEST 2:2thumbs: it has to help,,:clap:

M2Wild
07-26-2010, 09:34 AM
I used a turkey baster to siphon some coolent out of the tank and put in 1/2 bottle of the "ice".

DragonSpyder
07-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I was thinking of putting engine ice in my ATV until others discovered it was corroding the water impellers. Many had issues.... I think I remember you were supposed to drain the coolant to make sure you did not mix but it has been awhile... So, make sure you do some research before using.

1badspyder
08-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Ken, any idea when the Vegas Spyders are gonna ride again. I enjoyed :clap: the last ryde up to the Valley of Fire. Let's make this happen. :yes:

Roger
08-11-2010, 07:22 PM
i added a bottle of water wetter when my spyder started over-heating and it was just little bit low on coolant, thinking that might be the problem but it turns out my thermostat is malfunctioning BUT when coolant is circulating, my spyder is running much cooler.
i only saw 6 bars one time yesterday ryding in stop and go traffic and was mostly on 4 bars. i did not get on the freeway but i am thinking it will run on 3 bars with the air dam and water wetter. my spyder has never ran cooler in this kinda weather till the thermostat malfunctions again and temp zooms up to 7 bars...

if you ryde all summer, this 10 dollar investment will keep your spyder happier for sure but even if you don't, running almost a bar cooler never hurts.:thumbup: water wetter is sold at ridenow and cyclegear, pink liquid in clear bottle.

Yes this stuff works we use it on the big block modifieds here in the northeast can't explain it it just does. you can find it at your local speed shop or on line.

darren
05-09-2011, 05:55 PM

I just replaced the coolant with engine ice it took about 45 minutes to pull panels of and drain and flush system out, the maker of this product say it should reduce temps by 10 degrees and flows better then normal coolent.
Which allows the coolant to cool faster , any way at $30.00 each x2 bottle
I hope it works

http://static.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/f/86/f864160b686d3bb6a46f5676312c6ed4_detail.jpg