PDA

View Full Version : Help me solve this problem

Campverdefela
06-20-2010, 11:16 AM
My RS has this problem with an occasional burp or pop thru the throttle intake especially when first taking off. After it's been running awhile it pretty much goes away and it runs good. I've had the Hindle, JB and K&N intake on now quite awhile without problems until this showed up. I've removed the 02 modifier thinking that might help but it still does it. I have about 2500mi. and have changed the plugs recently. I've had all the updates done and replaced the y gaskets and plugged the purge valve. Anyone else have this problem and or solution?

aaronsbs
06-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I had the same problem on my 2008 RS last year. It only would happen on the first ride of the day. Answer was that after letting it warmup raw fuel was in the throttle case and i had to go through housing tract before getting up to good speed. would burp due to raw fuel.. started driving through housing tract at a higher rpm and it stopped..

kman
06-21-2010, 06:04 AM
I get the same thing every now and then when getting back into the throttle especially when riding two-up and lower rpm (<4000).I did not notice this untill I got the Race airflow installed but I am wondering if it was there all along and I could't here it due to the airbox.I also noticed it more after I added my own cool air intake and had to adjust the the timing
to add fuel on acceleration sooner and more fuel in the cruise mode to get it to happen less often.Perhaps Firefly or Magicman could weigh in on this asI know Firefly made his own box to cut down on the noise.:dontknow:

RShrimp
06-21-2010, 06:27 AM
I have the same issue and have always had it. I have minimized it by adding the O2 elim, sealing up the exhaust (new seals) and adding a cold air intake to the Race air flow kit.

I still does it once in a while but not near as much as in the past.
I has stalled before right when you crack the throttle off idle. (not anymore)

Campverdefela
06-21-2010, 01:27 PM
I had the same problem on my 2008 RS last year. It only would happen on the first ride of the day. Answer was that after letting it warmup raw fuel was in the throttle case and i had to go through housing tract before getting up to good speed. would burp due to raw fuel.. started driving through housing tract at a higher rpm and it stopped..
I don't understand "go through housing tract". And also to reiterate, the popping noise is coming from the throttle-air cleaner area.

Longlegs
06-21-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't think the O2 sensor would have anything to do with it. It is not active during warm-up. It might just be the rich "choke" mapping til it warms up?