PDA

View Full Version : my $66.** RISERS

Eddie
06-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Well I fibbed a little :opps: I also paid $7.99 for shipping of these polished 4" Finch Dog Bones. I used old handles off of the little hydrolic jacks for my 7/8 pipe. If you take a good look you will notice I still need a couple of rubber plugs to clean up the look some. Also look at how I have my clutch Res. mounted on the other side of the riser. I could mount it next to the handle if I trimmed a little off my riser. The riser is just a little thick and hits the clutch master cyl if I mount it the way it should be. Wouldn't be to hard to do. I may change it one of these days. But' for now this works just fine. Not bad for a 30 min. job and a total of $74.48 invested. After riding with the risers. I don't know how in the world I ever rode with the stock ones. OH MAN DOES IT MAKE A BIG DIFF! I am a happy camper :yes:

SpyderWolf
06-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Those are interesting. Did you have to cut the handlebars?

Eddie
06-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Those are interesting. Did you have to cut the handlebars?
I done the install before I cut my bars. I wanted to make absolutly sure it would work first.I took it down the road to see how it felt and it felt great:2thumbs:. Then I cut the bars with a saws all :yikes:.

SpyderGirl
06-19-2010, 10:50 AM
WOW!! Innovative! :2thumbs:

Sarge707
06-19-2010, 04:57 PM
:2thumbs: Nice!!!!:2thumbs:

tatt2r
06-19-2010, 05:34 PM
they look very thin ... i would drive a bit easy till you can tell if they are going to hold up nojoke

Eddie
06-19-2010, 11:31 PM
they look very thin ... i would drive a bit easy till you can tell if they are going to hold up nojoke
No actually they are very thick. You break them you have done somthing. Those dog bones are for mounting handle bars on a lot of dif. bikes. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270591312105&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=539deac51290a0e205161d26ff009305&rvr_id=&ua=WXI8&itemid=270591312105

rider2554
06-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Well I fibbed a little :opps: I also paid $7.99 for shipping of these polished 4" Finch Dog Bones. I used old handles off of the little hydrolic jacks for my 7/8 pipe. If you take a good look you will notice I still need a couple of rubber plugs to clean up the look some. Also look at how I have my clutch Res. mounted on the other side of the riser. I could mount it next to the handle if I trimmed a little off my riser. The riser is just a little thick and hits the clutch master cyl if I mount it the way it should be. Wouldn't be to hard to do. I may change it one of these days. But' for now this works just fine. Not bad for a 30 min. job and a total of $74.48 invested. After riding with the risers. I don't know how in the world I ever rode with the stock ones. OH MAN DOES IT MAKE A BIG DIFF! I am a happy camper :yes:
Thanks for helping me solve one of my problems. These dog bones look great and for considerably less than the others out on the market. Do you think they'll work for the SE5? Going out to the garage right now and check it out.

Tom in NM
06-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Eddie, :2thumbs:

Clever, clean look, totally functional, and all at a reasonable price!

Great job!

Tom

fastfraser
06-20-2010, 04:51 AM
WOW!! Innovative! :2thumbs:

:agree: +1

woodchuck
06-20-2010, 07:28 AM
I done the install before I cut my bars. I wanted to make absolutly sure it would work first.I took it down the road to see how it felt and it felt great:2thumbs:. Then I cut the bars with a saws all :yikes:.
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CUT THE HANDLE BARS AND WHERE DID YOU CUT THEM? tHANKS:lecturef_smilie:

Eddie
06-20-2010, 12:26 PM
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CUT THE HANDLE BARS AND WHERE DID YOU CUT THEM? tHANKS:lecturef_smilie:
When you mount the risers you will have roughly around 5 - 6" s of the old bar sticking out.
If you was to leave them on. It would look like you had 2 sets of handle bars.I chose to take the extra off of mine. I just cut them were it looked best.

ArmyJoe
06-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Now you need to raise the mirrors!

Eddie
06-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Now you need to raise the mirrors!
No thats the part I don't get. I see a lot of post on here.Where risers have been installed and they had to install mir. extenders. But' I see out of mine just fine. No problem with adjustment. Danged if I know what they are talking about.:dontknow: Matter of fact I may see out of them even better than before.nojoke

SpyderGirl
06-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Wish I would have known about these risers prior to spending $200 on mine. Oh well. Thanks for sharing! :2thumbs:

bruceofthebronx
07-13-2010, 03:47 AM
No actually they are very thick. You break them you have done somthing. Those dog bones are for mounting handle bars on a lot of dif. bikes. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270591312105&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=539deac51290a0e205161d26ff009305&rvr_id=&ua=WXI8&itemid=270591312105
Hello Eddie. I just ordered these bones, if I need some help with the install can I send you a PM? Thanks, Bruce

pjp623
07-13-2010, 09:10 AM
:2thumbs: Sweet, any problems getting the cables to reach or did that help to determine where you cut the bar?

SpyderGirl
07-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Would love to hear more about the installation of these including any obstacles you had to overcome and how. We are considering these for my hubby's new Spyder.

Found them on eBay for $20.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Alloy-Handlebar-Risers-7-8-Bars-Mini-Bike-Chopper-/160455340188?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255be2309c

Eddie
07-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Hello Eddie. I just ordered these bones, if I need some help with the install can I send you a PM? Thanks, Bruce
Yes you sure can.
Thanks Ed

Eddie
07-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Would love to hear more about the installation of these including any obstacles you had to overcome and how. We are considering these for my hubby's new Spyder.

The hardest part was drilling the little alignment hole for the throttle. When you pull the throttle side apart.You will notice it has a little hole to lock the assembly in.That keeps it from moving when you throttle the bike. Also on the clutch side I wound putting the clutch handle on the back side of the dog bone.Because the dog bone is a little thick and was hitting the resevoir.Looks like you could grind just a tad off the bone and get by ok. I just didn't really want to take any off of mine. It works just fine the way I have it now. I installed my bones and rode it down the road before I Cut off the ends of the orig. bars. You will need a cut off wheel or saws all & 2 7/8 od bars to install your throttle and clutch handles on.

bruceofthebronx
07-19-2010, 04:47 AM
The hardest part was drilling the little alignment hole for the throttle. When you pull the throttle side apart.You will notice it has a little hole to lock the assembly in.That keeps it from moving when you throttle the bike. Also on the clutch side I wound putting the clutch handle on the back side of the dog bone.Because the dog bone is a little thick and was hitting the resevoir.Looks like you could grind just a tad off the bone and get by ok. I just didn't really want to take any off of mine. It works just fine the way I have it now. I installed my bones and rode it down the road before I Cut off the ends of the orig. bars. You will need a cut off wheel or saws all & 2 7/8 od bars to install your throttle and clutch handles on.Thanks for the input, wish it had arrived Friday. Truth be told, for someone like myself, my Shadetree has no leaves. I would have been better off with the other risers. For instance, did not have enough pipe for 1 side, let alone 2. Finding the correct size was not easy. I saw the little hole, I'm hoping the Syder Gods get it drilled now that the pipe is installed, without a hole. The right side, with all the running around I had to do, took 6 hours. Left side next weekend, I'm praying. For me, this was a 'penny wise, $3,000 foolish mistake but the right side will look good when I find caps. Think I'll stick to what I know best and when I find out what that is, I will. Have a great day.